Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Their Exhibition to "Get Up" by Leah LeDuc (is it only the surname coincidence or Leah LeDuc is Timothy's relative?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXIZFsAF7Lw

I'm nearly sure I remember the British Eurosport guys telling us one time that Leah is Tim's sister.

EDIT: Yep. Just found some articles confirming it.

Firstly, from a university radio station in Iowa:

Timothy LeDuc of Cedar Rapids has been dreaming of skating in the Olympics since he was a little kid. He says he used to tape U.S. Olympic figure skating on his VCR. He would re-watch it with his younger sister Leah until the tapes wore out. This year, he is an alternate for the U.S. figure skating pairs team with his partner, Ashley Cain.

Source: http://www.iowapublicradio.org/post...imothy-leduc-encourages-athletes-get#stream/0

And secondly, from a newspaper in Lake Placid:

In Lake Placid, they skated this season's short program, "Bella Belle," by The Electric Swing Circus, and an inspirational show program entitled "Get Up," by Leah LeDuc, Tim LeDuc's sister.

Source: http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/...nd-personal-with-LeDuc-and-Cain.html?nav=5074

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, she's tweeted, but the tweets aren't very informative. They just thank everyone for the support and say that she's been checked out at the hospital and will continue to recover at home. So... we still don't really know if she's all right. At least she's doing well enough to be coherent and on an electronic device, which is a start.

Also, the news about her falls has hit well outside the usual skating news sites; I went looking for her Twitter and Google results were stuffed with news outlets reporting on her fall. I just hope she's okay...

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If they're letting her continue recovery at home, that's good news I think. Also, I've been obsessing over her ... when I wasn't watching the GPF ... and it finally occurred to me that she'll have to be under observation for 24 to 48 hours before there's more medical information to release, unless she were to have a serious setback, which would be awful. That isn't what any of us want, so patience is our best option.

We can only hope and pray for the best, that she'll suffer no ill effects from this. :ghug:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If they're letting her continue recovery at home, that's good news I think. Also, I've been obsessing over her ... when I wasn't watching the GPF ... and it finally occurred to me that she'll have to be under observation for 24 to 48 hours before there's more medical information to release, unless she were to have a serious setback, which would be awful. That isn't what any of us want, so patience is our best option.

We can only hope and pray for the best, that she'll suffer no ill effects from this. :ghug:

Oh, that's true... didn't pick up on the letting her leave part. That is a good sign for sure. I'm still going to feel kind of sick until we get solid, concrete news about what's going on, whenever that's available, which might not be for some time. What an awful, awful situation.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, it is awful. I'm thinking they might order two weeks complete rest, then re-evaluate. I remember that's what drs. did when Gaby Papadakis had a concussion.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Also, the news about her falls has hit well outside the usual skating news sites; I went looking for her Twitter and Google results were stuffed with news outlets reporting on her fall. I just hope she's okay...
Abdulio Ramirez's YouTube record of the program has over 134,000 views.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just seen the FS video and the fall was awful. Their performance should have been stopped by the referee. Poor Ashley. I hope she recovers quickly. And poor Timothy. He was so devastated in the K&C.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope no one feels I'm being flippant or inappropriate, but I'm following Ashley's lead. Here's what she tweeted or IG or smth :

https://twitter.com/icegirlash?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

- - - Updated - - -

You have to click on the picture to see what Ashley said.

I admit, I LOL'd at that pic and caption. Her having a sense of humor is a really great sign. I was a bit worried that she might leave skating or at least leave her partnership--I suppose health-wise that can't yet be ruled out, but those kinds of falls are understandably the kind to make skaters think twice. If she's cracking jokes about it, sounds like that's not the case in this situation. Whew!

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just saw a video of the fall, it looked awful. I'm surprised she got up and continued. I hope she heals quickly and gets her confidence back quickly as well.

noskates

Record Breaker
The video of the fall was horrible. I wonder if they'll amend any rules or set some policy addressing the fact the referee allowed them to continue. She looked pretty shaken and conceivably could have hurt herself again.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was so shaken when I saw that, I can’t imagine going to YouTube and watching it again:hopelessness:

Also I feel so devastated for Timothy as well, particularly with folks going on about what he should have known or what he should have done. The poor guy feels bad enough, I’m sure, and needs support, not criticism.

Prayers for healing for both of them:pray:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just saw Chris' thread in Le Cafe, and ran in here to find out what on Earth happened.

I haven't seen what happened. And from what I have read both here and in the other thread, I don't want to.

So, all I will do is to wish Ashley all the best with her recovery.

But, as I say any time somebody gets injured, don't try to rush the recovery. We don't want you doing yourself any further damage.

And that is a very real possibility when it comes to neck and spine injuries. So, be extra cautious, Ash!

CaroLiza_fan

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's posted an update on her instagram. Says that at the end of the day she's healthy, and asks that no blame be assigned, and that they have plenty of time to heal before nationals.

So that's promising!

noskates

Record Breaker
Anyone who would suggest that Timothy was irresponsible in any way is just totally out of line. The trust between pairs partners cannot be overstated. He probably felt worse than she did. I hate it when people start second-guessing accidents as if they were there and knew what was going through the heads of the participants. Pairs is a risky discipline and both partners know the possibilities when they go down that road. They work off ice for hours to perfect lifts and then on ice for more hours. It was an unfortunate accident and I hope Ashley is okay and is able to compete again. Anything less than that is unfair to both Ashley and Tim.