2016 Ondrej Nepela Memorial Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 Ondrej Nepela Memorial Ladies FS

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Holy Cow!!!!! Where did Maria Sotskova come from? Spectacular :points: How is it possible that I've never heard of her. Is she fresh out of Juniors. I don't remember seeing her at Europeans or Worlds. I guess It doesn't really matter but, Wow! I absolutely love her style. Her posture and carriage or sheer perfection!! :bow:

What what!!! Check out her 2013-14 FS that won her a gold at the GPF that year!!

http://youtu.be/VPRAbYQJoHc

She's very unique and it's one of my favorite performances ever ;)

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Maria also single-handedly earned Russian three spots in Junior Worlds this season. ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
What what!!! Check out her 2013-14 FS that won her a gold at the GPF that year!!

http://youtu.be/VPRAbYQJoHc

She's very unique and it's one of my favorite performances ever ;)

Isn't that Jeremy Abbott's old music in the second half of that free program? It doesn't matter. It must be so frightening to skate for Russia. I can imagine that Med is looking in her rearview mirror and seeing Maria's face in it. Just gorgeous......How was Julia's free program? She certainly looks to be in great shape so, she must have made some errors to have not won this event. She was certainly the favorite (IMO) to win this event.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't that Jeremy Abbott's old music in the second half of that free program? It doesn't matter. It must be so frightening to skate for Russia. I can imagine that Med is looking in her rearview mirror and seeing Maria's face in it. Just gorgeous......How was Julia's free program? She certainly looks to be in great shape so, she must have made some errors to have not won this event. She was certainly the favorite (IMO) to win this event.

It's Pinã and I believe Jeremy did skate to it.

Julia performed well but Zayaked and flubbed some things purely in the TES department. Her PCS stayed good because she didn't fall and kept the program going. Much better than test skates IMO so that's good. Just needs some tweaking of the jump layout. I always enjoy her though but she needs to do better of course. Even though she Zayaked with too many 2t's I'm glad that she kept trying for the 3t at the end of her combo's. At least she's fighting!

Maria is her own thing and I love her for it. To all those who say Russians just pump out Wonderkids and all that Blah Blah need to consider how long Maria has been simmering in Juniors. She's defenitly ready for seniors and I'd be surprised if she doesn't make GPF. She's going to take out folks at the top..... mark my words.

Why oh why can't Mariah take advantage ever. She's been one of my absolute favorites for years now and she just never capitalizes. It's maddening. :bang:

How'd Nicole Rajicova do?

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Maria is her own thing and I love her for it. To all those who say Russians just pump out Wonderkids and all that Blah Blah need to consider how long Maria has been simmering in Juniors. She's defenitly ready for seniors and I'd be surprised if she doesn't make GPF. She's going to take out folks at the top..... mark my words.

Maria is like Anna, puberty came early when she was still in junior circuit, this helped cope with body changes and she is transitioning well to seniors.