2016 Finlandia Trophy Short Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Short Dance

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love Madison & Zach but this SD is scoring over 5 points lower than the top scores this season. It is not the vehicle that is going to let them break into the top tier. I want them to go back and rework it and be the dynamite team they can be.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Ikettes would kill for Olivia's costume. She's a find. It's a good dance, but they need more energy. Tina Turner could power a city with all the energy she generated dancing. They need a bit more of that quality. But an Ike/Turner program was an inspired choice.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Smart and Diaz have my favorite SD of the season so far. I love the use of the same piece of music for the two dances ... Genius! And I love the use of the twizzles (which usually I say, oh yes, we have to suffer this) to bring in the new musical style and tempo with a bang:luv17:

Also, Olivia smart is fabulous and charismatic ... and Adria matches her in charisma. Just dazzling.:love:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
F-B and Sorensen really performed that this time. It was always good, it just hasn't been that interesting yet, until today.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Shoot, I missed almost everyone. How was H/D's dance this time? Did the hip hop part look better/worse/same?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who is on now? I completely slept through my alarm :ddevil:

next up, Stepanova / Bukin. Sorry for your alarm malfunction! hopefully vids will be up soon; some men's SP are up.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
At least I get to see S/B. He looks like a greaser, but she looks club, so I don't know what to expect.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really did not like that much, but it's unquestionably the most energy and personality they've ever shown.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I liked the start and the end, but my stream happened to freeze in the middle. The only complaint I'd have are that the music cuts seem kind of unrelated.

Dots

Final Flight
I love S/B, but after watching the brilliant carwreck that is Hubell/Donohue everything seems so ordinary. :scratch2:

Why are so many of the dance couples so predictable and safe?

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I loved that dance from S/B. She rocks the costume ... isn't it something how the dance chicks can dress now.

But it was their dancing, their expression of the music, especially At Last, that I really appreciated. And that lift with her standing on his leg, and her arm and body movements to the music, rather than just being still up there ... very dynamic.