Rika Kihira | Page 87 | Golden Skate

Rika Kihira

lzxnl

Final Flight
So, Rika finishes the season with WS 1, yet somehow she's one of the least popular top skaters on these forums.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Where did you get that idea?

Are you talking about these fan fests specifically?

I don't know about everyone else but Twitter is really excellent for Rika stuff so I have had my say there already and there is no point in rehashing it here.

Plus Rika being Rika people can't really accuse her of dodgy jumps or bad edges so it's not like we can go out and valiantly defend her technique.

I'm not fighting the one wacko who does it cuz they are nuts!

Oh another note I found pics of baby Rika on Twitter and she's such a meme.

gotoschool

Medalist
Amazingly, Rika is still rated number 1 even with deflated scores due to lack of political power and backing which deflated some of her placements in competitions both this and last season.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Amazingly, Rika is still rated number 1 even with deflated scores due to lack of political power and backing which deflated some of her placements in competitions both this and last season.
All of her rivals were all juniors last year and junior events aren't worth nearly as many points and leave a whole points category (other international) unused.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
:O! It's that true?? Yess Rika!! And many triple axels to come, and first on world standing yess queen! I'm sad that we won't see her at world championships due to the cancellation of the event, I hope it will be resheduled for the second half of the year after the coronavirus is controled, I still have hope she can end at least with a podium finish for the first time at worlds, but I know she can win the event overall, and I hope that happen, I would be the happiest person in the world, I love this girl <3

gotoschool

Medalist
All of her rivals were all juniors last year and junior events aren't worth nearly as many points and leave a whole points category (other international) unused.

Well in many ways it balances out since Rika was obviously deflated in scores and placements on multiple occasions because of her lack of political connections in scoring even at her own Nationals. In my opinion, Rika overall has had the best qualities in her performances in the last two seasons and her first place rank indicates this, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I very much like 3 of the four pictures. Unfortunately I REALLY don't like the part of the back of the red dress that looks like cross between a spider and a Christmas garland. Rika deserves better.

I'm ok with that. I want the length to be shorter than last year's. Last year's seemed too long for her tiny frame. The back will look fine on the ice.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I'm probably one of the few who really liked the green dress and the darker blue BiB dress.

I thought the green was very stylish and mature (but not old).

She looks amazing in the tighter, shorter dresses too (like her 4CC exhibition dress). They should look into that for the new season. Her styling at the 4CC exhibition was delightful.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Like many of you I didn't like that cross on the red dress and I find her skirts too long for her, but the pale green dress is absolutely my favorite costume of the entire season, I loved everything: from the color to all the small details! She was very elegant and that was one of the few not juniorish costumes she has worn so far!

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Oh I'm so relieved to hear she's getting ice time again!

I've seen the live footage but have no idea what's going on. Just happy to see her smiley face!

Hopefully we'll get some footage of a jump or something one day!

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
So apparently if you chant Rika's name three times she will post a video of her beautiful jumps :laugh:

Gorgeous 3F3T (that I don't know how to grab from Insta).

Anyways baby is back with BIG jumps! My first look at the flip I was like "What the H!!!!!"

lzxnl

Final Flight
So apparently if you chant Rika's name three times she will post a video of her beautiful jumps :laugh:

Gorgeous 3F3T (that I don't know how to grab from Insta).

Anyways baby is back with BIG jumps! My first look at the flip I was like "What the H!!!!!"

The 3F-3T is huge!!! So much distance. As if that won't get her more GOE on that jump.

Speaking of which, I wonder how her other jumps will look after so much off-ice training.

gossipcow

Rinkside
Saw this practice video on Rika's Twitter: https://twitter.com/rika_kihira/status/1266340799102414848

Two nice 3A's and what looks like a 3F-eu-3S. So much distance and speed on the combo, she's looking good here so far.

Hopefully she'll have her music and programs figured out soon, so she can practice them. Wonder how it'll go without having Fantasy On Ice as an avenue for breaking in her programs.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Rika will be trained under Brian Orser in Canada, he will be her secondary coach. Mie Hamada remains as Rika's main coach. She will start her training at TCC once the entry restriction into Canada is lifted. She will make her training base both in Japan and Canada.

"I decided this because I was certain I can absolutely grow (by working with Orser) ahead of the Beijing Winter Olympics (in 2022)," the 17-year-old Kihira told Kyodo News in Okinawa Prefecture, southern Japan.
"I want to learn how to do new spins, and how to combine my steps and jumps. I also want to absorb a lot from watching top figure skaters," she said https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...skating-kihira-to-add-hanyus-coach-orser.html
https://twitter.com/ShukoD/status/1271721053513895936?s=20
https://twitter.com/rikak_fans/status/1271728837290795008?s=20