Rika Kihira | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

Leonardo

Final Flight
I think I saw a revelation, the future of Ladies figure skating and the name is Rika Kihira. Honestly, wow. What a talent! If this girl had skated her LP at Russian Nationals, the score would've been through the roof.

Her TES was higher than any lady at Russian Nationals (and the difference in scoring is huge between the two competitions) with a big mistake in the 3lo and lost levels. Amazing. In Russia she would have scored something close to 150.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
My suggested layout for her at Junior Worlds

3A
3A+3T

-------------------second half bonus
3Lz+3Lo
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3F
3S

Oh no! she's done 8 triples but still have a jumping pass left! will she do a 2A at the end? that's kinda anticlimactic :eek:hwell:

My suggested layout for her at Junior Worlds

3A
3A+3T

3Lz+3Lo
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3F
3S

Oh no! she's done 8 triples but still have a jumping pass left! will she do a 2A at the end? that's kinda anticlimactic :eek:hwell:

How about:
3A
3A+2T

3Lz+3Lo
3Lz+2T+2Lo
2A+3T
3F
3S
2A

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
How about:
3A
3A+2T

3Lz+3Lo
3Lz+2T+2Lo
2A+3T
3F
3S
2A

You need to remove that last 2A because that's one jumping pass too many :)

But 3A+3T is her money combo! she's the only female skater in the world who can do it right now (and who has ever done it in competition). It's gotta be 3A+3T. :cool14:

You need to remove that last 2A because that's one jumping pass too many :)

But 3A+3T is her money combo! she's the only female skater in the world who can do it right now (and who has ever done it in competition). It's gotta be 3A+3T. :cool14:

Oh, yeah.

But the points are just added up, so the 3T will now get the bonus. :p

She can probably train to do the 3A+3T in the second half, too, haha.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
3A
3A+2T

3Lz+3Lo
2A+3T+2Lo
3Lz
3F
3S

This is probably optimal. +3T on the second half shouldn't be bad after the 2A.

The reason for no 3A+3T is because that loses backload bonus points unnecessarily.

This one's great.

EDIT: Just realised I never posted here to say how exciting a talent she is! Hope to see her compete in 2022!

Kara

Final Flight
I'm just not a fan of the 3Lz+2T which is what she did at nationals so hoping for a 3A+2T as I'm not so sure she can put in the 3Lo combo just yet.:p So excited for her at junior worlds!

sakurano

Final Flight
WOW is a prodigy, please god of skating preserve this child from puberty next year it will sparks among seniors.

Thanks for the news

enzofv

On the Ice
But is it not better to do the 3A+3T before the solo 3A, as a safety measure? I mean, since both passes are in the first half

breadstal

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if she will do -3Lo combo, it was my first time seeing her doing them :scratch2: She should start with 3A-2T, then 3A and have 3Lz-3T or 3F-3T in second half. I would love her to try it though (obviously) but I mainly want her to have two clean programs!

Kiarararara

Rinkside
If she could jump -3Lo combo then my suggested version is

3A-3T
3A

3Lz-3Lo
2A-2T-2Lo
3Lz
3F
3S

The solo 2A is indeed kinda anticlimatic so i’d rather she tacks it on a combo. And 3A-3T is her money maker so she should not give it up either. She can also fo 3Lz-2T-2Lo and 2A-3Lo instead but I have never seen her done the latter so *shrug*

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
She and Wakaba are my fav Japanese skaters, and even current skaters! :luv17: Let's pray that she is untouched by puberty, but hey, with that stellar technique even puberty is not dangerous.

BethOnIce

Rinkside
If she could jump -3Lo combo then my suggested version is

3A-3T
3A

3Lz-3Lo
2A-2T-2Lo
3Lz
3F
3S

The solo 2A is indeed kinda anticlimatic so i’d rather she tacks it on a combo. And 3A-3T is her money maker so she should not give it up either. She can also fo 3Lz-2T-2Lo and 2A-3Lo instead but I have never seen her done the latter so *shrug*

3F-3lo in SP would be good too.

I can’t see her changing the 3A-3T followed by 3A as her first jumping passes either. She had great GOEs for landing her 3A-3T so cleanly, and in case something goes wrong in the 1st pass, it allows for her to try to attempt to make it up in the 2nd.

One other option to make up for points missed if she doesn’t have a 3?-3Lo combo would be to start putting her 4S, which she has landed beautifully in practice, into competition. Another Japanese skater will be trying that this upcoming season, which could motivate her to try as well. On the downside, that puts a lot of weight and gamble on 3 jump passes, so it’s risk vs. reward. Seeing her do a 3A, 3Lz-3T, 4S in the short program would be glorious though. Then again, a fall on 4S would only be a .2 difference from what she normally gets on a 3F with +GOEs (+2) so long as it is fully rotated.

For me personally, I would like to see her working more on some non jump elements like the speed of her spins, her extension during spiral type transitions, a little more speed her in step sequences, deeper edges, etc. Luckily her program LP doesn’t suffer so much in comparison with the opening 3A’s as Mao Asada’s did with the trend of backloading jumps. With so many skaters starting to backload the jumps, the longer preparation periods for the 3As don’t stand out as a “nothing happening” period.