Rika Kihira | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

Ender

Match Penalty
if we say her layout is
3A3T, 3A, 3F / 3Lz2T2Lo, 3Lo, 3Lz2T, 3S her BV is about 4 points higher than Alina
Zagitova’s BV at TDF was 66. I saw that Kihira’s BV at Japan Junior was 62 with mistake, how could she make up 8 points difference with just the 3lo and 3lz3T2lo?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Zagitova’s BV at TDF was 66. I saw that Kihira’s BV at Japan Junior was 62 with mistake, how could she make up 8 points difference with just the 3lo and 3lz3T2lo?

i just calculated the jumps, Rika missed her spin level and seniors has chsq, her mistakes on her jumps and spin cost her about 6 points and chsq BV is 2, if you add that to her BV its around 70

Ender

Match Penalty
i just calculated the jumps, Rika missed her spin level and seniors has chsq, her mistakes on her jumps and spin cost her about 6 points and chsq BV is 2, if you add that to her BV its around 70
Oh great... 70 in the BV... she will rock the senior world if she somehow becomes consistent.

Maybe she should do 3A in SP too.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Oh great... 70 in the BV... she will rock the senior world if she somehow becomes consistent.

Maybe she should do 3A in SP too.

i am sure she will since SP less demanding :agree:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Is Rika the first woman to do a 3a+3t? :jaw:

In a competition (sanctioned and non-sanctioned), yes. In practice, no. Midori Ito landed a clean one during an official practice.

Here's hoping she lands a clean one during JGPF or JW's :dance3:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
In a competition (sanctioned and non-sanctioned), yes. In practice, no. Midori Ito landed a clean one during an official practice.

Here's hoping she lands a clean one during JGPF AND JW's :dance3:

corrected it for you :biggrin:

enzet

On the Ice
Rika is absolutely amazing!
I just hope she stays healthy and free of any other possible problems because her potential is enormous.
Beautiful, solid jumps, 2 perfectly clean 3As (talk about making it look easy!), correct edges on her flips and lutzes as far as I remember, nice skating skills and I have no complaints about her posture, musicality and interpretation either.

If she continues to skate like she did at the Junior Nationals FS, she might officially become my new favorite skater. :cheer2:

Leonardo

Final Flight
Rika is absolutely amazing!
I just hope she stays healthy and free of any other possible problems because her potential is enormous.
Beautiful, solid jumps, 2 perfectly clean 3As (talk about making it look easy!), correct edges on her flips and lutzes as far as I remember, nice skating skills and I have no complaints about her posture, musicality and interpretation either.

If she continues to skate like she did at the Junior Nationals FS, she might officially become my new favorite skater. :cheer2:

Agreed! She's such a complete package, it's unbelievable.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Can I take a moment to say how much Rika is amazing? Such a lovely skater, and so young! I love everything about her programs. Her SP this season is simply incredible. It's original and light. She has some beautiful transitions into the 2A which always leave me smiling. She's such a happy skater! Even in Egna when she screwed up her LP big time, I thought she would be sad at the end of her program, or angry. But nope! She was just so cute. And her coach, she looks so chilled all the time, with all her skaters. She just exudes peace. And so does Kihira (and Satoko and Marin...). So, of course, props to their marvelous coach! And props to Kihira for pulling such amazing jumps with great technique(her jumps are just perfetion!) and she's already an artist. I hope she keeps working with the same people, it seems do be doing her good.
Just a little more consistency and she'll be one for the gold!
I don't even worry about her 3A, we all know she can do it. And she not only does it, but she does it with such an ease, I think her 3As are the best! I'm confident that with time, she will become more consistent.

Sorry for my long declaration of love. I just adore Kihira too much! :laugh:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Still excited about Kihira's 3A+3T! Here's a GIF of perfection.

I hadn't actually realized no lady had ever done a 3A3T in international competition before. I thought Mao Asada might have but apparently not, so congrats Rika on being the first lady to land this combo internationally! And what a beauty it was. +2 GOE!!

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I hadn't actually realized no lady had ever done a 3A3T in international competition before. I thought Mao Asada might have but apparently not, so congrats Rika on being the first lady to land this combo internationally! And what a beauty it was. +2 GOE!!

Right???
I don't think people are aware of the level of epicness. :laugh:
And I think many fans of figure skating don't watch Juniors. I mean, I only watched the ladies event, so I'm not criticizing. But I think not many people are aware that a Junior was the first lady to ever land a 3A+3T in international competition. I thought someone would even create a News thread to announce this historical moment in GS.
Plus, just few days prior, she landed a 3A+3T+2T combo with +2.50 GOE and another 3A with +2.00 GOE in the same program at Japanese Junior Nationals. Everything done flawlessly. She not only has a 3A but she makes it look easy peasy. :laugh: She's a diamond!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Amazing performances at Nationals, well done Rika, and congratulations on earning the bronze medal! Those triple axels were fantastic!

Her first time on the podium at Nationals, but surely not her last?!

Now on to Junior World's...!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
she is simply incredible!!!!!! her TES is huge with room to grow :eeking: its a shame she popped her 3Lz in the short, or else she would be the silver medalist! cant wait for JW now! hope she will stay injury free and show us 2 clean programs :yahoo:

Liasky

Rinkside
Rika is a great skater, in a few years her PCS will improve. And she will have a world record one day, I believe in her.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Since I don't follow juniors I had heard of her, but not really followed her, but I have to say I'm blown away. I think I saw a revelation, the future of Ladies figure skating and the name is Rika Kihira. Honestly, wow. What a talent! If this girl had skated her LP at Russian Nationals, the score would've been through the roof. Yes, there was a little mistake in there, but who else even attempts such difficulties? And it's not like she barely lands her 3A's, they are extremely well executed and one is in combination with a Triple Jump!!! *_* I can hardly believe what I'm seeing and I can't wait to see her grow and perhaps become a World Champion one day, in the not so far future! Good Luck!