Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Aleksandra Boikova & Dmitrii Kozlovskii

Artemisa

Final Flight
Please welcome.

Hostess:..how the guys are preparing for a new season. Let’s see it.

Speaker: Last season became a real breakthrough for Aleksandra Boikova and Dmitrii Kozlovskii team. First they won Russian Nationals which are more competitive than some international tournaments and then had a triumph at the European Championships. Experts said like a chorus that these guys were capable to push from the top mighty Chinese duos. But Coronavirus interfered. The World Championship was cancelled and instead of fighting for the victory the athletes took a compelled break.

DK: We didn’t believe to the end. There was some hope that it will be postponed for some time. There was no news about total cancellation of the World Championship. But we are totally aware that people’s lives matter more than our inside ambitions of competing at Worlds. And we accept current situation.

Speaker: It’s not clear about the next season. Grand Prix events in North America are under the (cancellation) threat. It is broadly considered that international competitions will start not earlier than in a new year. At any rate there will be Russian tournaments and so far the team has been preparing for them in Tamara Moskvina’s School. Boikova and Kozlovskii missed the training camp in Novogorsk and stayed in St.Petersburg. The explanation is simple and plain: Aleksandra graduated from school this summer and had to take the exams.

AB: I have passed all the exams, whith a rather high scoring, much above the average. Really it was a good job. Besides compulsory school exams I have passed university entrance exams and in general I am ready to be admitted to the same university where my partner Dmitrii studies, but to another faculty, the Social Technologies Faculty.

Speaker: What programmes are the students of Artur Minchuk and Tamara Moskvina preparing for a new season? Working on the short programme started yet before the pandemics. It’s musical theme so far is being kept secret. But this melody is known to everyone who loves good Soviet films.

TM: We were choosing the melody to reflect the increased creative level of Aleksandra and Dmitrii, variety of styles, where they can show themselves, and further my assumption, some guessing what music can be taken by athletes, competitors from other countries, in order for our team to stand out.

Speaker: 6 days per week. Practice schedule of Boikova Kozlovskii team is extremely tough. Ice sessions of European Champions last up to two hours. But it’s probably impossibe to achieve good and serious results in some other way.
Pavel Bogdanov, Aleksei Titov, Daniila Skachkova. From St Petersburg. For Match TV.

Thank you .. Anyone can tell me what Dimitri is studying?

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Dmitrii studies Public and Municipal Administration while Aleksandra wants to Journalism.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Except the K. costume .. I think the Sp will be a great program... after watching the program .. I got this feeling that it's a very difficult program .. and I watch it again

P.S: I missed moskovina

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
If anybody could translate their interview I would be forever grateful :pray:

https://www.1tv.ru/sport/predsezonn...ennom-opyte-i-oshushenii-sebya-v-novom-sezone

Here you are. Please enjoy.

Q: I don’t see much joy. Did something…(go wrong)?

DK: No, why? Everything was fine, excellent. We’re just getting used to it again. We have really missed the audience, the competitive athmosphere, big tournaments environment. And while national team test skates are not a competition, it is more a commercial event, nevertherless here occupied some of the best athletes in the world and we are happy to be here among them.

Q: You had a great chic last season. But it wasn’t complete, was it? We would like it to end with the World Championships. How about this year? Do you feel becoming stronger than in last season?

AB: We will see it directly in the competitions.
DK: We are definitely ready to unexpected turns.

Q: What else unexpected turns can be after that?

AB: I don’t even know. It’s hard to say because there was a long break in performing in front of the audience, in competitions. And of course it is very hard to recollect what you were feeling back then and therefore it’s different to compare if you became stronger or weaker. Maybe we’re the same.

Q: Did you go out with a special excitement now? Because of a long break?

DK: You know, it’s not for the first time for us anyway. We remember some our emotions, impressions, we know what to do with them, we have some experience if one can say so. That’s why we can’t say it’s new for us. But of course some exitement and worrying since it’s coming back anyway, coming back to big sports, of course we a bit worried and felt some responsibility.

Q: That’s great. About experience, it is very important. It seems you have different feeling of yourselves after the last season?

DK: Frankly speaking, no.
AB: No.
DK: Frankly speaking, no. Alexandra and I spoke about of it many times. And this is a fact that the European Championships is not a big tournament in figure skating. It is not a big competition.
AB: Everyone in our coacing team comes to us and says: European Championships is a European Championships. It’s gone and you have to go on working. Therefore we don’t stick to it.

Q: Not to stick to it is a right thing. But you done a great job that it even was.

DK: It was. We have lived it through, have accepted it, even have released it. It is a passed stage, that is true.

Q: Maybe that is right. Many thanks and good luck to you.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Although I too am disappointed they aren't getting a new FS I think it makes sense. In my mind I justify it by saying, "they already lost time training due to the pandemic so instead of wasting time creating a new program they keep one they are familiar with and can truly concentrate on upgrading and perfecting their elements and basics. so when they get a new program in the Olympic season it will look even better."

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
An interview after FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoajfXNM7X0&app=desktop
with a translation.

Q: It seems you have a chic shape. Some are just standing on their feet and you, are you ready to run through one more programme?

AB: No. We aren’t!
DK: Frankly speaking there are still miles before a chic form, there are some minor errors, and even executing elements at the high level an athlete can feel he is far beyond giving out his energy to the arena. That is today we had a very concentrated and very undistracted skate.
AB: A working one.
DK: A working one, Sasha puts it right, pure working skate. We had to fulfil the tasks we had. And in general I can say on behalf of myself and our team that we are pleased with our today’s performing.

Q: Many skaters say that they didn’t want to show their maximum today because it’s better to save strength for official competitions. It seems to me that you are not the ones.

AB: You have to skate on your maximum every time. But one just should keep in mind that a maximum now and a one in the end of the season will be different. Therefore it seems to me it’s wrong not to skate to a maximum.
DK: The matter is not about whether you want to show your maximum, but if you are ready to do it.
And these competitions, I just yesterday saw an interview of Eteri Geogriyevna Tutberidze and she said totally right and wise thing: Thank you to the FFKR for organizing such an event, where our national team memebers, all of them have an opportunity to try themselves practically at a world level competition, just the same athmosphere, energetics, tension. That’s great, because there are no analogues.

Q: In general, I think in this season there will be a few competitions with such a field of participants.

DK: Rostelecom. We have two Russian Nationals this year.
AB: Yes, first mini-nationals, the Rostelecom Cup, then the very Nationals which will take place in December. That’s why I can’t say that it will be a lower competitions level.

Q: Vice-versa because it’s not so often such a concentration of our athletes. Usually they are seeded in Grand Prix events. Now it won’t be this way.

DK: Of course, you are right. We all gather only at the test skates and the Russian Nationals, that’s all. At the rest competitions as you mentioned it there is an element of dividing participating athletes.

Q: So, will you add by your first Russian Cup stage?

DK: We will work. And whether we added, that estimation will be given by the experts and audience.

Q: At these skates no points are awarded. Do you like it or would like to see some numbers?

AB: We orient ourselves rather not by numbers but by a feedback about our programmes, our shape, our elements. And therefore, maybe especially now, at the beginning of the season, points are not so important as people’s opinion.
DK: Aleksandra says totally right. I’d like to say that the points are more a rewarding, a mark. But when an athlete moves up to a top elite level he knows he should win himself in order to win a tournament. He knows his maximum and realizes how much that maximum costs. That’s why we don’t stick to the points, don’t concentrate on them. We focus on the flow of our clean skating, on an ideal execution of the elements, how we can do it.

Q: Then I wish you to receive a maximim.

DK, AB: That is it, thank you.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dmitrii is covid positive. Will miss Cup III.

Aleksandra Boikova - Dmitrii Kozlovskii will not perform at the third stage of the Russian Cup in Sochi​

European champions in pair skating Aleksandra Boikova - Dmitrii Kozlovskii will not be able to take part in the third stage of the Russian Cup - Rostelecom, which will be held in Sochi.

On the eve of the competition, the athletes were tested for coronavirus, and the partner tested positive.

Last edited: