2016 US Intl FS Classic Mens FP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 US Intl FS Classic Mens FP

charmblade

Final Flight
I love that Brendan is skating to Pirates, and doing a darn good job.

karne, did you see it??? He was sooo good!

He actually has two programs this year that are really good.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Okay, well, a new PB of nine points... I mean, I know this is the only one that counts, but last year's Autumn Classic was 200.something I think. Not too bad for having one international comp a year, you know?

Sean had two internationals last year: Autumn Classic + Golden Spin.

Golden Spin is a Challenger, so his ISU PBs from there:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs_pb_00013314.htm

Which he now has far surpassed here in SLC :yay:.

(Go, Brendan :yay:. I don't have streaming ... hope he is doing well?)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Brandon Kerry: POTC soundtrack. Purple pirate shirt with wine colored sash. Doing Karne proud. A step out or two foot here and there, but no falls or pops. Needs to work on his spins. Exhausted but happy finish much like my last weekend

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah, I remember that and being surprised (and impressed) at how well he did it, and the guts to take it on when worlds were in Japan. Daisuke's my fave (and honestly I think most skaters, even very good ones, can't match him artistically), but Max had a good go at it.

It's still one of my favourite SPs of his, but it got a LOT of criticism. Still haven't figured out why.

YES YES YES! GO BRENDAN! WOOOOOOO! TWO QUADS!

WAS THAT 148?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

aND MY STREAM ACTUALLY WORKED FOR LIKE 90% OF THAT

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
mrrice ... I was trying to teach you about the IN results page in the other thread, so you would not be dependent on others

For what it is worth i have had the results page stop updating for me randomly. Even on refresh it would not update for me yesterday... but was fine another browser. So some may be having issues accessing it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
WAAAAAH! IT WAS! 148! 148! yesyesyesyes! And it wasn't clean! OMG!

Art&Sport

Medalist
I know Ross is using his same sp music/ program from last season. Is he also using his same fp music/choreo?

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean had two internationals last year: Autumn Classic + Golden Spin.

Golden Spin is a Challenger, so his ISU PBs from there:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs_pb_00013314.htm

Which he now has far surpassed here in SLC :yay:.

(Go, Brendan :yay:. I don't have streaming ... hope he is doing well?)

Oh right, I'd totally forgotten about Golden Spin last year! Yeah, that comp didn't go so well for him... so glad this one went well. :D

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For what it is worth i have had the results page stop updating for me randomly. Even on refresh it would not update for me yesterday... but was fine another browser. So some may be having issues accessing it.

Yes, and in the dance thread, I copied and pasted for someone who was having that kind of trouble.

But ... when someone who is motivated and otherwise very capable hasn't had a chance to learn how to fish, I like to help them learn how to fish :).

Last edited:

charmblade

Final Flight
I know Ross is using his same sp music/ program from last season. Is he also using his same fp music/choreo?

No, he's using different Queen songs. It starts with Somebody to Love, I wasn't sure of the second song, and the last one is Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Yes, and in the dance thread, I copied and pasted for someone who was having that kind of trouble.

But ... when someone who is motivated and otherwise very capable hasn't had a chance to learn how to fish, I like to help them learn how to fish :).

I agree with you on this point... i just wanted the reminder out there that the stream is no the only part of icenetwork that is unreliable. For all i know they were having issues.