Rika Kihira | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I'm really impatient to know what music will have her SP, I hope it will be better than Kung fu Piano because I will miss that program so much

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I love her new dress!, at least she rotated all of her jumps exept the triple axel, but she was so brave to try it in a exhibition event. She is improving

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I don’t know if I like the dress...
I do like her commitment and hard work, she’s like, using the shows as practice, you can really see that it’s not just fun and games.
I’m curious about her SP!!!!! The LP is so good! And I’m already getting used to the “why hands”, can you believe it?! [emoji23] I love her skating too much!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
the pattern on the new dress like lightning in a storm.

like the music, the program reminds me a bit of her kungfu piano SP -- the upper body and arm movement.
the body language (mostly arms) they used to interpret piano strong note is a bit repetitive as well.

sakurano

Final Flight
Damage to the fall but I think there is already a better interpretation since I saw it for the first time.

I like her dress, she better fits the dark theme of the song.

breadstal

Record Breaker
I don´t know if it is a good choice, i like the piece but I don´t know if judges will, I hope it is the most beautiful clair de lune on ice!!

I also like it, it's popular choice in figure skating, many skaters used it so I think judges won't have problem with that. I hope choreography will be as fresh and interesting as her free program!

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Rika starts her senior debut season from Nepala Trophy :)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
So, since I can't wait to see Rika's senior debut, I was watching her performances from last season.
I was nitpicking her jumps and noticed her toe technique is not the best when performing a 3A combo(is it too much too ask?).
In the Nats her opening 3A+3T was amazing, great height on the 3A and no doubt about UR at all, it was fully rotated, beautiful jump. On the other hand, when performing the 3T she rotates on the toe pick and barely gets it round. But it was clearly not her best, she had a shaky landing.
Then, looking at her 3A in the JGPF, she had a less powerful 3A but her toe technique was better and she got the 3T well rotated.
Her solo 3A in the SP at Nats was perfection too! I hadn't noticed before how much height she gets! I've seen people saying her jumps are small but I think I disagree. They're not enourmous but they're perfectly big enough.
Looking at her other jump combinations, her toe technique really needs some work... :hopelessness: Even in her less difficult combinations like the 3Lz3T, but in the solo jumps it is fine!
I hope they work on that but they probably won't because, I ask again, it is too much to ask isn't it?? :laugh:

Anyway, we shall see how she'll do this season. I cannot wait!! I hate off-season!! And the closer it gets the more I can't wait! I'm rooting for her all the way! Can you imagine if she makes the GPF??? That'd be crazy!
:dance3:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Rika Kihira has been selected for NHK host spot.
I’m so happy!!!! I hope she has a clean Free Skate there, it would be beautiful! ❤️

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Ok, so, since I don't have much to do and I'm super excited to see how Rika will do this season, here's what I think her layouts will be(based on what she's done in shows) + some thoughts:

Free Skate:
3A, 2A3T, 3Lo, CCoSp4, StSq4, 3Lz3T, x3F, LSp4, x3Lz2T2Lo, FSSp4, ChSq, x3S -BV: 66.96

*From what I've seen from the shows, if she misses the 2T2Lo combo in the 3Lz she'll try adding it in the end with the 3S.
I think it is better to do a 3A and a 2A+3T instead of two 3As. The difference is only half a point. If she falls or pops the second 3A(like she did in the JGPF) she will lose way too many points...
But, the way the program is choreographed(with very simple transitions before the first two jumping passes) I think there's a chance she's going for two 3As. Or, since she's been training a 4S(or was it a 4T?) this could also mean she would open with the quad and then the second jump would be the 3A.
Speaking of transitions, the most interesting is before the 3Lo. I think it should get very good GOE.

Short Program:

3A, 3F3T, FSSp4, x3Lz, CCoSp4, StSq4, LSp4 - BV: 37.09

*Here, the one jumping pass that I think will get very good GOE is the rippon 3Lz.

Her spins are looking good. Her Layback is great! She picks up speed in the haircutter and has a beautiful bielmann position, and it is super centered(just like last season).

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Ok, so, since I don't have much to do and I'm super excited to see how Rika will do this season, here's what I think her layouts will be(based on what she's done in shows) + some thoughts:

Free Skate:
3A, 2A3T, 3Lo, CCoSp4, StSq4, 3Lz3T, x3F, LSp4, x3Lz2T2Lo, FSSp4, ChSq, x3S -BV: 66.96

*From what I've seen from the shows, if she misses the 2T2Lo combo in the 3Lz she'll try adding it in the end with the 3S.
I think it is better to do a 3A and a 2A+3T instead of two 3As. The difference is only half a point. If she falls or pops the second 3A(like she did in the JGPF) she will lose way too many points...
But, the way the program is choreographed(with very simple transitions before the first two jumping passes) I think there's a chance she's going for two 3As. Or, since she's been training a 4S(or was it a 4T?) this could also mean she would open with the quad and then the second jump would be the 3A.
Speaking of transitions, the most interesting is before the 3Lo. I think it should get very good GOE.

Short Program:

3A, 3F3T, FSSp4, x3Lz, CCoSp4, StSq4, LSp4 - BV: 37.09

*Here, the one jumping pass that I think will get very good GOE is the rippon 3Lz.

Her spins are looking good. Her Layback is great! She picks up speed in the haircutter and has a beautiful bielmann position, and it is super centered(just like last season).

I think she’ll do 3Lz3T and 3F in the bonus. As far as I know, Rika has problems on her flip.

My opinion on Layout

SP: 3A, 3Lz3T, 3Fx
FS: 3A3T, 3A, 3F, 3Lo, 3Lz2T, 3Lz2T2Lo, 3S

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Omg!

https://youtu.be/6OhmJx0m6FA

Looooove the changes to the program! It looks like the choreography will improve and it will be different from the shows. I’m so happy!!!!! This program was already great and it seems it is getting better and better!

Good bye “why god why” hands!!!!!

Love the new transition to the 3S!

Amef

Final Flight
Omg!

https://youtu.be/6OhmJx0m6FA

Looooove the changes to the program! It looks like the choreography will improve and it will be different from the shows. I’m so happy!!!!! This program was already great and it seems it is getting better and better!

Good bye “why god why” hands!!!!!

Love the new transition to the 3S!
Thanks for the link! Will watch once I finish work lol [emoji13]