Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Last year P/J were contending for the world podium and considering the fact this event was on their own home turf and nobody made any mistakes for B/K to be behind only .19 is fantastic. They judges are clearly moving them up to first class :cool:

fingers crossed for the FS :pray:

LRK

Record Breaker
Me too ... I really didn't like their costumes ...I prefered the smoking + jumpsuit ...

From the test skates? That's what they wore for the free skate - for the SP Dima wore trousers & a shirt, and Aleksandra wore her old Nutcracker dress. We'll have to wait and see what the new FP costumes will look like.

Note: I neither like nor dislike these costumes - of course I can't see them all that clearly, so there is that.;)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12docPbbbWM

Shanghai Trophy FS video for those who missed it. I love Sasha's dress, but well Mitya's costume was not something I was excited for a Jame Bond program... At least give him a real bowtie :sad4:

I'm still yet undecided on the program, while this new, dramatic style does have its intrigue (and Sasha and Mitya's great chemistry help a lot) the two of them are inherently classical and well this is no Pas de Deux... Oh well, I can decide after seeing it skated clean.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I really like the program itself but can they fix their death spiral issue? They always received very low levels and GOEs for it but today they got just B :palmf:

Artemisa

Final Flight
I loved the costumes ... it's not my favourite kind of program ( yes i wanted ballet for them) ... but is growing on me ...

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Poor Aleksanda looked very upset in the k&c. It was sweet to see Dmitrii comfort her.

I'm a little worried since they weren't clean at either the test skate or here so hopefully they bounce back in their first GP event.

LRK

Record Breaker
I like the program. I feel as if they aren't quite selling it 100% yet, but it's a bit of a departure for them, and I feel they performed it better here than at the test skate, where the performance felt a little tentative - as if they were still thinking their way through it. I hope it will have settled even more, and they'll be able to perform it even betterm at their next event.:)

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I definitely see potential for the FS too. It definitely "clicked" more here then it did at the test skate even with the mistakes. Hopefully with more mileage it gets even better.

They really come alive and shine in the SP though, especially her. It makes me want to see them try a waltz. Something like "My Sweet and Tender Beast" would be amazing

Artemisa

Final Flight
I definitely see potential for the FS too. It definitely "clicked" more here then it did at the test skate even with the mistakes. Hopefully with more mileage it gets even better.

They really come alive and shine in the SP though, especially her. It makes me want to see them try a waltz. Something like "My Sweet and Tender Beast" would be amazing

Yes , they would be perfect for that music .... but why you have to mention that?:hpull: Now I have one more music add to my dream list for them .. :drama:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I really like this programme...if Alexandra would smile a bit more as she did last year, she'd be a lovely Bond girl. I'm hoping that lovely smile comes back once they get more of a feel for this rather spectacular choice for such a beautiful classic pair. Dmitrii looks as if he is a real support, and that's always nice to see. I'm sure they'll bounce back and continue improving through the season!

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I suppose we aren't going to see them skate again (in any capacity) until their first GP event?

I have to say being a fan is both great and terrible all at the same time. I love seeing them skate but I get so nervous. It's hard not to get personally attached.
So an early good luck and fingers crossed for the season from me to them! I'll still be a fan no matter what happens

LRK

Record Breaker
The way I know I've transitioned into being a "fan" instead of "just" liking or loving a skater, is by the amount of fear I experience as I watch them skate.;)

Of course what with all these tv rights shenanigans, the danger of my having to experience the dread of seeing them skate live keeps diminishing… I will have to live in hope that I'll catch a YouTube video before it disappears…

Artemisa

Final Flight
Counting the days for there season debut in the grand prix .. gettingo to the final will be difficult

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I'm so happy with how they performed I'm temporarily willing to ignore the judges giving them lower PCS marks then the Canadians :disagree: I really hope on neutral territory such a thing won't happen, its bogus.

I haven't been this scared and nervous about a skater's performance since Michelle Kwan :laugh: Fingers crossed real hard for them in the FS! :pray:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
This was skated with heart! I was so worried because Boikova kept falling on the jump in practices, but once she landed it, it was beautiful to watch. Great delivery!

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm so happy with how they performed I'm temporarily willing to ignore the judges giving them lower PCS marks then the Canadians :disagree: I really hope on neutral territory such a thing won't happen, its bogus.

I haven't been this scared and nervous about a skater's performance since Michelle Kwan :laugh: Fingers crossed real hard for them in the FS! :pray:

It's nerve-wracking indeed! Especially considering they've - so far - had issues with the free skate. Hoping for the best, though!