Rika Kihira | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

sakurano

Final Flight
Yes I had read also for the impressive fall, I hope it will not become usual, she is a strong fighter, I'm glad she goes to seniors this year, it would be a way to stabilize her the 3A since he is authorized in SP, she also has interesting musical choices, I wish him success and i can not wait to see his first steps as a senior. :)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Nice interview! I wish I could read Japanese though... :(

https://sports.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201806060004-spnavi?p=1

But I think Google Translator worked somewhat.
I found it interesting the part about the boots and the adjusting of the blades. Apparently, Rika was having trouble with the 3A because of that but she only found out later.
At JW she forgot about the whole boot specifics and that affected her jumping, that's why she performed so poorly.
She also said her success rate with the 4T has improved and she thinks it will be good to go some time in the upcoming season. Rika says the layout isn't decided yet because of the rule changing(I guess they interviewed her a little while ago).
She's also changing technique on the Salchow, she says "Hanyu like style" isn't the best for her, she's changing so it is easier for her to land 4S.
Her goal is to win Beijing Olympics. Until then, she knows she has to win medals and be a strong contender going into the Olympics. She says she wants to insert new jumps into her layout. She also mentions working on other aspects of skating as well as performing, emoting, expression... :)

:luv17:

So if everything works as planned, Rika will be at 2022 Winter Games with a 4T, 4S and the 3A! I'm rooting for her already! :love:
I'm relivieved to know she had boot problem at JW and it wasn't just the nerves or something. She seems to know exactly what she needs to do in order to be the best.
Can't wait to see how she'll do in the Senior circuit!
:cheer:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
boot problems? omg I feel so bad for her :(, she would have had a better performance at world junior championships, anyway, I wish her best of luck for her senior career with those quads jumps planned, always looking forward :)

Amef

Final Flight
I think Rika will have the highest BV next season as a result of quads and 3A in ladies.

sakurano

Final Flight
I hope it's going to go for her, I know she can, do it .

with the addition of 4T and can be 4S what would be her BV with the new rules? if she manages to hold, already last year her BV was close to 80 like Alina's.

Too bad she had problems with her boots I hope it will be resolved.

Dmitryfromsiberia

On the Ice
I think that in order for Rika to win in future seasons, she will have to go through an army of our Russian skaters, who are unlikely to agree to give her place on the podium.:круто:

NaVi

Medalist
I think that in order for Rika to win in future seasons, she will have to go through an army of our Russian skaters, who are unlikely to agree to give her place on the podium.:круто:

Why troll in her own fan thread? If she lands her jumps she can/will win. And the new rules are good for her.,. and the senior rules are better for her now that she can do 3A in the SP.

Amef

Final Flight
I think skaters like Alenka and Trusova who lands quads and 3As can, but Zagitova and Zhenya can't jump 3A and quads. Naturally Kihira's Base Value is higher.

Mawwerg

Final Flight

She already has the elements to make her way through the army of Russian and Japanese skaters. If you remember her performance at Japanese nationals kicked Higuchi out from Olympics. With time all her skills will improve. I believe we will see some outstanding performances from Rika in next two seasons.

Amef

Final Flight
I agree. Kihira also has good skating skills, some elegance and star power. I see the Japanese fed is pushing her even more than Marin Honda. Also Kihira's jumps have good distance and her skating speed is good. I don't see why she won't be on the podium.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
The big question mark for me is PCS. How will they score Rika?? Will she get major boost in her senior debut? Will she be underscored?
It will(it should) partly depend on what her programs will look like. From the music choice I’m already expecting something different, more mature, that highlights her evolution as a skater.

The jumps are a no brainer, if she lands them her BV will be unbeatable and the new rules might be good for her. It will all depend on her consistency, which I’m hoping it will improve, it has to!

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Let’s talk about that beautiful new program!
I’m anxiously waiting for a blessed soul to upload it on YouTube.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
O yes, she is improving the expression I think I will love this new program with the different type of music! :D

Yes! From what I saw on twitter she still did some smiling when I don’t think it was needed. I don’t think this music is “smiley” at all so I hope she doesn’t smile during the program in competition. But I’m already loving the choreography! Very unique, it reminded me a bit of Kung Fu Piano but I don’t really mind it cause that’s one my favorite programs and Rika’s best program imo.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Yes! From what I saw on twitter she still did some smiling when I don’t think it was needed. I don’t think this music is “smiley” at all so I hope she doesn’t smile during the program in competition. But I’m already loving the choreography! Very unique, it reminded me a bit of Kung Fu Piano but I don’t really mind it cause that’s one my favorite programs and Rika’s best program imo.

I loved her kung fu piano program as well, I will miss that skating :(, the best for me in junior field last year

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Rika's new program shows so much potential. But these transitions into the jumps are hard! It will be a big challenge for her to keep them, but if any one is up to the challenge it's her. :thumbsup: