Rika Kihira | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

sakurano

Final Flight
She's preparing for next season to be on top;) Tom Dickson is an excellent choreographer for her, I really liked her old programs so I'm sure I'll like those next year.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
She's preparing for next season to be on top;) Tom Dickson is an excellent choreographer for her, I really liked her old programs so I'm sure I'll like those next year.

Exactly!
And looking to her previous season I think she improved so much! This season she had more of a spark to her skating, not sure that’s the right way to put it. I can’t explain.
But anyway, I’m looking forward for next season! Can’t wait to know what she’s skating too and how her jump layouts will be. I’ve seen videos of her practicing 3Lz3Lo, I wonder if she will incorporate that.
I’m also wondering if she will turn Senior or not, probably will.

sakurano

Final Flight
Exactly!
And looking to her previous season I think she improved so much! This season she had more of a spark to her skating, not sure that’s the right way to put it. I can’t explain.
But anyway, I’m looking forward for next season! Can’t wait to know what she’s skating too and how her jump layouts will be. I’ve seen videos of her practicing 3Lz3Lo, I wonder if she will incorporate that.
I’m also wondering if she will turn Senior or not, probably will.

It is true that the presentation has improved greatly, what has missed this year is a lack of confidence but it work. At first I thought it would be nice if she stayed a year in junior to solve this problem but since it aims to 2022 so yes I think she intends to spend Senior, maybe we would have the final answer to at which point the JFS allocated the GP assignments and the list of skaters who will officially support in June.

Tulipstar

Medalist
It is true that the presentation has improved greatly, what has missed this year is a lack of confidence but it work. At first I thought it would be nice if she stayed a year in junior to solve this problem but since it aims to 2022 so yes I think she intends to spend Senior, maybe we would have the final answer to at which point the JFS allocated the GP assignments and the list of skaters who will officially support in June.

I hope it will all come together next year, and she will be more consistent.

Adding Rika to the mix of seniors skaters makes me very happy that Japan has 3 spots again.

sakurano

Final Flight
I hope it will all come together next year, and she will be more consistent.

Adding Rika to the mix of seniors skaters makes me very happy that Japan has 3 spots again.

Yes I think that for the next year will be good and at the level of the choreography we do not have to worry because she works with Tom Dickson who makes beautiful choreographies.

For her 3A she worked a lot on it during the summer so let's cross the doight that it goes well, moreover during the practice of FAOI 2018 she landed it perfectly according to the reports as well as during her first performance.

It will be as sad as this year for the selection of GP, 4CC, and Worlds because Japan has many promising ladies.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I hope she tries out some new styles next year in her music choices/choreo. Rooting for Rika! :)

Yes I think that for the next year will be good and at the level of the choreography we do not have to worry because she works with Tom Dickson who makes beautiful choreographies.

For her 3A she worked a lot on it during the summer so let's cross the doight that it goes well, moreover during the practice of FAOI 2018 she landed it perfectly according to the reports as well as during her first performance.

It will be as sad as this year for the selection of GP, 4CC, and Worlds because Japan has many promising ladies.

I wish the U.S. could take some of them :laugh:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I’m actually worried about her... She’s been falling a lot in the shows, imagine how she’ll do in competition. I hope she’s physically well and it is just the nerves(as always).
Of course she did extremely well in Nats and she was pretty good in the JGPF as well(just not clean enough). But she completely blown JW. That together with the mistakes she did throughout the season(like falling during a step sequence) makes me worry. I hope she’s seeing a sports psychologist. She can be one of the greatest Ladies figure skaters and I think she knows that and the pressure gets to her. Specially now, being a National medalist, she’s expected to keep on that level, she’s expected to land 3As consistently. I’m not sure adding a quad is a great idea... But I’m excited for that of course!
I hope she can find a way to control her nerves this upcoming season. I love her skating and how she seems to be such a happy skater! Even when things go wrong she keeps on smiling. She’s so precious! ❤️

sakurano

Final Flight
I just caught up with Rika's performance at Faoi 2018, despite the falls I enjoyed her interpretation of La vie en Rose and it was cute to see her give her bouquet of flowers to a man of the public, I hope it's going to go for his jumps, fortunately it was only during an EX.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I wanted video!!! :sad21:
Apparently there are no videos of H&F, I think they're tough on "no video" policy. :cry:

sakurano

Final Flight

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Apparently, Rika had a freaky fall during her skate in H&F and everyone was worried about her health. Fortunately she posted on Instagram she is well! ❤️
I’m so nervous for her senior debut, she needs consistency! And she’s not showing it even at shows.
I hope she pulls it together when the season starts.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Rika usually falls at exibitions, I notice since the last year, maybe because in those events the skater receives all the light and everywhere is dark so maybe that is unconfortable for her, anyway in competitions she is more mentally prepared but she still needs more consistensy and control of her nerves, I really really hope she doesn´t hurt herself, she needs to believe in her because she has all the potential and is the future of japanese ladies, such a beautiful and sweetie skater :'), I believe in her

lady_bee

Medalist
Apparently, Rika had a freaky fall during her skate in H&F and everyone was worried about her health. Fortunately she posted on Instagram she is well! ❤️

I was there and witnessed that horrible fall. She fell and hit her head on ice, then rolled backward the way made me worried about her neck.
One of my friend whose seat was just in front of that (though it was he fourth row) said she and her husband could hear the sound of her head hitting the ice.
As I saw her in the finale, maybe she is all right, but I am still worried about her.
Maybe I am overreacting, but if it was my son, I took him to the doctor to examine his head and neck.
I really hope it was nothing serious.:pray:
Her performance, despite failed jumps and that fall, was very beautiful and I want see more from her.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I was there and witnessed that horrible fall. She fell and hit her head on ice, then rolled backward the way made me worried about her neck.
One of my friend whose seat was just in front of that (though it was he fourth row) said she and her husband could hear the sound of her head hitting the ice.
As I saw her in the finale, maybe she is all right, but I am still worried about her.
Maybe I am overreacting, but if it was my son, I took him to the doctor to examine his head and neck.
I really hope it was nothing serious.:pray:
Her performance, despite failed jumps and that fall, was very beautiful and I want see more from her.

omg you were there???? :luv17:
She skated her new program? Did you see it? What do you think of it??

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
She's going to seniors!!!! YES! Probably one of the skaters I look to forward the most. Strike the iron while it's hot.

lady_bee

Medalist
omg you were there???? :luv17:
She skated her new program? Did you see it? What do you think of it??

Sorry for late response.
My memory has almost gone because of that shocking fall.
I remember I liked the music and choreo, but it was not her day, as she had a fall in the opening, failed few jumps in her program, and had that fall in the choreo-sequence.
Maybe I will e able to say something more, if she perform that new program at the Fantasy on Ice in Niigata, on 24th, which I am going.