2- Alina Zagitova (RUS)
3- Rika Kihira (JPN)
4- Eunsoo Lim (KOR)
5- Alisa Lozko (RUS)
-----------------------------------
6- Ashley Lin (USA)
7- Matilda Algotsson (SWE)

Ice Dance
1- Lorraine Mcnamara / Quinn Carpenter (USA)
2- Anastasia Skoptcova / Kirill Aleshin (RUS)
3- Sofia Polishchuk / Alexander Vakhnov (RUS)
4- Natacha Lagouge / Corentin Rahier (FRA)
5- Sarah Marine Rouffanche / Geofffrey Brissaud (FRA)
----------------------------------------------------------------
6- Ashlynne Stairs / Lee Royer (CAN)
7- Maria Golubtsova / Kirill Belobrov (UKR)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
MEN

1. Dmitri ALIEV
2. Alexei KRASNOZHON
3. Kazuki TOMONO
4. Ivan PAVLOV
5. William HUBBART
--
6. Matteo RIZZO
7. Ilia SKIRDA

LADIES

1. Alina ZAGITOVA
2. Marin HONDA
3. Eunsoo LIM
4. Ashley LIN
5. Rika KIHIRA
--
6. Alisa LOZKO
7. Matilda ALGOTSSON

ICE DANCING

1. Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
2. Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN
3. Sofia POLISHCHUK / Alexander VAKHNOV
4. Natacha LAGOUGE / Corentin RAHIER
5. Sarah Marine ROUFFANCHE / Geoffrey BRISSAUD
--
6. Ashlynne STAIRS / Lee ROYER
7. Maria GOLUBTSOVA / Kirill BELOBROV

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Men:
1. Dmitri Aliev
2. Alexei Krasnozhon
3. Kazuki Tomono
4. Ivan Pavlov
5. Ilia Skirda
6. Kevin Aymoz

Ladies:
1. Alina Zagitova
2. Marin Honda
3. Rika Kihira
4. Eunsoo Lim (but I hope she gets onto the podium :biggrin:)
5. Alisa Lozko
6. Ashley Lin

Ice Dance:
1. Lorraine McNamara/Quinn Carpenter
2. Anastasia Skoptcova/Kirill Aleshin
3. Natacha Lagouge/Corentin Rahier
4. Sofia Polishchuk/Alexander Vakhnov
5. Sarah Marine Rouffanche/Geoffrey Brissaud
6. Ashlynne Stairs/Lee Royer

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
I´m glad of having an entire week without school to watch this :yahoo:

Ladies

1. Marin Honda
2. Alina Zagitova
3. Rika Kihara
4. Alisa Lozko
5. Eunsoo Lim
6. Ashley Lin

Men

1. Aliev
2. Krasnozhan
3. Skirda
4. Tomono
5. Pavlov
6. Aymoz

Ice Dance

1. Mcnamara / Carpenter
2. Polischuk / Vakhnov
3. Skoptcova/Aleshin
4. Rouffanche/Brissaud
5. Lagouge/Rahier

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
1. Dmitri ALIEV
2. Alexei KRASNOZHON
3. Ilia SKIRDA
4. Kazuki TOMONO
5. Kevin AYMOZ
6. Ivan PAVLOV

1. Alina ZAGITOVA
2. Marin HONDA
3. Rika KIHIRA
4. Alisa LOZKO
5. Eunsoo LIM
6. Ashley LIN

1. Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
2. Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN
3. Sarah Marine ROUFFANCHE / Geoffrey BRISSAUD
4. Sofia POLISHCHUK / Alexander VAKHNOV
5. Natacha LAGOUGE / Corentin RAHIER
6. Maria GOLUBTSOVA / Kirill BELOBROV

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR ONE AND A QUARTER HOUR WARNING.

You have just 1 hour 15 minutes left until the deadline to get your predictions in, i.e. until 13:15 CEST (12:15 BST / 11:15 GMT)

YES, THE COMPETITION IS STARTING 10 MINUTES EARLIER THAN PREVIOUSLY ADVERTISED

And I haven't even started on any of my Predictions yet! :eek: :drama:

(Spent far too long the past couple of days making a new avatar and some Fan Art featuring one of the girls skating this afternoon. And then spent a large part of this morning chatting to the mother of said skater!)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Very last minute, so no time for much analysis.

But, I will say that, for the second time this season, I am going with my little Udmurt princess for the win. And hopefully if she continues doing well it will be a good sign for my main Udmurt princess come the Senior season. :biggrin:

Definitely putting the Japanese girls on the podium with her, with Marin in silver and then Rika in bronze.

The Top 6 by absolute PB were all pretty well spread out, so I saw no need to change them. And, after sixth, it didn’t really matter in terms of the Predictions Game.

Couldn’t get over the size of the field! 35 skaters! :drama: Or the fact that, below Hanzlikova in 12th on the absolute PB list, there were only actually 2 that I was any way familiar with – Litvinenko of Great Britain and Ipsarides of Cyprus

Yes, they’ve spelt Daniella's surname differently on her ISU Bio. They’ve also got her DOB wrong – it’s 11th February, not 2nd November! :rolleye:

Men and Dance to follow later on (I was badly delayed the past few days making a new avatar and some Fan Art)

Caroliza_fan

JGP LJUBLJANA CUP

Ladies

1. Alina ZAGITOVA, RUS
2. Marin HONDA, JPN
3. Rika KIHIRA, JPN
4. Alisa LOZKO, RUS
5. Eunsoo LIM, KOR
6. Sarah TAMURA, CAN

Just for fun
7. Anastasia GOZHVA, UKR
8. Lea Johanna DASTICH, GER
9. Liubov EFIMENKO, FIN
10. Matilda ALGOTSSON, SWE

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
With the Men, it was done in even more of a hurry, because I decided to watch as much as I could of the Ladies. I got all the profiles open during the second resurfacing, and started sorting them. Fortunately (in respect to myu predictions), my internet gave up the ghost during Matilda ALGOTSSON, so I was able to give them a bit more time than I expected.

Thankfully, it came back in time for me to post the predictions!

The Top 3 in the absolute PB list were always going to be the Top 3 in my predictions. And in that order. It was after that that I wasn’t sure. Matteo Rizzo and Kevin Aymoz were in very lonely positions in 4th and 5th, so I left them there. But, the scores Stats On Ice had for the next 3 skaters (Galay, Phan and Skirda) were VERY close. So, I was in a dilemma as to which to put as my 6th place alternate.

Then I thought – “Mmmm, Skirda only has his results from St. Gervais on here. I’ll look him up on fskate.ru”. And as soon as I saw his scores on there on there, there was no longer any question of whether he would be my 6th place alternate. He was going straight onto the podium!

With the other two, who were now fighting over 7th position, I went for Phan. For the simple reason that his score from Czech Skate a few weeks ago is only a couple of points lower than his absolute PB. Galay’s ISU scores are much lower.

I was really torn over who to put in 10th. Because Jiri Belohradski and Josh Brown have practically identical absolute PB’s. And I like both of them!

In the end, I went for Jiri. Sorry Josh B!

Caroliza_fan

JGP LJUBLJANA CUP

Men

1. Dmitri ALIEV, RUS
2. Alexei KRASNOZHON, USA
3. Ilia SKIRDA, RUS
4. Ivan PAVLOV, UKR
5. Matteo RIZZO, ITA
6. Kevin AYMOZ, FRA

Just for fun
7. Joseph PHAN, CAN
8. Roman GALAY, FIN
9. Kazuki TOMONO, JPN
10. Jiri BELOHRADSKY, CZE
11. Josh BROWN, GBR

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ice Dance was the first category for this competition where I had enough time to go through the whole process I normally go through (ISU Bios, ISU World Standings, ISU Season’s Rankings, and Stats On Ice).

Not that it made much difference for the podium positions, because I knew who I was putting where. But, it was invaluable for the rest of the field, because I was totally unfamiliar with every other partnership!

OK, so there was a couple of names that were familiar, but they had different partners now.

The absolute PB’s for the two couples representing France were practically identical. But, I decided to swap them around. There were a number of reasons for this:

1. although both couples also have very similar ISU PB’s, the one for Rouffanche / Brissaud is slightly higher than the one for Lagouge / Rahier.
  2. Rouffanche / Brissaud have higher positions in the ISU World Standings and ISU World Rankings than Lagouge / Rahier.
  3. Rouffanche / Brissaud have been together a lot longer than Lagouge / Rahier, and so have far more results to go on.

I also swapped around the next two couples on the absolute PB list, Ashlynne STAIRS / Lee ROYER of Canada and Maria GOLUBTSOVA / Kirill BELOBROV of the Ukraine. Their absolute PB’s were also very similar. But I switched them because:

1. the Ukrainian couple are younger than the Canadians…
  2. …despite this, the Ukrainian couple have a LOT more international experience than the Canadians (their only events outside Canada have been 2 Junior GP’s)...
  3. …and hence the Ukrainian couple are higher than the Canadians on both the ISU World Standings and ISU World Rankings lists.

For the rest, I kept them by absolute PB order. When you are totally unfamiliar with the couples, it seemed as good a tactic as any!

There was one completely new couple, Elvira Nikolova / Ricards Evelins, where I had to use an average of their absolute PB’s from previous partnerships. But, she was at the bottom, and he was only two places ahead of her (the Swiss couple were splitting them). And because Elvira’s absolute PB was so much lower, it brought Ricards down to the bottom when they were averaged out.

So, it didn’t make any difference to my points scoring positions!

Caroliza_fan

JGP LJUBLJANA CUP

Ice Dance

1. Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER, USA
2. Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN, RUS
3. Sofia POLISHCHUK / Alexander VAKHNOV, RUS
4. Sarah Marine ROUFFANCHE / Geoffrey BRISSAUD, FRA
5. Natacha LAGOUGE / Corentin RAHIER, FRA
6. Maria GOLUBTSOVA / Kirill BELOBROV, UKR

Just for fun
7. Ashlynne STAIRS / Lee ROYER, CAN
8. Ashley KLOTZ / Ilias FOURATI, HUN
9. Leticia MARSH / Anton SPIRIDONOV, GBR
10. Elizaveta ORLOVA / Stephano Valentino SCHUSTER, AUT
11. Sarah Michelle KNISPEL / Maximilian VOIGTLÄNDER, GER
12. Marie Louise LEUPOLD / Christof Michael STEGER, SUI
13. Elvira NIKOLOVA / Ricards EVELINS, BUL

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
time for some results!!!
Welcome to The Unpredicability of Men Figure Skating!!

Gold Medal : Florencito, ericpkh98 and Sugarpova with 40 points!!! :hap93::clapper::cheer:

Silver Medal : corynna, invisiblespiral, Crossover, The Finn, voolfee, sneakers, Greta and ines42575 with 35 points!! :yahoo::dance:

Bronze Medal : matmuh, silverfoxes and PorcoPlane with 30 points! :gclap:

as usual, if there are any mistakes please let me know!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
This time ladies were unpredictible too! Scores are up is spreadsheet :)

I feel honored to announce that:
GOLD goes to matmuh who has perfect score of 75 points! :clapper: :bow:
SILVER goes to ericpkh98 and Crossover with 65 points! :cheer:
BRONZE goes to randomfan, Lyssa, FanOfTeamKorea, Marin, sneakers, voolfee, sunnystars with 55 points! :clap:

I'm in awe that with quite suprising results of Ladies there was someone who scored perfectly! Lots of congrats! And smiling Elizabet for you matmuh :)
Congrats to other medalists and players too! :peace:

If you spot any mistake, please let me know!

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I'm in awe that with quite suprising results of Ladies there was someone who scored perfectly! Lots of congrats! And smiling Elizabet for you mamuth :)

who is mamuth??? :biggrin: thanks! i wasnt expecting it esp after SP but so happy that Rika won the way she did!! and special thanks for Elizabet's picture :luv17:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
who is mamuth??? :biggrin: thanks! i wasnt expecting it esp after SP but so happy that Rika won the way she did!! and special thanks for Elizabet's picture :luv17:

Corrected! I thought I had problem with placing comas wrong, but it look like the letters got jealous! :drama:
And yes, Rika Kihira was superb yesterday :) :hap10:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
lmao Gold for men
the competition I want to erase from my memory :laugh2:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
ICE DANCE Results

This time we don't have a perfect score for ID, and we also don't have sole winner. BUT, every single participant is medaled here :)

1st place: ericpkh98, Florencito, ines42575, Layback11, Lyssa, sneakers, StitchMonkey, The Finn, voolfee- 55 points! :agree:
2nd place: CaroLiza_fan, corynna, Crossover, Greta, invisiblespiral, matmuh, Nathan13, PorcoPlane, randomfan, sunnystars - 45 points. My congratulations. :clap:
3rd place: and bronze medal goes to Marin and Sugarpova - 40 points. Well done, guys. Congrats! :yes2:

Congratulations to the winner and all the medalists. Hopefully you will continue to play and win. :)

P.S. As usual, if you find any mistakes with your score, don't hesitate to contact me. And thank you for playing. :)