2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Ladies SP

charmblade

Final Flight
When ? I understand people want to watch live but it's been years of awfull service. Why keep going ?
Really a waste of money. Satoko was up a few minutes after her skate.

But YouTube videos can be hit or miss. For example, the YT uploaded hasn't added the dance competition. IN is at least a guaranteed stream and on demand service. The quality is really unacceptable but it's just unfortunately the easy option. Also, when I miss an event completely I like to be able to sit down later and put on one video and see the entire competition instead of constantly searching through YouTube and trying to watch vids in chronological order.

Matilda

Medalist
I always feel bad for skaters who don't have a coach with them in K&C. The organizers should maybe provide a surrogate...

charmblade

Final Flight
I'm glad Tursynbaeva kept her short program, she didn't get a full season out of it and I really like it.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But YouTube videos can be hit or miss. For example, the YT uploaded hasn't added the dance competition. IN is at least a guaranteed stream and on demand service. The quality is really unacceptable but it's just unfortunately the easy option. Also, when I miss an event completely I like to be able to sit down later and put on one video and see the entire competition instead of constantly searching through YouTube and trying to watch vids in chronological order.

Yes, this. Watching the programs only is no fun for me; I like watching them all in order with the in between time and the "feel" of the event too. It's the communal aspect and the energy of competition that's fun for me. Just watching program after program on YT when I already know the scores is blah.

Just subcribe to some YT channels. Didn't have to search for anything, they were all there. But yes, I can see the replay is nice and usefull. This is maybe worth it.
By the way, the dance vids are up too. Not all yet because the uploaders may have choose to put first the ladies up but quite sure the others will come later given who it is.

Paul & Islam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK7tTQEm1qE

Min & Gamelin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeXqcSR3QKA

Muramoto & Reed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbps36Gm3i4

Smart & Diaz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqmz4ylfmbE

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I agree, watching an archived event is like watching a football game when you already know the score. You have seen the highlights, so why bother?
And half the fun is being in threads like this and interacting with fellow skating fans!

katymay

Medalist
Reading you all I wonder why you pay when it's up on YT ten minutes later. This is NOT a criticism. Or one directed at the USFSA not the subcribers.

Because IN also has feeds of regionals/sectionals. Otherwise, you are correct. If you didn't want regionals or sectionals , I would say skip IN>

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
IN is kind of like that nursery rhyme: "when it is good, it is very, very good, but when it is bad it is horrid"

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Oh God, that girl sit next to Dabin, is the first "next Yuna Kim", who always tagged along Yuna after 2010... then she disappeared. yet Yuna is still competing for Korea... Now she is a coach? A coach who is more showy in the K&C than the skater.

tinlizzie

Final Flight
Oh God, that girl sit next to Dabin, is the first "next Yuna Kim", who always tagged along Yuna after 2010... then she disappeared. yet Yuna is still competing for Korea... Now she is a coach? A coach who is more showy in the K&C than the skater.

I saw that! She was overly concerned with her hair rather than her skater:palmf:

Biellmann

Match Penalty

It' s so sad when skaters are called "the next so and so". Every skater is unique and has the right to have his own identity, not to be a "copy" of someone else :bang:

burntBREAD

Medalist

I thought it might've been Min-Jung Kwak, but I wasn't 100% sure. She seemed to be making some progress when she was with Brian Orser very briefly, but she quickly burned out in just a couple of years. Did have strong showings at her first two international championships (4CC and Olympics) though!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Just got home from work so I've only had a chance to watch Mariah's and Satoko's programs.

Mariah: I love this program for her so I'm glad they kept it. I guess she skated well, but the spark or joy seems gone. Maybe nerves doing a competition so soon after a coaching change?

Satoko: She is so charming and skates so very gracefully and prettily, but...if they just wanted a pretty charming waltz, why use Musetta (which is the kind of character driven music Ashley excels at) instead of Lehar or Strauss? And worse, Satoko is very musical, but the choreographer basically just ignores the music - which doesn't allow Satoko to showcase one of her greatest strengths. Too bad.

Okay off my soap box.

chloepoco

Medalist
Satoko: She is so charming and skates so very gracefully and prettily, but...if they just wanted a pretty charming waltz, why use Musetta (which is the kind of character driven music Ashley excels at) instead of Lehar or Strauss? And worse, Satoko is very musical, but the choreographer basically just ignores the music - which doesn't allow Satoko to showcase one of her greatest strengths. Too bad.

Okay off my soap box.

I'm not sure what you consider to be one of Satoko's greatest strengths, but I thought this music was perfect for Satoko, and she performed it beautifully. Not sure we watched the same program, because I thought the choreography was spot on with the music, for the most part.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
So many terrible illusion spins.... :scard8:

Heartbroken for my little firecrackers Karen and Elizabet. Here's hoping they do better during the GP.