Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Anyone who would suggest that Timothy was irresponsible in any way is just totally out of line. The trust between pairs partners cannot be overstated. He probably felt worse than she did. I hate it when people start second-guessing accidents as if they were there and knew what was going through the heads of the participants. Pairs is a risky discipline and both partners know the possibilities when they go down that road. They work off ice for hours to perfect lifts and then on ice for more hours. It was an unfortunate accident and I hope Ashley is okay and is able to compete again. Anything less than that is unfair to both Ashley and Tim.

Well said!!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A little scary still to see her arriving back in the states at the airport in a neck and back brace.

Yes, but when I think of her having to fly to Texas from Croatia, I'm glad they took that precaution.

But, as I say any time somebody gets injured, don't try to rush the recovery. We don't want you doing yourself any further damage.

CaroLiza_fan

This. ^^ Actually, what worries me most at this point is that Ashley will be too focused on getting back on the ice, making it to nationals. I mean, it's natural, she's a competitor, she's not wanting to miss the opportunity of nationals. But this could be well put off, in favor of being extra careful. They'll have another chance at nationals. But when you're young, it's hard to see it that way. (On topic but slightly off kilter: When she came back to skate again after 16 years, Deanna Stellato said with an ironic smile: "When I was seventeen, I didn't think I had another two years.")

On the other hand, maybe they won't want to wait too long; that could also mess with one's emotions. Well, I'll just say I hope they'll follow the doctors' orders to the letter and that Ashley gets every bit of support and coddling and company that she can stand! I recall Gaby Papadakis saying that depression was one result of her concussion, for weeks. And living alone at the time made that harder.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I didn't follow Golden Spin so I realized what happened only now. The fall looked really scary and as many others I don't understand how the referee could let it continue. I hope Ashley will be OK after this and agree that pair ladies are pretty tough.

princessalica

Final Flight
She posted a picture that made it clear that she is currently not allowed to workout - so she's still recovering.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone heard anything new?

I hope that without ice time for Ashley, both she and Tim are engaged in some intensive therapy for PTSd. That would be a great use of this time. It would be like the Native American ceremonies for warriors before they can return to the peaceful community ... take care of the trauma in advance of prolonged ill effects.

musicfan80

Medalist
Honestly, I would rather see them withdraw from Nationals and make sure Ashley recovered 1000000% before they start back to any decent training, much less the workup to something like Nationals. Hugs to them both!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tim and Ashley are performing at the Galleria in Dallas this weekend with Keegan.

So clearly, her doctor is letting her perform again.

She seems to be doing well.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
After the plague of lift issues for the teams preceding them, it made me extra tense for their lift elements at Nationals, but they came through strongly. Great comeback for them.

Finley

Record Breaker
What a difference a month makes! Congratulations to these two! Go do that again at Worlds!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Congratulations to Ashley and Tim on winning the US Nationals. It was a well deserved victory. They skated beautifully, I love the way they use their arms, always so in sync. This style and music works so well for them. Their delight in the K&C was brilliant and also the reaction of her father. Major kudos for coming so strong after the fall and concussion in Zagreb.

Onwards to 4CC and Worlds. If they skate this well again they will be at the top end of the field.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All the Best of Luck and Skating to Ashley and Tim in ... let's see .... about 2 hours! at 4CC.

I was in the arena, 4th row, at Nationals FS, and being an Ashley/Tim uber from the get-go in late 2016, I am so thrilled. My daughter and son-in-law were with me. Before the last 2 groups of pairs, he asked me (after I'd alerted them to the positives of several of the couples) ... "okay. But which pair is your favorite?" I said A/T. And against many odds and challenges, they've now shown how beautiful they are, what a unique pair, and how absolutely dedicated they are to improvement step by step and progress over time.

I have to highlight one of the extremely interesting things: During those first 2 weeks after the injury, following concussion protocol, all Ashley could do was visualize the programs step by step as she planned to skate them at Nationals. Tim joined her in this. I hope they continue this practice, because I'm convinced it played a part in their performance. Having said that, let's never forget that they seized their moment and made it theirs.

Funny story: when the final group skated out for their warm-up, I was chatting, reading program/one eye on the ice, when this tall skater in a white warm-up jacket streaked past me, and my lizard brain went, "who's that?" It took me a couple of seconds to realize it was Ashley. Just in that moment, speeding across the ice, she was breathtaking. Needless to say, that word continues in my mind with all that followed.

I've written a lot about Ashley and Tim in the U.S. Pairs 2018-19 thread in the Edge. Join us there if you're inclined!

After the plague of lift issues for the teams preceding them, it made me extra tense for their lift elements at Nationals, but they came through strongly. Great comeback for them.

Even before K/K skated, there were several pairs who had wobbly lifts right in front of me, and it was very unsettling. Given that lift troubles seemed to be in the air, it's even more wonderful how A/T came back with flying colors. They did not let any doubts deter them.

Also, (as Ice Desk commentators noted), as soon as Ashley and Tim began, I had this feeling of okay, they're going to do this, they're going to win it. They're going to give us something special. On top of that, they gave us a feel-good, inspiring finish of the event. I'm so proud of them both.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I've been rewatching some of their programmes, and what strikes me the most every time (even taking into account that horrible fall at Golden Spin) is the way how they just seem to be two very good mates who enjoy skating with each other. In fact, even after that fall, Ashley was very clear in her not wanting blame attached to anyone, let a;pne Tim. There is no forced 'love' interest as everyone knows that doesn't exist (and can't exist), but there is this rapport, this big friendship which is obvious for anyone who is willing to see. To me they always look like two friends who just enjoy skating together. I also think that's exactly the reason why it works with her parents being coaches which could be horrific if Tim had been any different kind of guy. I'm a big fan, even though I realise there are better pairs (some of whom I'm also a fan). But certainly not better mates!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Big congratulations to Ashley and Tim for finishing 9th at World Championships ... and Big Thanks for earning and re-claiming 2 pairs spots for USA to next year's Worlds. That was a huge accomplishment.

Their 9th place finish is even more impressive, considering that they made a major error on an element in both programs. The rest of what they did raised them up, and kept them up. That speaks so well for the quality of their skating and their pairs elements. This year, they made excellent strides in being placed before the eyes of the international judges. I'm so proud of them. And what a testament to their commitment and connection as partners. Well done, you two!
:dance3:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone else been stressing the tiniest bit over whether Ashley's upcoming marriage and the fact that she and Tim achieved ALL their goals this year might cause them to lose a little momentum? I have so much of my heart invested in this team ... so I'm reallly hoping they'll be galvanized by their successes to go for more.

Here's Ashley's tweet announcing next year's SP, "A Storm Is Coming." Choreographed by Misha Ge!

https://twitter.com/mishageofficial/status/1126743138729488384

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I honestly never gave much consideration to the thoughts you posted. Sometimes life gets in the way of skating (as in marriage), but I get the impression that they are SO committed to their partnership. I guess only time will tell. Anxious to see their new programs and to see how Misha's choreo works out for them. Haven't seen anything yet about the FS. Also am wondering If they'll be at Sk Amer. As National Champions, I would think they will be.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I honestly never gave much consideration to the thoughts you posted. Sometimes life gets in the way of skating (as in marriage), but I get the impression that they are SO committed to their partnership. I guess only time will tell. Anxious to see their new programs and to see how Misha's choreo works out for them. Haven't seen anything yet about the FS. Also am wondering If they'll be at Sk Amer. As National Champions, I would think they will be.

The SA publicity that I have seen on Twitter has two photos of Ashley and Tim, both from the Bella Belle SP, so I’m hoping they will:thumbsup:

Also, I can’t link because I’m on the iPad, but I loved Ashley’s IG post of Tim managing to showcase her practice fall as though it were choreo. So cute:)