Anna Shcherbakova | Page 145 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Never seen Anna's pictures from the Cup of China:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4pnIOFAU98/

I hope she gets to go back to cup of China this year but I'm very concerned about that event and all the events in figure skating. Some of them on the Challenger Junior and senior circuits may go off but they also may not have spectators. Very concerning and I think the next Winter Olympics in China is up in the air to be honest. That would be terrible because Anna will be right on point then to make the podium and potentially win gold.

Vemvane

On the Ice

She is adorable, and really does demonstrate her musicality even so young.

So amazing, graceful and feeling every note of the music. :luv17:
Shayuki says she lost a bit of that lately... If so, I think it's because of huge load of technical content and purposely artistically simplified programs. There is just so much less time to 'breathe music' between 4Lz3T, 4Lz and 4F...

She is fantastic, isn't she? For me, I think her musicality has become more refined with age - I have just finished a rewatch of the most recent Russian Nationals ladies free skate, and her Firebird is sublime. She just hits all the right notes at the right time, and makes it look so natural. What she doesn't have time for, though, is to finish expressing the music all the way to her fingertips, which is, if I squint reaaaaaally hard to see it, more noticeable in the more lyrical first half, whilst the excitement and the speed of the music that comes after her transformation work very well with the bolder, sharper movements. But different people will feel differently!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna's English has improved so much, she seems to speak fluently now and tries to avoid the Russian accent as best as she can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0K96IN4IEk, probably reading from a cue sheet ;-)
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GkRfXxxBaM

Anna says "Eteri Tutberidze is very demanding, which helps us to show good results in competitions", which is very true. Despite being drilled to perfection, Anna always has a sparkle of freshness in her performances.

Artemisa

Final Flight
After the transfer of the other 2 of the 3A, I think anna was yhe one that got the better deal .. she now have the full attention of eteri

Fried

Final Flight
I hope that the expectations placed on her will not overwhelm her. But so far she has always shown great mental strength.

Scott512

Record Breaker
After the transfer of the other 2 of the 3A, I think anna was yhe one that got the better deal .. she now have the full attention of eteri
Anna will get more attention but they still have Alina and Kamila and others coming up. I guarantee that this girl Anna is not affected in any negative way by all the craziness surrounding the incredibly controversial transfers of two great skaters from TT to Plushenko. Anna is way too intelligent to get caught up in all that drama.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Hello Anna Shcherbakova fans!

Please remember the Goldenskate guidelines for Fan Fests:

The Fan Fest (FF) is a place for fans to celebrate and praise their favorite skaters—not a place to pick apart their technique, skills, etc. As always, be respectful to each other's threads when posting. Keep discussions in the respective threads and do not bring up other skaters with the intent to bash, debate, critique, and/or compare. Keep in mind that even fans of the same skater may hold a diverse array of viewpoints and thoughts.

Do not bash other skaters or coaches in a FF
Do not troll or "police" fans in the FF to create discord (report only posts that are breaching GS Forum Guidelines - do not use this function to call on every post that just says things you do not agree with)
Do not call out or otherwise refer to other posters or fans, directly or indirectly, in a derogatory manner.

Please continue to celebrate and praise one of your favorite skaters, Anna Shcherbakova!:hap10: