2016 Finlandia Trophy Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Entries

katha

On the Ice
I wouldn't worry. These Challenger comps are a good opportunity to test programs and get feedback, but I think many teams register for them knowing that they might withdraw. Perhaps they decided to change something with the dances or thought they would be ready, but aren't. Or it's a minor injury and they don't want to risk it for a small event like that. A lot of skaters have withdrawn from Challenger events in the last few weeks.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thanks all for the calming words :) you are all correct I hope ... It is true that many skaters just withdraw from these events all the time ;) go weapo ;)

katha

On the Ice
Yeah...that was kinda predictable, wasn't it? With the programs still in beginning stages and his injury still a concern. I hope his injury hasn't gotten worse, though I feel with them working on lifts now to get the programs ready that might be the case. :(

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Can I ask you guys to use full names for pairs? It gets a bit confusing when you've got multiple pairs with the same initials.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
With W/P and S/K out, Ice Dance field is getting shallow...

GF2445

Record Breaker
Looking forward to seeing how Ekaterina and Harley go in seniors. I hope they will enjoy the expierience of competing in the same event as Megan and Eric.
I predict that their scores here wont be as high as the JGP as the field is stonger, but they will skate pretty well.
In terms of where they will place in the event- if they skate well, probably between 6th-8th place.

LRK

Record Breaker
Eric Radford ‏@Rad85E 19h
19 hours ago
On my way to Finland for the first time! Very excited to experience the sights, sounds and flavours of a new country! #moimoi #finlandia

Eric Radford ‏@Rad85E 16m
16 minutes ago
Hello #Helsinki !! You're very beautiful. #Finland #Suomi #finlandiatrophy #travel #beautiful #chilly
https://twitter.com/Rad85E/status/782960813174886401

TMC

Record Breaker
Eric Radford ‏@Rad85E 19h
19 hours ago
On my way to Finland for the first time! Very excited to experience the sights, sounds and flavours of a new country! #moimoi #finlandia

Eric Radford ‏@Rad85E 16m
16 minutes ago
Hello #Helsinki !! You're very beautiful. #Finland #Suomi #finlandiatrophy #travel #beautiful #chilly
https://twitter.com/Rad85E/status/782960813174886401

Those photos are really nice!

The weather is better this week than I can remember it ever being in October, so that's great for everybody visiting FT & Helsinki.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Helsinki is literally my favorite city in the World. Followed closely by Stockholm and Valencia Spain.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm disappointed that there will be no Canadian Ice Dance team here. Skate Canada is sending its A team here to get familiar with Helsinki as part of the preparation for Worlds. Heck, Patrick gave up the nice Japan Open money to be here. But with two Worlds medal contending Canadian Ice Dance teams, no one is here. :( What's happening?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm disappointed that there will be no Canadian Ice Dance team here. Skate Canada is sending its A team here to get familiar with Helsinki as part of the preparation for Worlds. Heck, Patrick gave up the nice Japan Open money to be here. But with two Worlds medal contending Canadian Ice Dance teams, no one is here. :( What's happening?

Kaitlyn Osmond is an A team? Don't get me wrong, I like her and her skating, but the past year she definitely hasn't got an "A" disposition and there were two Canadian ladies that beat her, so sorry, but I don't consider her part of "A" team for now. WeaPo was scheduled to compete here, but I guess they're not prepared enough, so they WD, to not show medicore performance and I can understand that. Though I would have really liked seeing them before Skate Canada... (plus, they won't be getting any feedback before GP series).

I'm super excited about Anna Pogorilaya and Mikhail Kolyada competing here :hap10: