Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii

LRK

Record Breaker
Posted by Dima in honour of Igor Moskvin's 90th birthday:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1yXl5Pokez/

He wrote:
Today Igor Borisovich Moskvin celebrates his anniversary �� World Figure Skating Legend ⛸ I heartily congratulate Igor Borisovich and his whole family. I am proud that our couple is part of this Great Story✨

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
They seem like completely flawless. Moskvina did an amazing work with those two.

LRK

Record Breaker
The SP:

Awesome!

The FP:

Not as flawless, but I find it exilerating nonetheless - they have definitely got the personalities to carry off a program like this. And they have time to iron out any kinks before Finlandia, which I believe is their first competition this season.

Artemisa

Final Flight

Thank you ... Well i don't like the music for them .... this is the kind of program that needs a certain maturity ( like ksenia) ... they have the personality but I don't think they are ready for that kind of program....

In the other hand I think I will have a different opion in a few weeks because I think this program isn't ready yet

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
https://www.1tv.ru/sport/predsezonn...-domashnih-zhivotnyh-i-vazhnosti-obrazovaniya
Can a kind soul who speaks Russian please translate what they're saying :pray:
Please welcome while I'm generous today. :biggrin:

You don't look pretty happy. What happened?

D: A mistake had been made.
S: And not one.
D: One big mistake was. I want to say, it happens, it's ok. It is just what the test skates exist for, to feel the routines, since they are absolutely new for us. And as I said before to your colleagues we need time to feel them. I think and hope that by the season's main competitions we will have that feelings and senses.

But this is what the test skates are for: hard to learn, easy to fight.

S: We hope so, but it is never easy.

So we have seen a smile on your face.

S: But one should smile anyway.

What are your feelings of these two days, not only from skating, but in general altogether?

D: Of course it wasn't easy but it's a pleasure to come back to season, a pleasure to feel the audience vibes again and this atmosphere.
S: It was a pleasure for me to feel tension, and of course the audience vibes and the adrenalin that you get when skating in front of the public and judges, it is incomparable with anything.

You had a summer exibitions experience. How helpful it was?

D: You know, how heplful it was we will judge more closely to the start of competitive season. And so far it was a very interesting experience for us and I think it was a healthy shock and a good training camp for us.

Many your fellow skaters say that yesterday they watched Khabib Nurmagomedov's fight, today they are going to watch the US Open final. What are your preferences in sport? Do you have enough time to follow something other than figure skating?

S: Yesterday we didn' t manage to see Khabib's fight because we were having analytical reviwew of our routines, but we wanted to.
D: Anyway we try to follow the achievements of our fellow-country athletes and it is a big pleasure when they win and bring victories to our country. Unfortunately we can't always follow it live, but anyway we try to express our gratitude if we meet someone of them.

Today is tennis. Daniil Medvedev is not only a tennis player, but he graduated from a college of physics and mathematics. And they say it hepls a lot to him. In general, how much non sportive education helps in sports?

D: It allows you to distract and switch. Because if you fixate only on sports, on figure skating you are anyway overloaded emotionally. And education, some hobbies and interests allow you to distract, to redirect your energy, to balance emotional tension we get from our performances.
S: I can add that if you know mathematics and physics it“s easier for you to understand and calculate what you are doing, what you need to do if something went wrong. And of course, social science, literature, Russian [she means native language] are very important subjects. They help you to develop your speech when you give an interview or communicate with other people. And of course foreign languages are always helpful. So education develops you more intellectually.
D: Anyway everything goes from one' s head. Education provides training for the most important muscle in the organism, that is brain. And since your nerves connections are okay, it's easier for you to skate, to control everything on the ice.

Your hobbies and interests?

S: Frankly speaking, literature now because I'm going to have graduate exams. I will take exams in literature, social science, Russian. I will need it all. Now I try not to distract in many fields and I am concentrated on my studies. I can't call it hobby.
D: It's hard for me too to choose something specific since because of being busy I do many different things. It is not only reading books, but also building some LEGO sets. Anyway whenever you have an opportunity to try something new I think it's worth doing it, if it helps your developing, first and foremost spiritually. That“s why it is always interesting to try something new, to open new horizonts.

Some skaters take their pets with them. Whom do you have if you do?

D: I'm allergic to cats and dogs and I don't have anyone.
S: I can't imagine living without pets. I have a cat, a Main Coon, 9 years old already. But I don’t take her to competitions.

So, Dmitrii, only parrots are left for you?

D: No, no one is left for me.
S: Maybe some fishes?
D: Parrots need to take care of them. And when I come home after practices I would like to take a little care of myself.

Thank you very much, guys. A very lucky season to you.

S&D: Thank you.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
A fantastic progression from last season!

It's great to see that they've upped the technical difficulty and transitions (I think their program had more then all the other teams?) and that they appear to do it all smoothly with no hesitating or jerkiness in their movements. They really have more command of the ice as well.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Please welcome an interview after the test skates' first day https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=VWqq1ad_S0c

Aleksandra, Dmitrii, congratulations on a new season“s beginning. Last season you rushed into senior skating, achieved a lot, set some records [probably she means SB], became our youngest Europeans' medalists since 1986 after Alexander Grinkov [ o gosh, reporter missed Sergei's name].
What records are you going to set this season?

D: You know, I think actually none of the athlete sets a goal to beat some existing records. First and foremost their intension is to overcome themselves. And in this season we have a lot stuff to work about and we want to get better and better and better as the season advances forward. We have a lot of work to do, so we met this season calm and adequate, and I definitely can say: Last season is already history and we want to go on doing what we successed to do last season and strive for the bigger and the better. But we have, I hope, a long way ahead of us.

How did you prepare for this season? Was it different comparing to last year?

S: This year we had two training camps, last year only one. This year we were both to Sochi and Kislovodsk. And just two weeks before test skates we went to show in Italy, where we had been skating for five days every day free programme in the first section and short one in the second. And it seems to me it was a very good preparation.
D: You know, I wouldn“t even call that show, since originally we went there not to sparkle before the audience, but to get a practice of skating new routines before the audience. And so it turned out to be our training camp.
S: The third.
D: Frankly speaking I can say that we actually had three training camps and two of them were in the mountains. Kislovodsk is in the mountains and in Italy we performed in the mountains at high altitude. So this was our preparation for this season.

We read your admiring commentaries in social media where you were in Italy in different cities. Regarding to shows, does it help somehow in competitive practices?

S: I think it's right to say that we'll see it now in this season.
D: In the show you are a bit relaxed, you haven't in your subconscience an idea that you need to do everything. Since you understand, there are no judges and the audience is more loyal to everyting, and it allows you even to reveal yourself during these shows. You reveal such moments where you understand that you can have a little rest, can do a much more broad movement and that's why taking part in shows is important for a skater. It helps in such a calm environment to reveal yourself and reveal your possibilities.

Your attitude to test skates? What does it mean for you? Many people go to skate in practice costumes. You wore beatiful costumes you are going to...

D: I can say, these are not our perfomance costumes. Our costumes for competitions are being designed yet.

And your attitude to test skates as a whole?

S: It's serious.
D: It's a very seriuous event and how you were able to see, all chief and the most important people of Russian figure skating attend it.
S: It' s like mini Russian senior nationals, but in Septmber instead of December.
D: And without scoring and placements. It's a very cool event that takes place every year. Since during it we can feel how to skate routines in competition mode, to get feedback and recommendations from top experts about the execution of our elements, about our routines. And it is arranged in such period that before important competitions, before Grand Prix events we can change something in our routines to improve and polish them. It is very responsible and very serious. I would even call it a serious competition.

A few words about your short programme, why this music choice and about technical elements.
This routine like in the last year, was coreographed by Natalya Bestemianova and Igor Bobrin. They sugested the music. But I can say when we were making this routine, it was transformed and changed many times. And the same refers to the music cuts. Now you see a final version, before which there were ...
S: Five versions for sure.
D: Much more. A great deal of rough drafts. And, you know, we had a manuscript and now we made a book out of it. But we hope this book will be even better.

Good luck in free skate.
S & D: Thank you.

LRK

Record Breaker
So, apparently they are currently in second with a score of 76.93. Has anyone seen a video of their program?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So, apparently they are currently in second with a score of 76.93. Has anyone seen a video of their program?

I don't have any video links as of right now, but I watched them and they did great :luv17:

Lovechihuahua

Match Penalty
A fantastic short program by B/K, their performance really blew my mind, I would put them in the first place over P/J.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://youtu.be/HmGvBbL1bH4?t=4460

So the video quality is bad, but the stream is still archived for now. Go and watch Sasha and Mitya (for those of you who missed them), the only thing I'd have changed was their costumes.