Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I also love their leaving the ice and reunion with coaches ritual :)

No shortage :luv17: from Europeans—they truly had golden glow going into free, and they were incredible!

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Also, I was surprised to learn from their interview that this was a struggle for them, as I saw none of that in the performance itself.
I noticed even when watching live that Dima was a bit shaky on the last toe landing in the combo, there was some struggle for the element. :)
Moskvina in an interview said there was some minor issue on a lift dismount, but she didn't clarify at which one and I wasn't able to figure it out even just during watching again. :scratch2:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I keep on getting a censored message so I can't quote my google translated article, but when they were talking about their first lift ever Sasha said Mitya's hands were shaking, Mitya denied it, Sasha said she was scared because his hands were shaking so much, Mitya said Sasha was exaggerating :rofl: Classical Sasha and Mitya :laugh: :luv17:

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Europeans Ex Serbian commentary

And here is translation of the commentary.

Aleksandra Boikova and Dmitrii Kozlovskii, the champions in pairs skating. I think these are the last gold winners whom we haven’t seen yet. And in that discipline all tree medals went to Russia. This pair won gold, Tarasova and Morozov silver and Pavliuchenko and Khodykin bronze.
This is an arragement of “Black eyes” song, I would say.
Six days ago she turned 18 years old here in Graz and she couldn’t receive a birthday present better than gold. They are champions for the first time. At last European championships they were the 3rd. And what is interesting this is extraodinary young pair. As a rule some time is needed for a pair to have a build and to skate together and gain experience, confidence and effort of the performance. Aleksandra and Dmitrii brilliantly adapted themselves to it. And in two years at the Olympic games there surely will be a podium place for them. They are the last gold medal winners whom we were watching today at the gala exhibitions. So this pair won gold in pairs skating. The best ice dancing couple is Viktoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov. The best lady, or a girl better to say, is Alena Kostornaia...

Fluture

Record Breaker
Hi, guys! I haven‘t ever posted in a Pairs‘ fanfest before but I will for these two. I‘ve watched them at the Europeans and fell completely in love, first with their skating, and then with them as people. Honestly, I have never seen a winners interview so interesting, funny and simply true to someone‘s personality. (and their English - I was: :shocked: in a positive way) And then the medal‘s ceremony and them being utterly adorable with their medals. In the last few days I‘ve read a few of their interviews and I‘m still thinking the same: Those are not just two outstanding athletes but very intelligent and educated people as well, with interesting and deep thoughts on every question they‘re being asked.

Yes, you may have guessed: I am a fan. And it doesn‘t hurt that I also got an autograph from and a picture with them. :)

Orlov

Medalist
Here is a link to the video of the russian TV evening show (with eng sub), to which Sasha and Dima were invited as part of the team of European gold Champions.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Also, can anybody translate the video, or at least explain the gist of it?

Please welcome.

Hostess:..how the guys are preparing for a new season. Let’s see it.

Speaker: Last season became a real breakthrough for Aleksandra Boikova and Dmitrii Kozlovskii team. First they won Russian Nationals which are more competitive than some international tournaments and then had a triumph at the European Championships. Experts said like a chorus that these guys were capable to push from the top mighty Chinese duos. But Coronavirus interfered. The World Championship was cancelled and instead of fighting for the victory the athletes took a compelled break.

DK: We didn’t believe to the end. There was some hope that it will be postponed for some time. There was no news about total cancellation of the World Championship. But we are totally aware that people’s lives matter more than our inside ambitions of competing at Worlds. And we accept current situation.

Speaker: It’s not clear about the next season. Grand Prix events in North America are under the (cancellation) threat. It is broadly considered that international competitions will start not earlier than in a new year. At any rate there will be Russian tournaments and so far the team has been preparing for them in Tamara Moskvina’s School. Boikova and Kozlovskii missed the training camp in Novogorsk and stayed in St.Petersburg. The explanation is simple and plain: Aleksandra graduated from school this summer and had to take the exams.

AB: I have passed all the exams, whith a rather high scoring, much above the average. Really it was a good job. Besides compulsory school exams I have passed university entrance exams and in general I am ready to be admitted to the same university where my partner Dmitrii studies, but to another faculty, the Social Technologies Faculty.

Speaker: What programmes are the students of Artur Minchuk and Tamara Moskvina preparing for a new season? Working on the short programme started yet before the pandemics. It’s musical theme so far is being kept secret. But this melody is known to everyone who loves good Soviet films.

TM: We were choosing the melody to reflect the increased creative level of Aleksandra and Dmitrii, variety of styles, where they can show themselves, and further my assumption, some guessing what music can be taken by athletes, competitors from other countries, in order for our team to stand out.

Speaker: 6 days per week. Practice schedule of Boikova Kozlovskii team is extremely tough. Ice sessions of European Champions last up to two hours. But it’s probably impossibe to achieve good and serious results in some other way.
Pavel Bogdanov, Aleksei Titov, Daniila Skachkova. From St Petersburg. For Match TV.