2016 Finlandia Trophy Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Entries

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
weapo aren't going to SC but russia..
kaetlyn still has the potential to beat anyone on a good day.
Kaitlyn Osmond is an A team? Don't get me wrong, I like her and her skating, but the past year she definitely hasn't got an "A" disposition and there were two Canadian ladies that beat her, so sorry, but I don't consider her part of "A" team for now. WeaPo was scheduled to compete here, but I guess they're not prepared enough, so they WD, to not show medicore performance and I can understand that. Though I would have really liked seeing them before Skate Canada... (plus, they won't be getting any feedback before GP series).

I'm super excited about Anna Pogorilaya and Mikhail Kolyada competing here :hap10:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
kaetlyn still has the potential to beat anyone on a good day.

Sure, ITA. But these are super rare recently, and being so inconsistent is why she's not in A Team. That's why she wasn't sent to Worlds too. I would really like for her to have a comback this season, she's a very elegant skater :)

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm really surprised that they aren't saying anything about any streaming...

LRK

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23 22h
22 hours ago
So excited to be off to Finland today! Can't wait to officially kick off my season :) #NewPlaces #NewSeason

Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23 2h
2 hours ago
I made it to Finland!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm really surprised that they aren't saying anything about any streaming...
Hmm... it is strange.

Maybe someone can ask about it on the Finlandia Farcebook page? I don't have an account myself...

LRK

Record Breaker
Meagan Duhamel ‏@mhjd_85 Oct 2
In 1951 my Mummu and Papa moved from to Today, I'm proud to go back to Finland with SISU in my blood! #Finlander @helsinki_2017
https://twitter.com/mhjd_85/status/782625363008557057

Meagan Duhamel ‏@mhjd_85 Oct 3
Beautiful but crisp afternoon here in Helsinki! #Finland #finlandiatrophy #feelslikehome #markets #cloudberries #boats #beautiful
https://twitter.com/mhjd_85/status/782969388550983681

Meagan Duhamel ‏@mhjd_85 1h
1 hour ago
Nice day in #Helsinki at the book launch of "Charm of Ice".#Finland 's newest skating book @SkateCanada @SkatingFinland @LeChateauStyle
https://twitter.com/mhjd_85/status/783328145034342400

mrrice

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23 22h
22 hours ago
So excited to be off to Finland today! Can't wait to officially kick off my season :) #NewPlaces #NewSeason

Kaetlyn Osmond ‏@kaetlyn_23 2h
2 hours ago
I made it to Finland!

I'm so excited to see Kaetlyn this season. In fact, I'm excited for this entire event. There are great skaters in every group and I'm looking forward to seeing some big names going head to head. Is this Nathan Chen's first event?

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm so excited to see Kaetlyn this season. In fact, I'm excited for this entire event. There are great skaters in every group and I'm looking to some big names going head to head. Is this Nathan Chen's first event?

I don't know, but I'm fairly sure he's done at least one other competition before this one?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Has Patrick arrived yet? I am so excited to see how is looking........And skating. :laugh2: Seriously though, I would love to have been able to travel to Helsinki again. A piece of my heart will always be there.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Is this Nathan Chen's first event?

I don't know, but I'm fairly sure he's done at least one other competition before this one?

It is Nathan's first international of the season.
And his first senior international ever :cool:.

In early Sep, Nathan won Golden West. http://allyearfsc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/index.html

Go, Nathan :yay:.

Don't forget that V/M withdrew some time ago as well...

Question out of curiosity:

What does it mean when some people are saying that Virtue/Moir "withdrew" from Finlandia this year.

Had their names ever appeared on an official Finlandia entry list?
And/or on the Skate Canada assignment list?

Or had V/M just made an informal comment early on about Finlandia?

I know that they have an old history with Finlandia. Competed there at least once, plus they once were a late withdrawal b/c Scott tweaked his neck, IIRC.

But I apparently have missed the basis for the comments that they "withdrew" this year.​

ETA:
I have stumbled across a reference to V/M and Finlandia on the IFS FB page at the time of HPC ... but did Tessa/Scott refer to Finlandia on camera at HPC? In the YT video attached to the FB post, they themselves do not mention Finlandia.​

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Not much challenge for Chan or for D/R here. That sometimes can be scary since they may not be at their best thinking it an easy win! Kaetlyn is in tough but she still should medal here if she wants to keep up with Alaine and Gabby! This is really going to be another interesting year for the CAN ladies since we have the 3 all about the same - yet only 2 again get to go to worlds.

TMC

Record Breaker
Apparently they first mentioned the live stream 2 days before the competition last year...so any minute now :laugh:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Not much challenge for Chan or for D/R here. That sometimes can be scary since they may not be at their best thinking it an easy win! Kaetlyn is in tough but she still should medal here if she wants to keep up with Alaine and Gabby! This is really going to be another interesting year for the CAN ladies since we have the 3 all about the same - yet only 2 again get to go to worlds.

There is nothing scary. Chan and D/R are not seeking to peak here but to test their new programs and get a little mileage and feedback. Finlandia gold medals are probably not among their major goals and accomplishments of the season.

Yeah, Canada has a new "problem" with 3 very promising Ladies with high potential after years of droughts and headcases, facing questions and criticism about its Ladies program.

mrrice

Record Breaker

I think Patrick's challenge comes from within. He also needs the feedback from the judges as to what they think of his programs. He may be challenged Technically by Nathan but it's his PCS mark that will separate him from the rest of the pack.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Eric Radford will have another debut - his music skated by a 3 time World Champion no less. I hope his good friend will do him proud with an expressive performance about their friendship.

I can't wait to see A Journey myself.

For those not in the know, here is the story of Patrick's LP music:

Journey Of Friendship

eta. This is a debut of Eric's music skated by another skater as a LP. He and Meagan skated SP Tribute (to Paul Wirtz) in 2014.

Last edited: