Rika Kihira | Page 78 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

lzxnl

Final Flight
Wow she landed three of them this time!! Looking forward to seeing an attempt in the free! Exciting times ahead. She can certainly win silver with a 4S, gold with a bit of luck. I don't know if she should skip Nationals to have her ankle heal as it sounds pretty serious.

Do people know how many quads she attempted in total? Not just the successful ones? Or were they all successful?

lzxnl

Final Flight
I don't think the 4S's were UR, not the ones I saw at least, but the landing was suspect on some of them.

Good to hear about the stability of the 3A! Looks better too

MRani

On the Ice
I don't think the 4S's were UR, not the ones I saw at least, but the landing was suspect on some of them.

Good to hear about the stability of the 3A! Looks better too

To me they looked fully around but close enough in real time to warrant a review. These attempts already look better than her NHK attempt though. Her improvement in such a short amount of time really is impressive.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I saw those 4S from different angles and they are clearly fully rotated, the landings make them look suspicious but IMO they are clean, I will be mad if the panel called it ur if she lands one in the free program as the ones in practice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYfu1ShczVg

Her technique on sal is just impeccable, the quad already looks Amazing and it is only going to improve with time! I am so excited!
I am so incredibly glad and thankful to Rika’s team and Rika herself for being patient and focusing on developing such stable and sustainable jump. I am positive she will be able to keep up her incredible progress and show her best in Beijing :)

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I'm so nervous, but I need to believe in ma girl, I just hope she end with two beautiful clean skates that make her proud of herself aside of what the other ladies do on the ice

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Aah, poor luck. I'm sad to see her in 6th place, but at least she has good company? I haven't seen her make a non-3A fall in forever.

She can still podium, but she will need to be tip top perfect tomorrow and her rivals make a few errors. Alas.

Still, she worked hard. Good luck, and onward focus to the next challenge!

Vemvane

On the Ice
Oh nooo, did I jinx her? I wonder if she was nervous, skating after the 3A with their monstrous arsenal of technical goods; I know I would have been. Still, she hung on to the landing of her axel, and she landed the loop cleanly, so well done her for fighting for every point. I really love her spins and step sequence, plus her spread eagle with change of edge is one of my favourite parts of her programme. May tomorrow be a better day for her!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Oh nooo, did I jinx her? I wonder if she was nervous, skating after the 3A with their monstrous arsenal of technical goods; I know I would have been. Still, she hung on to the landing of her axel, and she landed the loop cleanly, so well done her for fighting for every point. I really love her spins and step sequence, plus her spread eagle with change of edge is one of my favourite parts of her programme. May tomorrow be a better day for her!

I don't doubt that it is her tendon injury. Skating for months on an injury is a distaster about to happen. She needs rest. I really hope she can skip 4CC. Would also hope for Nats, but I don't think she will skip that.

Azcha

Rinkside
I want to see her 4S in FP. Wish her and Yuzu, both Japanese, will skate like they wish with their highest potential tomorrow. :pray:

gotoschool

Medalist
I hope Rika can make a big comeback in the free and then gets a chance to rest her tendon injury by getting a chance to pass on Nationals and the 4CC's. I saw some run throughs in which it looked like she seemed like she might not be feeling as healthy as usual. I am impressed she has skated so well with the injury persisting. I hope she gets back to full health quickly.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Really not the day for my favorites today.

I'm very worried about Rika and that tendon. I hope she has the skate she wants tomorrow, get this ordeal over and done with so she can heal that foot completely.

Vemvane

On the Ice
I don't doubt that it is her tendon injury. Skating for months on an injury is a distaster about to happen. She needs rest. I really hope she can skip 4CC. Would also hope for Nats, but I don't think she will skip that.

Oh gosh, I thought she was mostly over that, for some reason, but that would make sense of her uncharacteristically rough skate today. I've had my share of tendon and ligament injuries courtesy of accidents with horses (mine and the horses' both), and you really need to rest and be careful to not overload the tendon while it is healing. I do hope that she takes time off this season, because pushing through an incompletely healed soft tissue injury stands a very good chance of leading to long term damage, and I want to see her skate for years at the highest level.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I'm still shocked at Rika's skate. I never expected the fall on the combo. She almost always hits her non-3A jumps.
But wow at her performance! She improved in interpreting that SP.

THe best decision would be to skip Nationals to fully heal for Worlds. In the long run, it's just not worth it. My sister had a tendon injury before and it really affected her walking for 2 years. Even after that, she can't really walk too far anymore. I really admire Rika for continuing to skate with an injury. But I hope she chooses to heal first after the GPF.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I believe she's going for it in the free in this competition, go Rika!

It's probably do-or-die for her now, having such a distance from the leaders, she has nothing to loose for not trying :)
Perhaps one more day of acclimatisation helps her to get back to strength and confidence?