2016 Finlandia Trophy Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Pairs SP

LRK

Record Breaker
That was, unfortunately, uninspiring. I do think it probably has more potential than the original program, though.

I like it much more than the old SP. I think it needs a bit more mileage - and I also think I need to rewatch it a few times too, to make up my mind about it. Anyway, I think it has potential.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I really liked the Russian Pair. It's unfortunate to see all the falls but it's still early. I don't know much about pairs but I really liked their style and he was great.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
That was, unfortunately, uninspiring. I do think it probably has more potential than the original program, though.

I believe they should be cut some slack since they were forced to come up with a brand new program at the last minute. I liked it, though. And it will be more effective with actual costumes, I'm sure.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was actually a really enjoyable note to end on! I wasn't expecting much so that was a nice surprise.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The Australians are the one winning a surprise gold at a JGP event last week. They are so ready for competing in seniors as well. :)

Reynnou

On the Ice

I really like the first part of the steps sequence, for a 3 weeks old program it's not bad.

And I like the music contrary to the Onegin' SP.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
shows you how much stronger D/R are if they mess up badly and are still leading TES (and PCS). Cannot wait to see their score when everything gets stable. The triple axel throw will come. Give it time...

TMC

Record Breaker
Well surprisingly I was most impressed by the Australian team! They seemed very comfortable and confident. My sis-in-law thinks that the only pair to have any clear connection to their music was Cain LeDuc, and I kinda agree.

After many years of thinking Astakova/Rogonov were robbed, I now see why they score what they score. So different in person.

Thrilled for the Aussies!

Reynnou

On the Ice
I really liked the Russian Pair. It's unfortunate to see all the falls but it's still early. I don't much about pairs but I really liked their style and he was great.

+1

Alexei is such an awesome skater with so much charisma!

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN 66.49 video
2 Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS 57.26 video
3 Mari VARTMANN / Ruben BLOMMAERT GER 56.58 video
4 Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA USA 54.65
5 Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR AUS 54.54
6 Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC USA 54.26 video

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
After many years of thinking Astakova/Rogonov were robbed, I now see why they score what they score. So different in person.

Sorry...what does this mean? They've only been together 2 seasons and this program was made 3 weeks ago. And I saw them live at SA last year and thought they truly were robbed there.

mrrice

Record Breaker
This event, though short, was actually a lot more competitive than the scores reflect. Even with mistakes the Canadians were the class of the field and when they're clean, I can't see anyone beating them. I'll say it again that the Russians were a pleasant surprise, especially him. In fact, I can believe he doesn't skate singles. Lastly, I loved seeing Patrick in the audience and I swear that was Nathan sitting next to him. Is that right? Anyway, if it was I think it shows just how cool Patrick is because, IMO, Nathan is only skater in the field that can challenge him technically. Artistically, he doesn't really have competition at this event.

Reynnou

On the Ice
Can someone with technical knowledge explain why A/R's sbs spins is invalid ? Thanks ;)

I never understand the rules with spins and death spirals... :scratch2:

TMC

Record Breaker
Sorry...what does this mean? They've only been together 2 seasons and this program was made 3 weeks ago. And I saw them live at SA last year and thought they truly were robbed there.

What I said. For two years I've wondered why they scored so low, I just couldn't understand it. But now I've seen them in person, I understand it bit better. They just seem better on video than many of their competitors, but in person they are about equal. They are by no means bad! Just different from what I expected.

LRK

Record Breaker
What I said. For two years I've wondered why they scored so low, I just couldn't understand it. But now I've seen them in person, I understand it bit better. They just seem better on video than many of their competitors, but in person they are about equal. They are by no means bad! Just different from what I expected.

You don't think there might be a bit of a difference in performing a program that one has trained a few months - to a few weeks? It just seems odd to make a judgement of them as a pair in general based on a program that is only a couple of weeks old. (They scrapped the new SP they had prepared after the test skates in September because it didn't work.)

TMC

Record Breaker
You don't think there might be a bit of a difference in performing a program that one has trained a few months - to a few weeks? It just seems odd to make a judgement of them as a pair in general based on a program that is only a couple of weeks old. (They scrapped the new SP they had prepared after the test skates in September because it didn't work.)

I don't know...basic skating skills shouldn't change that much, or do they? The judges seem to agree with my current impression anyway.

But never mind, I'll keep my thoughts to myself in the future ;)

Last edited: