Anna Shcherbakova | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I am glad that she skated cleanly, it seems (no one knows scores yet) but I can't help but be concerned abouth her healh. She became REALLY thin and raw-boned, unnaturally even. I wonder how much she weights? She dangerously reminds me anorexia victims now :eekn:

no. she's just like Evgenia in the same age

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I am glad that she skated cleanly, it seems (no one knows scores yet) but I can't help but be concerned abouth her healh. She became REALLY thin and raw-boned, unnaturally even. I wonder how much she weights? She dangerously reminds me anorexia victims now :eekn:
Now? Mm.. My first impression was that she actually looks to have gained some hips. That is, I think she was more thin before.

She's been super thin for quite some time. Judging by her mom, that's probably her body type.

tars

Record Breaker
Absolutely amazing skate after such long break! :yahoo::peace:

I loved the music, costume, choreography and performance.
Some minor jumping errors are completely understandable, I think she delivered very well. :gclap:

tars

Record Breaker
Seriously though? :whack:
Considering this is how her mom looks, she's doing completely fine. Most figure skating girls would love to have body type like that.
Eteri should just go easier with training burden on her, that's all. :thumbsup:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Now? Mm.. My first impression was that she actually looks to have gained some hips. That is, I think she was more thin before.

She's been super thin for quite some time. Judging by her mom, that's probably her body type.

Hm. maybe you right. I didn't follow her that long. Anyway, her body doesn't look healthy even for her age.

Absolutely amazing skate after such long break! :yahoo::peace:

I loved the music, costume, choreography and performance.
Some minor jumping errors are completely understandable, I think she delivered very well. :gclap:

I can't help but notice that her famous speed of rotation has dropped though. I hope it will return eventually.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Seriously though? :whack:
Considering this is how her mom looks, she's doing completely fine. Most figure skating girls would love to have body type like that.
Eteri should just go easier with training burden on her, that's all. :thumbsup:

That's.. impressive :unsure: Ok, I wouldn't be bothered by it for now )

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hm. maybe you right. I didn't follow her that long. Anyway, her body doesn't look healthy even for her age.
Well see, people are different. My sister is a good example who I'm very familiar with here, I guess. She's severely underweight (Like 15-16 BMI), always been very thin and tiny etc. but she actually really isn't very bony, in fact there's quite a bit of flab and such. She just cannot gain weight, it seems. Has absolutely no hips and she's been an adult for a while.

Ectomorph body type...

I can't help but notice that her famous speed of rotation has dropped though. I hope it will return eventually.
On this, it looked like her normal rotation speed for triple jumps. Still over 5 revolutions per second, which is faster than any senior lady's. Of course, her quad rotation speed was 6 revolutions per second but it's tough to judge that without seeing a quad. Even last season, the quad's the only jump she rotated that fast.

It's possible she's slowed down by a bit but it at least wasn't readily apparent by my frame-by-frame analysis.

tars

Record Breaker
Btw., is she trying on some clothes in the beginning?
I wonder, what's the story behind it. :gclap:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Btw., is she trying on some clothes in the beginning?
I wonder, what's the story behind it. :gclap:
I got the feeling like she was picking a dress for a dance. And it appears like she's doing some classical dance gestures. But apart from the start, the rest is just a little unclear to me. Maybe future performances will tell and show us more!

I think in one evening I've re-watched her SP more times than I watched her last SP in total. That's quite something. I also find myself thinking "Awww, is it over already?" when she starts preparing for the flip. I really love backloaded programs that make me feel like that! Luckily, this one is even more backloaded, with every jump tucked away to the last minute so the first two can be left in peace.

In fact, I don't think she even needs spins or jumps with this... I wonder if that kind of a version would be possible to see in a gala or show one day.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
And don't be fooled by these photos or her face after SP' ending. Talented people in artistry pretty often look sad, and she's not an exception. I'm sure she's fine. But this sad look gives her even some special charm.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
And don't be fooled by these photos or her face after SP' ending. Talented people in artistry pretty often look sad, and she's not an exception. I'm sure she's fine. But this sad look gives her even some special charm.

She looks very pretty with a sad look. I think that it suits her really well, also.

But... You know, the other side of the coin is that I essentially never get the feeling that she looks genuinely happy. I just can't tell what exactly she is thinking. It's as if she's able to just pick whatever expression she wants, for instance a bright smile for a photo or whatever the mood of the program calls for. But I can't tell how she's truly feeling at any given time. Her she looked happy after a great skate? Has she been happy? What would make her happy? Does she just have her sights set far beyond the scope of some local competitions? Or is it simply because of this season having been such a disappointment for her after what must have been some great expectations for herself?

One of the reasons I wish for her success... To see her want to hide a smile but be unable to.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Anya Free Skate

So good to see her doing the step sequence with that timing where the peek is with the pling pling on the music. But unfortunately, not clean... Clearly struggling with combos, too. But not bad.

And the fallen flip is the 3-2-2 combo so it was good to see her still being able to move it to the second Lutz.

tars

Record Breaker
She was better than I expected. I even doubted she would go for any 3-3 and she finished with silver.
Good girl! :clapper:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
What really makes me sad though is that she left that beautiful Lutz entry out of her second Lutz. I definitely understand why she did it, as she needed to perform a combo there and probably wanted to play it safe. But it's one of my favorite parts of the program...

I notice though that her Flip in the FS is clearly on the correct edge. Perhaps that's why she fell and underrotated it - On the other hand, I at least like seeing that she can actually adjust in such manner or even try. Especially when the jumps in general are clearly a struggle for her, still.