Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii

Artemisa

Final Flight
I bet she's already got all the music selected and the dates for the Olympic season circled on her calendar. Everything all ready to go! :biggrin:

And of course its no accident she's talking about it already with two seasons to go and the competition at home so tight. With the way they skated and all of Russia watching she's driving home a clear message to their competitors and the federation. She may be, as she said in her own words, an "old grandma" but her senses are still as strong as ever. They're so lucky to have her in their corner :agree:

An "old gradma" aka a Miss Marple with a lot of claws and tricks ... I agree with you ... I think she has everything planned to there road to olympics ... I even think that we only gonna see again ballet or a war horse in this pair in the olympics ... I think her putting that music in the FS ( please don't tell me that in a universe of music ... that music is the one that pop in your mind) is a away to distract the judges for when she presents a classic again (because classics win and they are perfect for them) ... No one can say that they only do classic or maybe she is preparing them to a program like S/H .... everything in crescendo

NAOTMAA

Medalist
An "old gradma" aka a Miss Marple with a lot of claws and tricks ... I agree with you ... I think she has everything planned to there road to olympics ... I even think that we only gonna see again ballet or a war horse in this pair in the olympics ... I think her putting that music in the FS ( please don't tell me that in a universe of music ... that music is the one that pop in your mind) is a away to distract the judges for when she presents a classic again (because classics win and they are perfect for them) ... No one can say that they only do classic or maybe she is preparing them to a program like S/H .... everything in crescendo

I think your description is pretty similar to what she herself once said when she was talking about why she chose "Meditation" for B&S in 2002. Part of it being the less then enthusiastic reception of the fantastic "City Lights" from the judges and knowing the North American crowd would be behind S&P no matter what. She said it had to be something undeniable. I also recall someone here said K&S wanted to skate to a certain piece of music (it was a classical Russian piece if I recall correctly) but she rejected it because it wasn't that well known and wouldn't have immediate recognition with the crowds or judges. She's already made comments in interviews about music in general for B&K (she said Dmitri loves ballet but he's not always going to skate that even if he wants to). Whatever she chooses it will most definitely be something that is instantly recognizable with audiences and pleasing to the judges.

If it is a ballet I hope its "Sleeping Beauty" :luv17: I think "Die Fledermaus" would be an awesome choice for them in general too

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
If it is a ballet I hope its "Sleeping Beauty" :luv17: I think "Die Fledermaus" would be an awesome choice for them in general too

:agree: for Sleeping Beauty, and I personally have a soft spot for La Bayadere and would love to see their take on that :biggrin: So many classic pieces I'd love to see their take on, Afternoon of the Faun, Libestraum, Symphonie Fantastique, and oh only if I could see a Shostakovich Waltz No.2 program from them...

Artemisa

Final Flight
:agree: for Sleeping Beauty, and I personally have a soft spot for La Bayadere and would love to see their take on that :biggrin: So many classic pieces I'd love to see their take on, Afternoon of the Faun, Libestraum, Symphonie Fantastique, and oh only if I could see a Shostakovich Waltz No.2 program from them...

:bang: why do you had to mention Shostakovich Waltz No.2? WHY! It's one of my favourite! ... imagine Dima em costume .. Now I will be thinking about that!
If not that one ... Imagine them dance to My Sweet and Tender Beast - Waltz by Eugen Doga or waltz goes one ... I can't remeber if one of pairs already skate to them ( I mean a great pair)..

Now a crazy idea for there programs: Musicals!! ( for example a grease or west side story .. I probably didn't care what musical ( except maybe chicago, big spender ... the ice dance ruined there for me... how ice dance can have this year broadway and so little diversity :dumb:)))

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I was worried about it, seeing the skate change half-way, hope she is okay :pray:

LRK

Record Breaker
I simply adore them - adore!

I just want to cry, I'm so happy...

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
(cries) (cries some more) (does a Kozlovskii Fistpump™)

Oh, how I love Sasha and Mitya. I can't say anything more right now, I love them so much. And Madame Moskvina, being chill with the scores but being the first to stand up to thank the crowd after the win was finalised. And Artur Minchuk being dazed. I love them all. (cries even more)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Absolutely thrilled! They are just so charismatic that when they win, it’s a huge charge of joy for everyone who watches it!

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
An interview after the nationals https://youtu.be/g02e_aQBoJc

- We are very glad with such a result at Russian senior nationals. Actually first and foremost we are glad we have showed clean skate and the main elements were executed to a very high level. We are glad that we have showed fighting, we are also glad that we have overcome the pressure which presented at these nationals. Since it is very evident for everyone and it’s a strange paradox that Russian nationals if you look through totally in the season and career it is not the main competition of your career or something like that. But every year and every next season it is mentally one of the most difficult competitions. And because of it I think Aleksandra and I are glad that we have overcome and managed to step over this phsychological pressure that was throughout all this competition and long before it. Actually, I think that you agree with me, throughout all the first half of the season you understand that Russian nationals are forthcoming soon, it’s very close, it’s on the treshold and it’s over now already. And when in yesterday’s interview I said that I was glad that everything was over I indeed meant it. Because it was a great stress. It doesn’t mean that it won’t be again, it will be at the next competitions. But the most mentally difficult competition is over.
- Of the fist half of the season.
- And we are glad that everything turned for us this way. Would you like to say something?
- Frankly speaking I have nothing to add because you have already said everything that we are glad how this competition turned out for us and we are pleased with our work and pleased that we haven’t let anyone down.
- I want to say that we…
- ...have come up to expectations. It’s better to say this way.
- Yes, we have come up to expectations and trust of our coaches, parents and many more people.
And as far as motivation or something like this is concerned we have realised that Russian nationals adds you...we have realised what we should bring more to our skating, how we should skate, what we should do and how we can skate. I think it isn’t even a motivation. We have a lot of motivation to skate and show ourselves at the highest level, to reach the top level, we have a lot of it. And after these Russian nationals we just want to go on this way, we want to prepare to other competitions to show our maximum at them like this.
- Guys, well done great, congratulations on your victory. Happy forthcoming New year, may all your wishes come true in it.
- Thank you.
- Thank you.

Momtoiceprincess

Rinkside
Boikova & Kozlovskii, a very special pair

I am so excited to watch these two progress. They have the chemistry, personality & athleticism that many pairs lack. Love them & really hope the progress & consistency continues for the Olympics. Their spark is amazing

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I am so excited to watch these two progress. They have the chemistry, personality & athleticism that many pairs lack. Love them & really hope the progress & consistency continues for the Olympics. Their spark is amazing

Agreed.

I start to really like them since last year: both programs last season were very good and they started to improve a lot after nationals, the short this season is very special, choreographed by Natalia Bestemianova.

They have genuine smile while skating, it looks like they're having fun out there, but still they go with difficult elements like the throw 3 lutz, with difficult transitions for pretty much all the elements and great execution.

Plus i have a soft spot for Tamara Moskvina, looking as fresh and motivated as this was her first year coaching, she still knows how to bring pairs at the very top level.

Ailera

Rinkside
Agreed. Sasha's attention to detail really stands out to me. I'm really impressed with how clean and high quality all their elements are

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
We have our new European pairs champions, Sasha Boikova and Mitya Kozlovskii :love: :love: Madame Moskvina was already half standing up to wave at the crowd in the KnC :laugh: :luv17: