Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
14 - 18 Sep 2016
Salt Lake City United States

Short Dance
Friday, 16 September 2016, 12:55. UTC -6

In other time zones:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=240&p6=195&p7=256&p8=236&p9=166

Entries

No.NameNation
1Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX-SENECAL
SD "Travelin' Light," performed by Susie Arioli, and "Lover Come Back to me" ( featuring Jordan Officer), performed by the Susie Arioli Swing Band
FD
ARM
2Mackenzie BENT / Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS
SD Shoo-Shoo Baby, Love, You Didn't Do Right by Me by Rosemary Clooney
FD Malaguena, and Spanish Waltz by Fermin Spanish Guitar
CAN
3Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM
SD Big Spender" and "Sing Sing Sing!"
FD Liebestraum by Franz Liszt
CAN
4Cortney MANSOUR / Michal CESKA
SD Blues: "Summertime," performed by Renée Olstead, Swing: "Diga Diga Do," performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
FD "Kay," "A New Carpet," and "Godfather Waltz" from the Godfather Part II by Nino Rota
CZE
5Katharina MÜLLER / Tim DIECK
SD Blues: "New Year's Blues" by Glen Crytzer and his Syncopators, Swing: a version of "Jolie Coquine," choreo by Massimo Scali, Mark Hanretty
FD Megecina, Tabakiera, Mahalageasca (Bucovina Dub); choreo by Massimo Scali, Mark Hanretty
GER
6Kana MURAMOTO / Chris REED
SD a medley of Ray Charles songs, including " I Got a Woman, " and "Mess Around"
FD Poeta by Vicente Amigo
JPN
7Yura MIN / Alexander GAMELIN
SD Blues: "Your Heart is as Black as Night" by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa, and Hip-Hop: Big Bang's Bang Bang Bang
FD Cinema Paradiso soundtrack by Ennio Morricone; "Cinema in flamme" and "Tema De Amor de Cinema Paradiso"
KOR
8Olivia SMART / Adria DIAZ
SD Proud Mary by Tina Turner.
FD Pieces of music named "Experience" by Ludovic Einaudi
ESP
9Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR
SD Blues: "Why Don't You Right?" and "Straight to Number One," by Touch and Go
FD "Near Light," by Ólafur Arnalds and "Beethoven's Five Secrets by The Piano Guys
TUR
10Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
SD Blues: Feelin' Good by Nina Simone; Hip Hop: Hammer Time (Can't Touch This) by MC Hammer
Push It, Ice, Ice Baby and Turn Down for What; choreo by Samuel Chouinard, Marie France Dubreuil
FD Love Medley by various artists: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," performed by Bootstraps, "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You," performed by Ingrid Michaelson, "Earned It," by Bootstraps; choreo by Samuel Chouinard, Marie France Dubreuil
USA
11Karina MANTA / Joseph JOHNSON
SD "La vie en rose" performed by Louis Armstrong and "I Wanna be Like You" by Robbie Williams; choreo by Christopher Dean
FD "Dream On" by Aerosmith; choreo by Christopher Dean
USA
12Danielle THOMAS / Daniel EATON
SD "Lets Get It On" by Marvin Gaye and "Superstition" Stevie Wonder; choreo by Marina Zoueva, Johnny Johns, Massimo Scali, and Oleg Epstein
FD "Lay Me Down" by Sam Smith; choreo by Marina Zoueva, Johnny Johns, Massimo Scali, and Oleg Epstein
USA

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Thanks for the info. Gadbois Teams are out ! Quite interested to see all their programs especially H/D. Their SD's music choice is intriguing to say the least. I also want to see if Paul/Islam will bounce back after last year's disappointed season. I quite enjoy this team, nice lines and smooth skating but lack of identity.

Sackie

Medalist
This is Hubbell/Donohue's to win! Paul/Islam should be in there for a medal but one never knows.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm actually interested in a lot of these couples even though there are very few 'major names'... I think it's too bad that ice network basically has a total monopoly on this event since it basically ensures no one from outside the USA will be able to see it unless they can find who they're looking for on youtube.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I think it's too bad that ice network basically has a total monopoly on this event since it basically ensures no one from outside the USA will be able to see it unless they can find who they're looking for on youtube.
And we can find videos on YouTube only if someone has recorded the competition and uploaded videos. I remember that last season someone had recorded Hubbell/Donohue's programs from this competition and put them up on YouTube, but the videos were unlisted, and links were shared only through private messages. We'll be lucky if the same happens this season and if the person who records does this with more than one team/skater per each discipline. I hope someone is going to take pity on us here in Europe and on interested skating fans in other countries outside of US.

Last edited:

blue eyed birds

Spectator
In defense of unlisted videos and rare videos, a few seasons ago I know of someone who did attempt to share videos from the event on YouTube and immediately received a copyright warning and had to remove the uploads. Icenetwork/USFS is sometimes quick to slap these things down (sometimes true with Nationals too). So I sympathize with both sides. Just know that if it's hard to find stuff in public spaces, it might not be because no one wants to share.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
In defense of unlisted videos and rare videos, a few seasons ago I know of someone who did attempt to share videos from the event on YouTube and immediately received a copyright warning and had to remove the uploads. Icenetwork/USFS is sometimes quick to slap these things down (sometimes true with Nationals too). So I sympathize with both sides. Just know that if it's hard to find stuff in public spaces, it might not be because no one wants to share.

Yup. YT is not safe.... I wonder if at other platforms there would be the same problems.

tulosai

Record Breaker

Oh for sure, and in general I don't feel super strongly about this issue... in this particular case though it really is unfortunate since ice network, as far as I know, has exclusive rights worldwide but only people who live in America can buy an ice network package. If anyone could pay to see it, I might still complain, but I wouldn't feel it was unfair in quite the way I do in this instance. As things stand, there is no way for anyone who is not in America to legally see this event unless I'm mistaken, and I don't think that's right.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Oh for sure, and in general I don't feel super strongly about this issue... in this particular case though it really is unfortunate since ice network, as far as I know, has exclusive rights worldwide but only people who live in America can buy an ice network package. If anyone could pay to see it, I might still complain, but I wouldn't feel it was unfair in quite the way I do in this instance. As things stand, there is no way for anyone who is not in America to legally see this event unless I'm mistaken, and I don't think that's right.

99% sure the following information is accurate:

Anyone can pay to watch the US Classic. It is possible for those outside the U.S. to purchase an IN subscription. Legally purchase, of course.
The US Classic and US Nats are some of the comps that *are not* geoblocked for those outside the U.S. who have paid for an IN subscription.

That said, other comps (such as GPs and ISU championships) *are* geoblocked for those outside the U.S. who have paid for an IN subscription.

Not commenting on whether the situation is "fair."
Just trying to fill you in on what the situation is.

ETA:
The link below lists the comps that are *not* available worldwide to IN subscribers.
http://web.icenetwork.com/help/blackout

What is up with no skate order yet?

The starting order now is posted on the leaderboard.
My guess is that the draw was not held until today.

1 Mackenzie BENT + Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS, CAN
2 Karina MANTA + Joseph JOHNSON, USA
3 Danielle THOMAS + Daniel EATON, USA
4 Olivia SMART + Adria DIAZ, ESP
5 Alexandra PAUL + Mitchell ISLAM, CAN
6 Madison HUBBELL + Zachary DONOHUE, USA
7 Alisa AGAFONOVA + Alper UCAR, TUR
8 Cortney MANSOUR + Michal CESKA, CZE
9 Katharina MUELLER + Tim DIECK, GER
10 Tina GARABEDIAN + Simon PROULX-SENECAL, ARM
11 Yura MIN + Alexander GAMELIN, KOR
12 Kana MURAMOTO + Chris REED, JPN

Good luck to all ... esp. Karina and Joe :yay:.

(BTW, Karina and Joe will be blogging for ice-dance.com :cool:. The last time they blogged was very enjoyable.)

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Oh, I do understand that. And I was not really blaming anyone. I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself and other people who probably were not going to be able to see much of this competition as the entry list is quite good :). But, as it turns out, the wonderful YouTuber 0316seisato has already uploaded quite a lot of videos, and at least for now they are available to everyone (not unlisted, that is). That's why I added the smile emoticon :). I hope those videos won't be taken down too soon.

99% sure the following information is accurate:

Anyone can pay to watch the US Classic. It is possible for those outside the U.S. to purchase an IN subscription. Legally purchase, of course.
The US Classic and US Nats are some of the comps that *are not* geoblocked for those outside the U.S. who have paid for an IN subscription.

That said, other comps (such as GPs and ISU championships) *are* geoblocked for those outside the U.S. who have paid for an IN subscription.
Yes, not really worth the price, in my opinion. And I can watch GPs and other ISU championships for free through other channels anyway.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Yes, not really worth the price, in my opinion. And I can watch GPs and other ISU championships for free through other channels anyway.

Again, I merely was providing information to tulosai.
Was not making any judgment as to whether an IN subscription is worthwhile or not -- for anyone.

The first SLC blog post from Joe Johnson has been posted. I once again am enjoying that his writing style is very entertaining and self-deprecating. Exanple of his humor :laugh::

... Events like these are crazy, because when you’re not at the hotel you see well known skaters all over the place. I ran into Satoko Miyahara and Takahito Mura at a Whole Foods; rather I saw them while eating popcorn like a savage at a wooden table and I had to try and eat it in a slightly more dignified manner after realizing they were present. ...

http://www.ice-dance.com/site/2016-u-s-international-classic-blog-1/ (Sep 16)​

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Again, I merely was providing information to tulosai.
Was not making any judgment as to whether an IN subscription is worthwhile or not -- for anyone.
My "Yes" at the beginning must have mislead you. I was not agreeing with some imagined thing that you actually did not say, but merely expressing my opinion.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
We should be starting in five minutes. I'll have to duck out for a client in an hour, but hope to be back for the ladies. Of course, this is assuming there will be streaming today.

Fingers crossed!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I've never seen anyone pose before they were announced the way the Canadians did. I thought my sound was behind.

TMC

Record Breaker
I've never seen anyone pose before they were announced the way the Canadians did. I thought my sound was behind.

Didn't Piper and Paul do that before their (amazing) Hitchcock programme?

Icenotwork is insufferable!!!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deducted points for La Vie En Rose. Sorry, Karina and Joseph. And 0 points for IN for making me miss 70% of that presumably delightful skate.:dev2: