Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
What happened?

There was a publication of the FED announcing that they would send a certain couple to Pyeongchang despite the results obtained in Zagreb, it was corrected within a few hours, but given the background of the FED everything is possible. :noshake:

Happily there is justice and Sara / Kirill get the prize for their effort, I am very happy to see them in the Olympics :yahoo:

Some say it was sad to see Olivia cry, I would ask her: Didn't she think for a moment of how Sara felt when the FED refused to go to the Worlds despite having won the previous national tournament? The excuses of the FED were "that were more likely to get two seats for the next year" and none of that happened, my humble opinion, Sara and Kirill are excellent skaters and the best in dance of Spain at this time.

Barb

Record Breaker
Great, now it turns out that Sara and Kirill are involved in a dirty fix in Zagreb according to some people in FSU :sarcasm:, w..t..f..? , after the scandal of last year, now it turns out that Olivia and Adria are victims of Sara and Kirill?.

They do not have money, they do not have a powerful coach, Zhulin did not even accompany them to Zagreb and I doubt very much that he would accompany them to the Nationals in Spain. Those comments are so ridiculous and annoying :scowl:.

gabriele

On the Ice
There was a publication of the FED announcing that they would send a certain couple to Pyeongchang despite the results obtained in Zagreb, it was corrected within a few hours, but given the background of the FED everything is possible. :noshake:

Happily there is justice and Sara / Kirill get the prize for their effort, I am very happy to see them in the Olympics :yahoo:

Some say it was sad to see Olivia cry, I would ask her: Didn't she think for a moment of how Sara felt when the FED refused to go to the Worlds despite having won the previous national tournament? The excuses of the FED were "that were more likely to get two seats for the next year" and none of that happened, my humble opinion, Sara and Kirill are excellent skaters and the best in dance of Spain at this time.

This. Also worth mentioning that, following the controversial decision to send S/D instead of H/K to worlds this year, S/D got a bonus GP assignment as well. Olivia is only 20; there will be plenty of time to make her mark on Spanish ice dance.

Mattieu

Medalist
This. Also worth mentioning that, following the controversial decision to send S/D instead of H/K to worlds this year, S/D got a bonus GP assignment as well. Olivia is only 20; there will be plenty of time to make her mark on Spanish ice dance.

Except Adria will be 27 this year, so not so much time as a team.

pearly

Record Breaker

They literally said they would send Smart and Diaz?

Olivia is tweeting something about ice dance scandals, any idea what she's talking about?

Mattieu

Medalist
They literally said they would send Smart and Diaz?

Olivia is tweeting something about ice dance scandals, any idea what she's talking about?

Must be referring to Zagreb, as the competition was very strange politically.
One rumor was that the Belarus judge was removed from the judging panel after the SD for cheating. (this was confirmed by the protocols)
Another rumor was that there were complaints to the ISU about the competition.
I fear this story is not closed yet and I fear for Sara and Kiril, as last season they were treated unfairly and don't want to see a repeat of that scandal this season.
I hope the Spanish Federation sticks with it's decision and doesn't use the excuse of a cheating Belarus judge to do the dirty on Sara and Kiril again

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
I haven´t been paying attention to rumors this season, but I can see now that I missed a lot of things! Thank you Mattieu, Pearly, Chapis, Maryeli... for the info
So FED is twitting stupid things... At this point they should know that they can not do those mistakes, they need to act and be seen as the "grown up" in the room, specially when they need to make difficult decisions that are going to affect their top teams' careers.
We all knew that one of the couples will end up crying at the end of Nationals but, with all those suspicions about the FED and Golden Spin's judges, the situation is even worst for the team that doesn't go to the Olympics.
I'm really sorry for Olivia and Adri, as much as I was sorry last year for Sara and Kirill... Please, do your best in the competitions assigned, we need that second spot, urgently, that's the only way to stop these fights and tears.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I really hope everything is gonna be alright for Sara & Kirill

Im prepared for unfair things all the time but after last year'sd bs situation with all the bonuses going SD way I really hope that the justice will triumph
Go HK!!! they're the underdogs for some time now. will be sad to see them thrown under the bus again

pearly

Record Breaker
I caught that yesterday, thanks. I truly hope Sara and Kirill still get to go to Olympics.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to this Philip Hersh's piece, the investigation about Golden Spin's judge is still going on, but Spanish FED confirmed him that they consider the results official, so no change expected in the spanish olympic team.
Knowing the Spanish FED history, I'm still crossing my fingers... But I'm really happy for Sara &Kirill!!

http://www.globetrottingbyphilipher...-olympics-figure-skating-judging-inestigation

I'll be happy and congratulate them when blades touch Olympic ice and not a moment sooner especially after what happened last year :dev2:

gabriele

On the Ice
Sara and Kirill got 66.60 and go second (the best technically up to this moment and only 8 couples are missing) are among the 10 best :yahoo:

Zhulin smile and I'm happy :hap57:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAyJDduv5tg

Very pleased they had a great SD, exceeding expectations, especially after the controversies around the selection process. Kirill's interpretation of the Latin rythm was excellent (Sara is a natural, of course...). Didn't expect him to be so strong in it. Best of luck for the FD. Please remain in the top 10.

Barb

Record Breaker
yay, they were fabulous!!! I must confess that I did not like this program the first time I watched but the last performances have been great, I buy it totally!!, Good luck for the FD :hap10:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Very pleased they had a great SD, exceeding expectations, especially after the controversies around the selection process. Kirill's interpretation of the Latin rythm was excellent (Sara is a natural, of course...). Didn't expect him to be so strong in it. Best of luck for the FD. Please remain in the top 10.

I'm:cheer2::dance2::hap93::yes2:... I mean, I have no words!!
I suffered all SD long! Can they? They can!
The difference in points between 7th (66,60) and 11th (63,20) is only 3 points. Tomorrow... I'm going to have a heart attack!!
Now, I'm gonna watch it again in youtube, and this time, I'm gonna enjoy it :love:
Go Sara & Kirill!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Sara and Kirill 98.43 in FD (new SB) lead with 165.03 and there are only 7 couples left, :yahoo: they won over the demanding Russian public, every day I fall more in love with their Don Quijote program :dance:

It's such a good program that it makes you want to dedicate it to the FED :love:

ISU video promoting Sara and Kirill (bad audio but are Sara and Kirill) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=herg7T35b2o