Alexey Erokhov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alexey Erokhov

leilaraj

On the Ice
I‘m wondering, is he still with Team Tutberidze? He is not on Daniil‘s picture of the training camp group.. Daniil is also not following him on insta anymore (I know this does not have to mean anything but still)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I‘m wondering, is he still with Team Tutberidze? He is not on Daniil‘s picture of the training camp group.. Daniil is also not following him on insta anymore (I know this doesn‘t not have to mean anything but still)

I haven't heard any rumors about him leaving. He just gave interviews and he was clearly there at that time. I did wonder where he was but he could have been on another practice session plus in his video interview, he said he wasn't supposed to jump until June.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
We don't know if he will participate in Senior test skates. They are in 2 weeks. He has aged out of Juniors.

Checking every available listing, Erokhov is still listed under Khrustalniy, but with administrative backlogs, that doesn't say much.

Suddenly getting the boot on social media do seem to be a reliable indicator as of late.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexey has moved to Butsaeva. Maybe she can help restart his career.

Figure skating coach Victoria Butsaeva told RIA Novosti that the 2018 world junior champion Alexei Erokhov, who had previously trained with Eteri Tutberidze , began working in her group.

Twenty-year-old Erokhov is also the champion of Russia in 2018 among juniors. Since 2011, the skater trained in the Tutberidze group.
"Alexey started working in our group. I talked with Daniil (Gleichengauz - the coach of the Tutberidze group), the athlete also talked with the team of Eteri Georgievna, they decided and closed this question (of the transition)," Butsaeva said over the phone.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200702/1573819888.html

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Coach: injury does not bother Erokhov, he is ready to work

2018 World Junior Champion Alexei Erokhov assured that he was no longer worried about the injury and that he was ready to work at full strength, figure skater Victoria Butsaeva told RIA Novosti.

Twenty-year-old Erokhov, who is also the champion of Russia in 2018 among juniors, switched to Butsaeva from the group of Eteri Tutberidze. "As I understood from his words, the injury is healed, it does not bother him, while he is under the supervision of a doctor who controls him. The athlete expressed his willingness to work," Butsaeva said over the phone.

“His main task now is to recover, because he did not ride for three months,” the trainer added.
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200706/1573963887.html

Because what else was he supposed to say? :slink: Health to him!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
From my enthusiastic posts in various threads some of you might have guessed that I was very impressed by Alexei's free skate at CoR last week. I didn't follow his career before (I'm more of a St. Petersburg skating school kind of girl ;) ), but I just had to go back and watch through his performances from seasons past. And I must admit, I fell in love with his skating. The speed across the ice and the flow in his jump combos is just breath-taking! So now I'm wondering, might he have an outside chance for the Olympic team? The tech is certainly there, and lots of potential to upgrade his FS by repeating a quad in combination and adding a second trixel. I also found a recent video of him jumping a loop combo.
However his season plays out, I am very glad I discovered this talented skater and I'll keep my fingers crossed for him to show us many more inspired performances!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Good interview with Alexey:
Thanks for sharing!
In my journey through Alexey's skating history I also came across this interview from May 2019 and found that it hasn't been posted here yet. Just ignore the interviewer and focus on Alexey ;) (btw, I have to get used to spelling the name with a "y" at the end..)

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Some chicken soup for the soul for Alexey's fans: After the ups and downs of the last years it does the heart good to see him happy and with strong, confident jumps in his appearances on youtube channel Skating Skills. This channel is the gift that keeps on giving. It also has some cute content from Stasya Konstantinova, Artem Kovalev, and Ilya Yablokov. But back to Alexey:
- Alexey and the combo jump challenge (featuring 3A-Eu-3S-Eu-3S and 3F-Eu-3S-Eu-3S-Eu-3S, 3F-Eu-3S-3T-Eu-3S)
- Team Bat Mobil vs. Team Black Boomer (featuring "How fast can you tie your skates?" and a friendly hockey match)
- Alexey and the team jumping challenge part 1
- Alexey and the team jumping challenge part 2 + the aftermath (featuring 3F-3Lo)