Rika Kihira | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
oh my gosh!! RIKA SHOULD SKATE TO THIS KIND OF MUSIC MORE. like seriously, she is so cute the whole time and she seems to be enjoying the program so much!
Also this dress fits her so well!
I super approve of this packaging for Rika :))))

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why can't Rika compete for gold at World's? She has essentially the same elements as Alena Kostornaia, the current favorite. I think Rika's excellent technique and skating skills are underappreciated by the judges. With clean skating and fair judging, I think Rika could be the next World Champion.

gotoschool

Medalist
Why can't Rika compete for gold at World's? She has essentially the same elements as Alena Kostornaia, the current favorite. I think Rika's excellent technique and skating skills are underappreciated by the judges. With clean skating and fair judging, I think Rika could be the next World Champion.

Rika can and I hope she does and I hope that she will be scored fairly. But there is a high likelihood that she will have to make up a big scoring handicap or preference for certain other skaters that is deeply ingrained in the system which pushed her off the podium at last year's Worlds, and then reinforced by the power play memo, was a big contributing factor in my opinion to her not winning the NHK with more triple axels, and this is solidified further by the contrasting scoring standards at Nationals, which is often carried into manipulation of international results as has been done before. I think acknowledging the disadvantage she must overcome is a way of honoring the quality of her performances and her fortitude to win.

Briananing

On the Ice
@jenaj i dont think rika would have a chance to medal no matter how clean she would skate, unless the 3A mess up their programs ofcourse. Thing is, JF just doesnt seem to know how to politicking even though they are one of the big federations and give lots of sponsorship. And her programs music would not help her either with the judges.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
@jenaj i dont think rika would have a chance to medal no matter how clean she would skate, unless the 3A mess up their programs ofcourse. Thing is, JF just doesnt seem to know how to politicking even though they are one of the big federations and give lots of sponsorship. And her programs music would not help her either with the judges.

She has way better musics and choreographies than the Russian trio so she could medal, the problem is that the 3A will be overscored as usual

lzxnl

Final Flight
She has way better musics and choreographies than the Russian trio so she could medal, the problem is that the 3A will be overscored as usual

In a fair world, she'd be a favourite to win it all. Scherbakova's lutz edges should be called, Kostornaia's (occasional) lutz edges should be called, the flip/lutz takeoffs should at least be considered poor takeoffs, and their components should seriously take a hit. But, alas, corridor judging is a thing.

readernick

Medalist

I actually don't agree. Rika scored higher at 4CC ( which traditionally has more conservative scoring) with a popped 3A than Trusova did at Euros. Without her 3Lz, Rika was at a disadvantage. But now her 3Lz is back, and with clean programs and the same GOE she is receiving now (even without the 4S) she can get slightly over 240. 83(SP)+157 (FP) =240. If she can land a 4S, then she can score 83+166=249. I think the second score is a bit unrealistic. ( although, I am hopeful) but it would probably allow her to win. (unless Sasha lands all her quads) But, the first score is possible and puts her right in the mix for a seasons bests with Anna, Sasha and Alena. She can definitely challenge for the podium with just 3A and a clean skate. To win, she needs to land a 4S and really push her performance.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
hi guys. I’m no longer posting in the Forum for my own health. I have a heart condition and I cannot handle talking to some rude posters. But I will be posting in the fan fest once in a while. Just dropping by to post this fan art I did of our angel of peace ;)

Excited for her next comp and Worlds. Goodluck, Rika!

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
hi guys. I’m no longer posting in the Forum for my own health. I have a heart condition and I cannot handle talking to some rude posters. But I will be posting in the fan fest once in a while. Just dropping by to post this fan art I did of our angel of peace ;)

Excited for her next comp and Worlds. Goodluck, Rika!

Omg you're so talented!!!!

It does take a lot of effort to shake off certain characters I agree. Definitely gets my blood up but at the end of the day I know they're pressed because she's a threat.

Opposite of love is not hate. It's indifference. I'm totally indifferent to a lot of skaters and I've never mentioned them. Couldn't care less.

Baby girl makes a lot of people super salty and threatened by just being her amazing self.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In a fair world, she'd be a favourite to win it all. Scherbakova's lutz edges should be called, Kostornaia's (occasional) lutz edges should be called, the flip/lutz takeoffs should at least be considered poor takeoffs, and their components should seriously take a hit. But, alas, corridor judging is a thing.

Agree. Anna in particular still skates like a junior. I hope Rika can skate two clean programs at Worlds. If that doesn't get her on the podium at least, something is seriously wrong with the judging.

lzxnl

Final Flight
Agree. Anna in particular still skates like a junior. I hope Rika can skate two clean programs at Worlds. If that doesn't get her on the podium at least, something is seriously wrong with the judging.

You reckon Rusfed will write a letter and complain if Rika wins a Worlds medal?

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Rika just needs to podium and there will be meltdowns and conspiracy theories galore! It doesn't even have to be gold.

I wonder how our girl is doing and how her boots are treating her.......

lzxnl

Final Flight
Rika just needs to podium and there will be meltdowns and conspiracy theories galore! It doesn't even have to be gold.

I wonder how our girl is doing and how her boots are treating her.......

Backloaded combo in SP
3A
3Lz
3F-3T (fall)

Which is unfortunate as we know she can skate this cleanly.

readernick

Medalist
Backloaded combo in SP
3A
3Lz
3F-3T (fall)

Which is unfortunate as we know she can skate this cleanly.

Yes, I imagine it is difficult trying a new jump setup. I think it is the first time she has purposefully backloaded her combo in competition. It is a good time to try out a new jump layout.

lzxnl

Final Flight
She says she isn't leaning towards doing a 4S in the free, which to me defeats the purpose of skating here.

rosy14

Final Flight
Rika can and I hope she does and I hope that she will be scored fairly. But there is a high likelihood that she will have to make up a big scoring handicap or preference for certain other skaters that is deeply ingrained in the system which pushed her off the podium at last year's Worlds, and then reinforced by the power play memo, was a big contributing factor in my opinion to her not winning the NHK with more triple axels, and this is solidified further by the contrasting scoring standards at Nationals, which is often carried into manipulation of international results as has been done before. I think acknowledging the disadvantage she must overcome is a way of honoring the quality of her performances and her fortitude to win.

Agree 100%

rosy14

Final Flight

Usually the Japanese girls’ programmes are far more innovative, fresh and very well choreographed than the Russian girls’.