Artem Kovalev | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Artem Kovalev

s_parks

Record Breaker
hope so, its a tough field with Zhou, Sadovsky and Shimada
but Artem has an outside shot of a medal of one them misses and he's clean.

Looks like Gumennik is also there. Zhou looks like the favorite to win especially with Aliev having switched to a different jgp, but I think Artem has a realistic shot at a medal, since gumennik and shimada do not yet have 3As(though it's been on their planned content, I believe). Artem made a good impression skating clean in a deep field last week where there were a number of other impressive performances, so I'm sure he'll score well with another set of decent skates. :hap85:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Looks like Gumennik is also there. Zhou looks like the favorite to win especially with Aliev having switched to a different jgp, but I think Artem has a realistic shot at a medal, since gumennik and shimada do not yet have 3As(though it's been on their planned content, I believe). Artem made a good impression skating clean in a deep field last week where there were a number of other impressive performances, so I'm sure he'll score well with another set of decent skates. :hap85:

Shimada has a 3axel, he finished 3rd in JGP France.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I've watched his FS over and over since the Yokohama event. Every time I see it, I burst into laughter at him in the KnC zone. He was sitting between his coach and choreographer, but acted very calmly and was poised for analyzing his performance. I have no knowledge of Russian language, but I can feel he wanted to learn something and to review what was good and what was something to make progress; what a total commander there despite his young age. :)

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Will Artem get a 2nd spot? I just can't wait to see him skate again! :laugh: So mature & beautiful skating, and his voice is SOOO Cute... :love:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
He has been assigned to the 7th event.

I read that from the event thread. While I'm delighted for the addition, but also hope that he gets a good result at the following Jr. Nationals, so he can get better (or easier) assignments on JGP. The German event looks very touch to get a medal.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I read that from the event thread. While I'm delighted for the addition, but also hope that he gets a good result at the following Jr. Nationals, so he can get better (or easier) assignments on JGP. The German event looks very touch to get a medal.

Its not about a medal its about him showing good results, next season will be a different scenario.
Artem is very unique amongst current russian men juniors, with his beautiful lines, skating skills and yeah very charismatic... :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Its not about a medal its about him showing good results, next season will be a different scenario.
Artem is very unique amongst current russian men juniors, with his beautiful lines, skating skills and yeah very charismatic... :)

You're right. I should've found a bright side...

s_parks

Record Breaker
So excited for this last jgp- good luck to him, i hope we can see another clean set of performances.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Aw, he's so little, hehe. Seriously, it's crazy how good he is considering he made the age cut for juniors by 3 days! Wish we had videos, but it's be hard to get for this competition I suppose.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Aw, he's so little, hehe. Seriously, it's crazy how good he is considering he made the age cut for juniors by 3 days! Wish we had videos, but it's be hard to get for this competition I suppose.

Just 3 days! He was born in June 27 2003 unlike Polina Tsurskaya could've not debuted in junior earlier due to her birth 11 days after July 1. I couldn't find any video yet, so hopefully the organizer uploads.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Here are Artem's exhibition program for the gala of Minsk-Arena Ice Star. The competition was held from Nov. 18 to 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaNP7ZviuK8 (fancam)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i-k3RD941c (official but snippet of his EX)
http://www.belarus.by/en/press-center/photo/minsk-arena-ice-star-gala_i_7232.html?page=2 a photo of Artem during his EX

He won the junior event there with two clean programs and earned 205.52. I haven't found any video for his SP and FS though.

http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Ice_Star_2016/CAT004RS.HTM The result.