Artem Kovalev | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Artem Kovalev

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Well, I enjoyed both programs - although the SP music isn't really "my" type of music - and I adored the free. But then, I know from experience that my tolerance level of medleys/music cuts is apparently much higher than that of most people.:) One could hear that Ted also really enjoyed Artem's performances

I also enjoyed his programs, and actually like the music from both. But something just hasn't completely clicked...but then again, it's only the start of the season and everything will gel more with each performance/competition. Also, my expectations have been set high from his 2016 JGP, the same way I feel Alena Kostornaia's programs do not compare to her previous ones.

I love his attitude, he's so fierce whenever he looks at the judges, what a little boss! :luv17:
Long may he skate! :biggrin:

Couldn't agree more! That would be a good nickname for him "The Little Boss" :laugh:

Still get a chuckle whenever I watch the 2016 FS. Ted: He's intense, even in the Kiss & Cry!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Artem is now assigned to Ostrava!!! I hope he gets another one even if it's not in Ostrava!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Poor boy... ut it was predictable after Iakovlev's performance

Actually it was both his and Murashov performance that blocked Artem but the boys are so unpredictable he may still get one pending the results of the next 3 events. Well good luck to Artem at the CoRII!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So it looks like Artem is in the starting line up for the Cup of Russia I event, competing as a senior. He will try to qualify for senior nationals. SP tomorrow, LP Sunday. So in essence, if he competes tomorrow in the senior event, he will not be able to compete at the CoRII event in juniors (can't do both senior and junior qualifying events). Good luck to him :agree:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Artem. Fourth place at his first senior CoR, not bad. Didn't land a clean 3 axel but that's alright. Videos posted in the OP, SP sound is off :(.

He is on the senior roster for the CoRII which takes place 2 weeks from today! Good luck to him :agree:

LRK

Record Breaker
Congrats to Artem. Fourth place at his first senior CoR, not bad. Didn't land a clean 3 axel but that's alright. Videos posted in the OP, SP sound is off :(.

He is on the senior roster for the CoRII which takes place 2 weeks from today! Good luck to him :agree:

Thanks so much for the update, RemyRose! I was just wondering how things had gone. And good luck to Artem in his next event.:)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Artem competed at his first senior international competition this weekend. No videos, thanks Minsk :scowl:

Artem finished in 10th place with 170.19 pts. Just a few issues with his axels (fell on all 3) and lutzes (2 under-rotations) but everything is a learning experience.

Protocols and results can be found here: www.figure.skating.by/competition/Ice_Star_2018/

ETA: he got the Euro FS minimums ;)