Artem Kovalev | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Artem Kovalev

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And he still got assigned over Kovalev first?? Anyways, I'm excited to see his programs. Fingers crossed for at least 1 jgp!

Well to be fair, the assignments had to go in Friday, test skates for singles didn't start until Saturday with the actual skates Monday and Tuesday. But it can, and I hope, be switched in favor of Kovalev. I want to see him back on the JGP and he has the same content as Murashov who is 3 years older.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well to be fair, the assignments had to go in Friday, test skates for singles didn't start until Saturday with the actual skates Monday and Tuesday. But it can, and I hope, be switched in favor of Kovalev. I want to see him back on the JGP and he has the same content as Murashov who is 3 years older.

Ah, I see, so they did make the assignments before test skates, as I thought. Almost forgot Murashov was that old already.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Thanks for the updates on Artem! He blew me away two years ago at JGPs and have been wondering a bit of what goes on. Hope to see him skate internationally again this season!

E

The Finn

Record Breaker
Russian Fed has done some changes for their JGP assignments. Gumennik has replaced Kovalev in JGP Canada.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kovalev did a live feed showing him and Roman on the way to Linz. Good luck to him :agree:

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Ach, it was lovely to see Artem skate again. Not a particular fan of the music choices and cuts (particularly the person who did the FS cut should be banned from doing it ever again), but he did good overall. Pleased to see him get the 4th place in the FS with the tech content being a bit below the others; pity that the 3A was not a friend Friday evening.

He has such a good feel for the music and is able to skate to rhythm and melody which is rare indeed. Attention to detail is very good also (the thing that I particularly loved in the first JGP season). The look on his face at the end of the FS was priceless!

E

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Ach, it was lovely to see Artem skate again. Not a particular fan of the music choices and cuts (particularly the person who did the FS cut should be banned from doing it ever again), but he did good overall. Pleased to see him get the 4th place in the FS with the tech content being a bit below the others; pity that the 3A was not a friend Friday evening.

He has such a good feel for the music and is able to skate to rhythm and melody which is rare indeed. Attention to detail is very good also (the thing that I particularly loved in the first JGP season). The look on his face at the end of the FS was priceless!

E

Yes, I also fell in love with Artem from his 2016 JGP Yokohama videos! I couldn't help but exclaim "I love this kid!" after watching his 2016 performances. His focus and intensity, musicality, on ice presence and persona are all there, but the programs don't feel quite right this time, even though the SP was unique. Can’t wait for him to polish up his moves and perfect those jumps! Looking forward to more of Artem in the future. He is such a precious little gem.

P.S. The look on his face at the beginning of the SP after he turned around and gave that intense stare was also priceless! :biggrin:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG I just caught up on Artem's Free and it was glorious! I applauded and cheered at the end! :dance:

I love his attitude, he's so fierce wheneve he looks at the judges, what a little boss! :luv17:

I also loved his costume, very sparklely, very Spanish (to me at least).

What superb jumps too, as mentioned in the comp thread the rotations are so quick!

Congrats on the fourth place in the FS and I hope next event he can get the 3A in the short, if he can he could reach the podium maybe!

Long may he skate! :biggrin: