Gracie Gold will win this competition | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold will win this competition

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
LOL at the title at a first glance..because I thought for a sec is there another girl named Gracie Gold on the junior circuit after watching some fusses over the threads named "Skater X will Win the competition"? However, that is not a case for this time. Secondly, icenetwork proclaimed for the Worlds already..despite Gracie's 4th finish at the Boston Worlds where she was expected to win on her home ice. I like Gracie a lot, but unless she is able to hold on her nerves in competition, she can't live up to the high expectation. I've not read the article yet though.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm starting to think the IN social media person reads GS and totally trolling all of us.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
They are predicting she'll win 2017 Worlds.

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
According to IN prognosticator Xiong, all the top ten pairs at Worlds will have "at least a quad". I'll be tuning in for that, for sure.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I think that is half the point of this prediction article... i don't think it is supposed to be taken too seriously.

Agree with Stitch :agree:.

The title of the article in the tweet is:
Going out on a limb: Bold predictions for 2016-17
Icenetwork contributors list off some long-shot prognostications

Posted 9/16/16
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016/09/16/192411118

A year ago, IN published an analogous article for last season:
Going out on a limb: Bold predictions for 2015-16
Icenetwork contributors list off some long-shot prognostications

Posted 9/15/15
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/09/15/137019920/going-out-on-a-limb-bold-predictions-for-2015-16

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, we now can laugh :laugh: or cry :sad4: over the unreliability of some of the predictions for 2015-16 from IN contributors:

- Lynn Rutherford: "Gracie Gold breaks a decade-long drought and brings home the first U.S. ladies world title since Kimmie Meissner in 2006."
- Nick McCarvel: "Ashley Wagner wins another U.S. title."
- Klaus-Reinhold Kany: "Two U.S ladies will win a medal at the world championships."

- Rosewater: "Patrick Chan will win a fourth world title after taking last season off from competition."
- Rutherford: "Patrick Chan puts out two clean skates to win his fourth world title."
- Kany: "Patrick Chan will win his fourth world title."

- Rosewater: "Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim will place in the top five at worlds, giving the U.S. its highest finish at the event since 2006."
- Rutherford: "U.S. pairs gain three spots for the 2017 World Figure Skating Championships."
- Luchianov: "Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim medal at worlds."
- McCarvel: "A U.S. pairs team will finish inside the top five at worlds for the first time since 2006 (Rena Inoue and John Baldwin, fourth)."

- Rosewater: "Madison Chock and Evan Bates will win their first world title."
- Kany: "Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker will qualify for worlds and finish in the top 10 there."

I'm starting to think the IN social media person reads GS and totally trolling all of us.

If true (and I think it might be), can't blame IN for mocking the silliness of these thread titles, which are absolutely mock-worthy.

[Or here's a new theory :laugh:: Could the IN social media person be none other than our own mischievous :devil: sabinfire?]

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
I had not seen this thread before:eeking:..... Icenetwork should not be making these predictions, looking at the season up to now they have basically jinxed the poor skaters, look at the pairs: everyone mentioned is either injured or had a not so good start of the season, not to mention Gracie of course. :palmf:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Kinda hard to win Worlds when you didn't even make the World team. Good call, icenetwork! :palmf:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

- Lynn Rutherford: "Gracie Gold breaks a decade-long drought and brings home the first U.S. ladies world title since Kimmie Meissner in 2006."
- Nick McCarvel: "Ashley Wagner wins another U.S. title."
- Klaus-Reinhold Kany: "Two U.S ladies will win a medal at the world championships."

- Rosewater: "Patrick Chan will win a fourth world title after taking last season off from competition."
- Rutherford: "Patrick Chan puts out two clean skates to win his fourth world title."
- Kany: "Patrick Chan will win his fourth world title."

- Rosewater: "Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim will place in the top five at worlds, giving the U.S. its highest finish at the event since 2006."
- Rutherford: "U.S. pairs gain three spots for the 2017 World Figure Skating Championships."
- Luchianov: "Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim medal at worlds."
- McCarvel: "A U.S. pairs team will finish inside the top five at worlds for the first time since 2006 (Rena Inoue and John Baldwin, fourth)."

- Rosewater: "Madison Chock and Evan Bates will win their first world title."
- Kany: "Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker will qualify for worlds and finish in the top 10 there."

Was it not enough for them to keep the hexes to their own? Why did they have to jinx Patrick too?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From the original article:

Nick McCarvel: "It'll be an 'off' year for Gracie Gold. I think she'll push herself to try new things the year before the Olympic season rolls around, and that will mean some growing pains."

Nick McCarvel was the closest to predicting Gracie's season; pushing herself to try new things follows her looking for a new coaching situation. Although it was Frank who gave her the push. not her.