Rika Kihira | Page 67 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

Congrats to Rika, she is sublime on ice. I love Evgenia as well, both were phenomenal.

I am saying it now, Rika is the 2022 Olympic champion. Sasha has all her quads and she is a fighter. However, there is this charisma about Rika when she is skating that reminds me of Yuzuru when he is on ice. Rika is still a bit naive and sweet but by the olympics she will have the same commanding demeanour of Yuzuru. There are so many beautiful skaters in ladies event for 2022 but mark my words, Rika will be gold :agree:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Congratulations, Rika!

Her programs are sooo goood! I especially love her LP and how the music was beautifully woven together. I'm excited to see how she develops this program as the season progresses.
I understand the color of her SP dress, purple is a famous color in Middle East. Although, I would have changed the design or cut of her dress. Black and gold would also be fitting. Her ice show costume was awesome. I thought she would be using those or just improve on those.

So happy for 3 beautiful 3As! She looks more confident jumping them!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Congrats to Rika! She really was not joking when she said that her cosistency on her 3A has gone up :) wow 3As in one competition. I really like Rika's Free skate and I am sure as the season goes on that it will be even better.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Beautiful skate by Rika, and I do love both her programs this season. :) Looking forward to her next competition and how she rises up against younger skaters with quads and all. Cheering for Rika!!!:hap10:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I watch a figure skating fan youtuber that analyzed autumn classic competition and she said that both Rika's program aro so so bad and she was overscored in components, saying that Rika deserved 30 in sp and 65 in fs, also she said that her triple axel was beautiful but was worth only for 2.20 in GOE, she also said that she looks like a child and doesn´t interpret her music, I was like seriously woman? :laugh2:

readernick

Medalist
I watch a figure skating fan youtuber that analyzed autumn classic competition and she said that both Rika's program aro so so bad and she was overscored in components, saying that Rika deserved 30 in sp and 65 in fs, also she said that her triple axel was beautiful but was worth only for 2.20 in GOE, she also said that she looks like a child and doesn´t interpret her music, I was like seriously woman? :laugh2:

Everyone has their own opinion. Each figure skater is going to get criticism. I think it is better not to worry too much about others opinions. Just enjoy her skating.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Everyone has their own opinion. Each figure skater is going to get criticism. I think it is better not to worry too much about others opinions. Just enjoy her skating.

Yes but I hate when they show it as if were the total true not as an opinion, but anyway you are right, I normally ignore those statements but those really make me laugh, and make me angry at the same time because they show Rika's programs as if they are very ugly

readernick

Medalist
I am really confused by Rika's long program score. She received no UR calls and while the ending loop was bad and she took out the lutzes due to injury. The score should still have been a lot higher especially in comparison to the other skaters. That was weird. Happy that she had been so stable with her 3A so far this season!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I am really confused by Rika's long program score. She received no UR calls and while the ending loop was bad and she took out the lutzes due to injury. The score should still have been a lot higher especially in comparison to the other skaters. That was weird. Happy that she had been so stable with her 3A so far this season!

Same here, I’m kind of confused :/ other than the loop all her other jumps and also spins were great. Seems a bit underscored :( I hope this won’t become a trend this season...

Logirl

On the Ice
I did not see a lutz

Rika skated beautifully and interpreted the music wonderfully with two nice triple Axel's and a triple Lutz triple toe with just a little mistake on the triple loop. It is obvious she was underscored. The tactic of underscoring Japanese skaters like Rika at home is a typical as 2014 world's clearly demonstrated. To my mind, it is done because it provides home cover and a precedent for future deflation. Rika's scores were also relatively deflated last season at Nationals with the trend again beginning at home when a higher tech score in the free skate received a lower PCS score compared to the Grand Prix final with the trend continuing for the rest of last season even when she was relatively clean. This is why I always base my opinion of a performance on what I like to see instead of the numerical value assigned to it.

I did not think she did any lutzs that is why I thought her score was low. Are you sure she did a lutz?

readernick

Medalist
I did not think she did any lutzs that is why I thought her score was low. Are you sure she did a lutz?

She did 3F+3T. I honestly don't feel that male Japanese skaters are underscored but the girls are.. Mao and Akiko were good examples of this. Satoko in PCS ( not TES.. sometimes I think she is overscored in TES)

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I love Rika’s program, but her costume and the pony tail don’t do her any favor. The off white costume she wore at an ice show (I don’t remember which) was much better. Honestly, these details may seem unimportant for some people, but they change EVERYTHING about her performance. Please, Rika, change the costume and get rid of the pony tail, you’re a star, and you have to look accordingly!

Logirl

On the Ice
Yes but she needs that lutz to go ahead of Z. Z is going to beat her in PCS because she is more expressive facially and Z jumps were on point with huge transition before and after on every jump. She has to have bigger tech. She is not going to beat a clean Z with all those hard transition into the jumps Z has without triple Axel's and Lutz. And if Trusov is clean her tech is rightfully so to beat everyone. I think it is a good outing for Rika do to not doing the Lutz and hope for better results when lutz added back.

madison

Record Breaker
Yes but she needs that lutz to go ahead of Z. Z is going to beat her in PCS because she is more expressive facially and Z jumps were on point with huge transition before and after on every jump. She has to have bigger tech. She is not going to beat a clean Z with all those hard transition into the jumps Z has without triple Axel's and Lutz. And if Trusov is clean her tech is rightfully so to beat everyone. I think it is a good outing for Rika do to not doing the Lutz and hope for better results when lutz added back.

Will she add a 4s as well? Her triple axel became very solid this season. I suppose she will add 3 lutz as soon as she is healed?
Actually I think she deserved the highest PCS in Japan Open, but unfortunately she is as usual underscored (i think the only competition she was scored properly was last year GPF). Her glide is so smoothly, and she really dances on the music.
Other than that, I tend to agree that she needs another hairstyle for both of her programs this season, and better package overall.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Congrats to Rika for the solid skate. Even though she couldn't do her maximum tech content, I felt that her scores should have been higher.
I actually love her ponytail, I thinks it really suits her, but the costume is not my favorite.

readernick

Medalist

Zagitova is going to beat her in PCS and TES because she is the Olympic champion. Not because of real superiority. But, that is how figure skating works. Anyway, Rika has to be happy with her consistency on 3As this season. She has landed 5 of 5 and 4 were clean.

readernick

Medalist
Will she add a 4s as well? Her triple axel became very solid this season. I suppose she will add 3 lutz as soon as she is healed?
Actually I think she deserved the highest PCS in Japan Open, but unfortunately she is as usual underscored (i think the only competition she was scored properly was last year GPF). Her glide is so smoothly, and she really dances on the music.
Other than that, I tend to agree that she needs another hairstyle for both of her programs this season, and better package overall.

The 4S is planned as the first jump instead of 3S. Then she will do a 3Feu3S instead of a 322 combo. But, her ankle needs to heal so she can practice the 4S.

madison

Record Breaker
The 4S is planned as the first jump instead of 3S. Then she will do a 3Feu3S instead of a 322 combo. But, her ankle needs to heal so she can practice the 4S.

So HOW her whole layout look like?
I dont like the flowers in her hair, especially in the short, I dont think the romantic look is suited to the music.
The short program is one of my fave ever. :luv17: