Rika Kihira | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

BethOnIce

Rinkside
One other aside I forgot to mention (can’t edit my post),,, I much prefer her sticking with the 3A-3T than doing the 3A-3T-2T/Lo. She loses way too much of the flow out of the jump pass when she racks on the additional double.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Ugh, the fall was a shame, all jumps were weirdly tilted :scratch2: Backloading was not good idea, it was done way too late, sigh. It was still such a lovely skate though. Let's see what's going to happen in free.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
to be fair, she was already doing 3-3 and 3Lz in the 2nd half (and she made mistakes on them earlier in the season), she only changed placement of 2A, she recovered well after the fall so i dont think backoading "all" jumps was issue, she is the only one to get all the levels so thats a silver lining :biggrin: i hope tomorrow will be better and she will hit all the jumps and levels and medal! :pray:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Her jumps just were off today. They looked tilted and the air time was not as good as usual. Hopefully her jumps are in a better state tomorrow, otherwise those 3As could be problematic, also.

Azikin

Medalist
Her short program was very charming, at least at the beginning.. I thought we might have a real contender here for the first two places, too bad about the jumps...

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I'm so nervous for Rika... She usually does not land all of her jumps. I'm sorry to say that Rika seems to be one of those skaters who you expect to have at least one mistake in the program or at least in the competition. Had she skated a clean SP I'd be expecting a mistake in the Free. Since she already made a (huge) mistake I have hopes that she will show us her strength in the Free. The problem is, the level of difficulty of that layout... It will be glorious if she lands everything but the probability is not high imho. If she lands all the jumps and get the levels she's definitely in talk for a medal.
I'm praying.

BethOnIce

Rinkside
I'm so nervous for Rika... She usually does not land all of her jumps. I'm sorry to say that Rika seems to be one of those skaters who you expect to have at least one mistake in the program or at least in the competition. Had she skated a clean SP I'd be expecting a mistake in the Free. Since she already made a (huge) mistake I have hopes that she will show us her strength in the Free. The problem is, the level of difficulty of that layout... It will be glorious if she lands everything but the probability is not high imho. If she lands all the jumps and get the levels she's definitely in talk for a medal.
I'm praying.

I’m hoping her lack of consistency is due to the emphasis she’s placed on the 3A this season and puberty. I’d wait a season or two before deciding if she is going to be prone to at least one mistake per competition.

sakurano

Final Flight
Despite the fall and the axels missed she was great I hope she will stay in junior to still evolve more

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I wonder why Dudakov presented her pink bear? 0_0
I saw from the video that he pointed/gestured to the side of the rink. So I'd assume that the bear was thrown from the audience and the bear didn't make it inside the rink. So he picked it up and passed it on to Rika instead.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Its a shame. She's landing her 3A in 6min warmup just fine. Maybe its her nerves. If she can get it together she will be one of the biggest threat with 3A in both SP/FS. I thought her 3A consistency is getting better with her landing 6 3A in 3 competition (JGPF, junior and senior nats) with only 1 pop in JGPF. I think she think about domestic and international differently because she land everything all the time in domestic competition but in international competition she always make mistake

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Its a shame. She's landing her 3A in 6min warmup just fine. Maybe its her nerves. If she can get it together she will be one of the biggest threat with 3A in both SP/FS. I thought her 3A consistency is getting better with her landing 6 3A in 3 competition (JGPF, junior and senior nats) with only 1 pop in JGPF. I think she think about domestic and international differently because she land everything all the time in domestic competition but in international competition she always make mistake

Definitely nerves. And I also noticed quite a nice improvement in her edges and SS in general, as well as the expression. I guess she needs more TR, esp. for the senior circuit. I hope she can get a mental therapist who can help her with this.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Rika’s working on some transitions to the 3A.

https://instagram.com/p/BhDF07fAVr-/

It looks good! Much better than that ~long preparation. :)
I wish she could do something like those beautiful transitions she had in the Kung Fu Piano going into the 2A but with the 3A, that would be amazing! But I guess it’s too difficult.
Anyway, this is certainly a step up. Can’t wait for next season! I’m dying to know what she’ll skate to and to see how much better she’ll do.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I want to know if she will still compete in junior or move to senior level, I love her 3A and I really want to see it at the senior grand prix, let's go Rika Kihira!!

sakurano

Final Flight
This 3A is really beautiful I hope it will be consistent for next season, it lacks more than better choreography and is in place to be one of the best.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Rika’s working on some transitions to the 3A.

https://instagram.com/p/BhDF07fAVr-/

It looks good! Much better than that ~long preparation. :)
I wish she could do something like those beautiful transitions she had in the Kung Fu Piano going into the 2A but with the 3A, that would be amazing! But I guess it’s too difficult.
Anyway, this is certainly a step up. Can’t wait for next season! I’m dying to know what she’ll skate to and to see how much better she’ll do.

I love that both she and Young You are upping their 3A game! :love: