Artem Kovalev | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Artem Kovalev

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Coach: Artem Kovalev is going to beat for the medals of the Russian Championship

MOSCOW, January 30 - RIA Novosti, Anatoly Samokhvalov. Russian figure skater Artem Kovalev intends to compete for the medals of the championship of Russia among juniors, coach of the athlete Alexander Volkov told RIA Novosti.
At the December championship of Russia in Saransk Kovalev took the 14th place.
“After the national championship, Artyom looks noticeably better, at the Russian championship he intends to beat for medals,” Volkov said on the phone.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190130/1550160590.html

Small snippet from an interview (Feb. 1) with Volkov:

-Do you have a lot of promising guys in Plushenko's Angels?
- appear. I think so.
- What can Artem Kovalev, who spoke at the junior Grand Prix stages?
- I think that much. If he takes hold of his head and thinks carefully. He is fifteen years old, he is growing up, his coordination is changing, and it is hard for him. But the fact that he is not "freebie" is great.
- From the side he is a classic representative of male figure skating.
- He has very good, beautiful and even triple jumps, but for the quadruple he still lacks physical strength. A year or two and ...
- ... jumps?
- And where will he go!
- Do you calculate the mechanics of the jump?
- Of course! If you stick to the base, then everything is real. But, first, a person must be taught to ride. When you go to the triple, the main thing - do not drive. I know coaches who have a special program: tomorrow's competition, you need to prepare some rittberger from your nose to win the pumping championship. Yes, no one needs it! Don't do that. Because on the fingers to count those skaters who won tournaments on a special program and then progressed further. Although for many coaches, a special program is everything. It is necessary to go systematically to the development of jumps, without breaking the child. There is a good double, there will be a good triple. After the triple there will be a quadruple, if, of course, the person is physically capable of them, since not everyone is given this.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190201/1550226336.html

LRK

Record Breaker
What a great performance! It's funny just how much I love this program - though the music isn't my style at all.:)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Admittedly I only like the first part, the 2nd part loses me completely every time because it does not go with the first part at all. There is no cohesion. It's even worse in the FP. And of course, like one of my other favorites, they always take away the choreographic parts I like :laugh: But good for him. He looks better than before. Still more work to be done but patience is key.

Also, maybe it's the camera angle but he looks like he grew in height, his legs are longer :biggrin:

And how the heck did he lose a spin? :dev2: Rhetorical question. I knew it when he did it :(

LRK

Record Breaker
I know I have a higher tolerance level for medleys/songs stuck together than most people - unless I hate the music involved, I tend to get used to them quite quickly.:) For example, I quite adore his free.;)

And yes, I too thought his legs looked longer.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
He is getting the movement under control - this looked so much better than the earlier performances! Hope he due well in the FS. And I agree, taller again!

E

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know I have a higher tolerance level for medleys/songs stuck together than most people - unless I hate the music involved, I tend to get used to them quite quickly.:) For example, I quite adore his free.;)

And yes, I too thought his legs looked longer.

I cannot with his free :laugh: I'm so familiar with all those pieces that I can count the number of cuts and it's way excessive. Two or 3 cuts, that's all you need :laugh: No doubt, Volkov took the axe with him when he left Sambo. Plus none of songs go together (IMO) and the choreography makes no sense. It drives me crazy. But it's alright. Let's see what they bring next season! I just hope for more polish :cool:

Good luck to him tomorrow!!!

LRK

Record Breaker
Some unsteady landings, but he really fought for it. Love the passion in the end pose.:)

LRK

Record Breaker
The Angelsofplushenko Instagram posted about that, and since they included a quote from the interview:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btbl3OVBAAE/

Via Google translate:
Interview with Artem Kovalyov at the Russian Championship in Perm. "I fought for all the elements. I tried to do everything!" Good for you, Tyoma! #Now now #angelsofplushenko @ kovalev4324