Roman Savosin | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Roman Savosin

Sam L

Medalist
I'm so happy for Roman taking bronze at the Russian juniors. :D Some unfortunate falls but he's overall program and presentation skills are improving so much.

Sam L

Medalist
Those falls in that free skate, how unfortunate. His flow on ice and spins are so much better. He seems to struggle with the 3A?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Those falls in that free skate, how unfortunate. His flow on ice and spins are so much better. He seems to struggle with the 3A?

His technique isn't the best on any of his jumps as far as I can tell. But at least everything else has improved! You can definitely tell he put in a lot of effort over the summer to improve his components!

I hope he doesn't struggle like this at JrW :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Roman about the SP:
“This was probably one of the best short programs of the short program this year. The main thing was to make your own here. I tried not to think about others ... The past two world championships among juniors are not very good for me are over, so no need to look for motivation. The challenge is to be here with a medal. I tried to analyze what I did wrong in past tournaments, changed the training, my attitude to training. But so far only a short program has passed, let's see after an arbitrary, how well I analyzed "
https://rsport.ria.ru/20190306/1551604088.html

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
OMG how much he has grown while I haven't seen him for a while!!! :eek: And not only physically, but also in the way he skates. Loved the program (I am a sucker for Il Volo songs!) and he performed beautifully. Best of luck for the free!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Roman on a well deserved silver and he receives a small gold medal for winning the free skate!!! He should have a guaranteed GP event going into next season!!

Congrats Roman!

zounger

Medalist
Funny moment with Roman was at the small medal ceremony. When the orginazing lady tried to translate the question if the boys (Roman, Stephe, Daniel, Tomoki) have a girlfriend. They said no, Stephen looked almost embarrassed by the question. Roman doesn’t speak English so the lady with her limited Russian tried but said “you like girls” and Roman with sharp affirmative way said “of course”. :laugh:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Funny moment with Roman was at the small medal ceremony. When the orginazing lady tried to translate the question if the boys (Roman, Stephe, Daniel, Tomoki) have a girlfriend. They said no, Stephen looked almost embarrassed by the question. Roman doesn’t speak English so the lady with her limited Russian tried but said “you like girls” and Roman with sharp affirmative way said “of course”. :laugh:

Oh my :laugh2: