Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
I'm not sure in which thread (Team Spain maybe?) I saw it but, someone said that Kirill already has his spanish passport (Olivia too).

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
And here is the FD: 96,44, total score 163,58. 4th place.
By now, in first position in the race for the Olympic spot. At Nationals we will know the spanish ice dance contenders. Great job!!
https://youtu.be/TVWMnzaqTto

I really understand you Mattieu, I always stop breathing when Sara begins the twizzels... :p

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Sara and Kirill did very well :hap10: , despite the limitations and the incident of the World go ahead, a pity that the country they represent will close their opportunities, that twit of the FED very unfortunate and looks bad :noshake:

Sara never lose that smile and Kirill you're a gentleman on ice :points:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Yes, now Adri/Olivia are one point ahead... Tomorrow we will see who goes to the Olympics. I haven't seen the PDFs but the commentators were saying that, even though there was a mistake in the twizzels, the main points of Adri&Olivia's advantange were not there.

It hurts that only one of the teams can go and I always root for both of them, but this time, I really want to see Sara/Kirill's FD in the Olympics.:love:
Wishing them the best of luck for tomorrow.:cheer:

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
According to Spanish Federation's Facebook Page, Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin will be the spanish ice dance team at 2018 Olympics. I'm so happy for them!!! :hap10:
Commentators were saying that Spanish FED was trying to make some kind of solomonic decision, in order to give international opportunities to both teams. It's not confirmed yet, but maybe Sara&Kirill will go to the Olympics and the Europeans and Olivia&Adrian will go to Worlds. I think it could be a good solution but, as I said, we're still waiting for confirmation...

pearly

Record Breaker
I wonder if Smart/Diaz had been the overall winners in terms of points the Fed would send them to both Worlds and Olympics. I have a feeling they are trying to push them more.

Mattieu

Medalist
I wonder if Smart/Diaz had been the overall winners in terms of points the Fed would send them to both Worlds and Olympics. I have a feeling they are trying to push them more.

The Spanish federation does seem to prefer Smart and Diaz. I wonder if it is because it was Sara who broke up with Adria, and they hold this against her?

pearly

Record Breaker
Or the fact S/D are at Gadbois? I don't know. I'm glad Sara and Kirill won this. I don't like Olivia's skating and I really dislike their programs this year.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain

I really don't know. If you listen to S&K's fans, they think Sara is being discriminated and if you listen to O&A's fans, they feel the same way about Adrian. I'm not close to anyone in Spanish FED, so I really don't have usefull information, all I have is an opinion.

Spain has two good ice dance teams, not excelent for a podium rightnow but maybe they could get a top 10 at some point. Both of them are very similar in their quality and a third one is comming so, in a couple of years, C&L will be competitive too. If I were the FED, my main priority would be to get a second spot at competitions, so I would try to push the team that can get it. But they are really similar, maybe O&A a little better technically but S&K have that "something special" (sometimes) that Sara&Adrian programs used to have (their FD this year, for instance). By now, they have to push both teams the best way they can, in order to get that second spot in the sort term and to facilitate international experience for everyone in the long term, because there is a long term here, there're are no ice dance coaches in Spain and those skaters could be the future coaches of spanish ice dance teams (if that's what they want).
I have my favorite team too and, as much as I am disappointed when my favorite doesn't win, whoever go to competitions is my team. I think that there's no point in looking for conspiracy theories, the only possible goal for the FED is to promote all their teams and, if nothing proves it otherwise, I think that's what they are trying to do... even if they make mistakes sometimes.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations for earning their spot for Euros and Olympics. :thumbsup: Though I wish Spain has two Olympic spots in dance, as each two teams have a distinctive style and programs.

H/K have been sort of under the radar since they formed their partnership by not showing themselves in major events except Euros, so their appearance at Olympics could be seen as an unexpected surprise and joy to dance fans.