Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley and Dalton's plank challenge is adorable! I keep watching it just for the expressions on their faces.

Ashley's been posting a number of things she and Dalton are doing to keep in shape, with fun and variety. I recommend watching for new ones. Also, here's one of her and Timothy, before the quarantine, trying out some new moves and counting them fails.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Pwkr-jy9f/

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley and Tim were interviewed on "Cafecito con Masha" Sept. 1. It's a wonderful fifty minutes! They shared some new things and were as charming, thoughtful and emotionally intelligent as ever!

Entrevista con Ashley Cain-Gribble and Timothy Leduc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c5Cno-zHMU

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the ^^ above interview, Tim said they will bring back their FS to "W.E." from 2018-19, which I am excited about. I imagine they'll incorporate some changes, but I've always felt that music fits Ashley & Timothy so beautifully and brings out wonderful things in them. As does Misha Ge's choreography (for their new SP) - he brings out their edginess or dynamism or something, which will be great. I'm also looking forward to C-G/L being able to compete in front of live audiences again, because they really thrive on the energy and encouragement. We're with you!

Very belated Happy Birthday to Timothy! As my son always reminds me on Star Wars day: "May the fourth be with you."

I want to thank Ashley and Timothy (again belatedly!) for their performances at Worlds. 2021 is the first year since 2010 -- Denney/Barrett in 7th and Evora/Ladwig in 9th -- how about that??? :), that the US has scored TWO pairs in the Top Ten finishers at Worlds. Well done!

And Ashley and Tim may (I hope) still have a long, fascinating competitive journey ahead of them. Ashley's only 25, and Timothy 31, which is getting younger all the time in terms of Pairs standards! I look forward to watching their gorgeous skating with such beautiful extension, lines, speed, power and refinement, for a long time to come.

Competing with the best in the field -- that's where Ashley and Timothy belong!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I meant to mention that Ashley & Timothy's skating to the music from "W.E." prompted me to watch the movie, which was very good.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Great news from her interview about her covid....so glad she is recovering fast.....Hit her like a hammer....She credits the vax with letting her recover in10 days to 2 weeks. I wonder which vax she got? Pfizer is good against Delta but maybe not as good as Moderna is. We shall see. I am so thankful for modern medical science....everyone be safe out there.

Attachments

• a vax effective.jpg
    a vax effective.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 2

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's Ashley and Tim's entire SP to White Crow, filmed by Jordan of On Ice Perspectives. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwdSbl1yCqk

I take back what I said earlier about wishing they hadn't chosen the music Kolyada did so well with just last year. This music is perfect for them: it's powerful and lyrical. Also, it's in a minor key, which I really like for them. The passion on Ashley's face, in particular, is marvelous. And then their unison in the step sequence is just sublime. There are so many micro-seconds that they could potentially get slightly off, but they stay beautifully together. This kind of unison is something few pairs even attempt at this point. I'm so glad they do; it's one of their great strengths.

I hope they can perform this program this well in competition -- after Ashley's completely recovered, of course. I always like to see them in the Challengers, but I'm sure they'll make a good decision about that. If I have to wait till Skate Canada, I will try to be patient. It must be hard for them to be patient -- but Ashley mentioned she's following the post-covid protocols strictly. Good for her!

Keep visualizing together, Ashley and Tim! You have so much to give to figure skating, so much that is unique. ❤️