Rika Kihira | Page 69 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Well, to be honest she needs that quad (and several triple Axels) if she wants to win in Canada. She needs to land the 3A in the Short to gain a little advantage before the Free.
NHK will be pretty tough as well, with Aliona's sudden glow-up.
I'm still not sure how correctly her PCS will be scored, sadly. Based on JO, I'm a bit worried.
I hope the Lutz will be back soon and that the injury is not too serious.

lzxnl

Final Flight
The quote actually does not definitively say lutz or not. But yes, she really needs both jumps for this GP against Sasha, and she knows that.

Ulrica

On the Ice
She can just play it safe and win the silver here, no need to fret. That way she'll give time to her leg to recover and have a more difficult layout on NHK. Not winning the gold at SC wouldn't be the end of the world.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
She can just play it safe and win the silver here, no need to fret. That way she'll give time to her leg to recover and have a more difficult layout on NHK. Not winning the gold at SC wouldn't be the end of the world.

yeah but it seems people are forgetting something...
Medvedeva.
Remember: they will overscore a clean Medvedeva to the point where she can get silver over Rika.
Given the situation with her injury I doubt Rika will skate clean. I hope I'll be surprised.

lzxnl

Final Flight

The Russian girls are going to be overscored to the end of the world and back. Rika really should be aiming to make the GPF, but with an assignment against two Russians at each GP, she has to win at least a silver at each.

We'll find out in due course what she does. She knows her situation better than any of us.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Rika mentality is different from her junior era, she knows what she will have to do in order to do clean skates without hurting herself, she doesn´t need gold to clasify to gpf, take in mind that gold is still possible for her with only triple axels and clean performances, we should not pretend know how russians will do it in those competitions, everything can happen, to say russians will always be clean even with the difficult elements they have is not good, just see what happened with Anna yesterday in the sp at skate america, the important thing is not push Rika in her current injury, she will do her quad when she feel confortable, I just can´t wait to see it along with the triple axels in the same program, that will be so cool.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Gonna see Rika live in Skate Canada in a few days, and hopefully buy her some flowers :biggrin: Much ado has been said about her injury, and while it would be fun to see her pull out a 4S and ten billion lutzes, her health always comes first. I hope, no matter what happens, she skates at a level she is proud of and comfortable with. I will be supporting her from here to Beijing and then some, so good luck, girl! Have fun and rock out :agree:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
True. Rika's goal is Beijing. I'd rather not see her in the finals than have some major life altering injury for a grand prix medal. It's just not worth it in the long run.
Wishing Rika fast recovery and better health! :)
With all the crazy tech from the ladies, Rika is still my bet (her and Alyona). Always. :)

lzxnl

Final Flight
RIka's main competitors for the silver are Young and Evgenia (not technically, but because Evgenia's judging has been biased to the end of the world and back). If Young lands her own 3As, Rika might want that 3Lz. That said, she should be untouchable if she lands all her jumps. I'm obviously excluding Sasha because Rika realistically needs the 4S for that.

Her SP run through was fairly positive overall. Clean 3A despite skating second, so it's looking good. The 3Lo was a bit wobbly, but I'll attribute that to skating second and not having time to warm up her jumps. Let's see how the evening session goes. Maybe she'll try a lutz.

Ulrica

On the Ice
RIka's main competitors for the silver are Young and Evgenia (not technically, but because Evgenia's judging has been biased to the end of the world and back). If Young lands her own 3As, Rika might want that 3Lz. That said, she should be untouchable if she lands all her jumps. I'm obviously excluding Sasha because Rika realistically needs the 4S for that.

Her SP run through was fairly positive overall. Clean 3A despite skating second, so it's looking good. The 3Lo was a bit wobbly, but I'll attribute that to skating second and not having time to warm up her jumps. Let's see how the evening session goes. Maybe she'll try a lutz.

Can we not talk negatively about other skaters, please? This is Rika's fanfest, we should be encouraging towards her instead of trying to put her up by putting others down.

To stay on topic, yes she had a good run through. Her 3A is looking really solid this season, she doesn't need as much set up for it anymore, and her running edge out of it is really smooth.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Evgenia Medvedeva and You Young shouldn´t surpass Rika on score if she has clean skates if that happens then I'm done with figure skating

readernick

Medalist
Evgenia Medvedeva and You Young shouldn´t surpass Rika on score if she has clean skates if that happens then I'm done with figure skating

As the other poster mentioned, we don't need to speak negatively of other skaters. They are also doing their best to succeed each competition.

Rika very focused on going clean with high GOE and being proud of her performance. I think it is best to focus on that, too. She's likely to score well if she keeps the speed she had in practice along with better execution of her spins and her 3lo.

iamSkylar

Rinkside
Rika is great on her own. There is no need to bring down other skaters in order to elevate Rika.

Wishing Rika a clean skate she can be proud of this weekend. The pressure on her must be tremendous.

lzxnl

Final Flight
Just a thought: is Rika putting in a 3Lo in her short, despite her 3S being much more consistent, to force her to improve the 3Lo for 3Lo combos in the future? When she has two or even three quads later on, a Lo combo will help avoiding the need to do 2Ts.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Just a thought: is Rika putting in a 3Lo in her short, despite her 3S being much more consistent, to force her to improve the 3Lo for 3Lo combos in the future? When she has two or even three quads later on, a Lo combo will help avoiding the need to do 2Ts.

I think it’s just because the BV for a 3Lo is higher. Barely anyone does a 3S for the SP solo jump (not many SP combinations either). Also, I’ve heard that the technique for a backend 3Lo in combination is different from the one for a solo 3Lo.