GS Dinner 10/27 at 7:30PM | Golden Skate

GS Dinner 10/27 at 7:30PM

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
GS Dinner 10/27 at 7:30PM - canceled

I was thinking it might be nice to do a pre-competition Golden Skate dinner/meet and greet on Thursday evening around 7:30 PM (after the men's practice). I attended a couple of GS meetups during Worlds and it was a lot of fun. I expect the group to be smaller than in Boston, but still a good time!

Scaddabush is an Italian restaurant with great reviews, has an extensive menu and is also a chain with locations in Toronto. Average price is $20-$30CA per person and reviews says it's good for groups.

https://www.zomato.com/toronto/scaddabush-mississauga-gta/info
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur..._Italian_Kitchen_Bar-Mississauga_Ontario.html

Location is 209 Rathburn Road West, near Square One Mall, about a 10-15 minute drive from the venue. If you don't have a car (as I won't) we should plan to meet around 7PM at the venue entrance and order Ubers or taxis to the restaurant. If you are not attending practice and just want to have good meal with GS'ers, plan to meet us at Scaddabush by 7:30.

Please PM me or reply to this thread if you are interested. I would prefer to make reservations on the 23rd, so I would need a tentative headcount by then. I will post updates as the date gets closer.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I realize we're still two weeks out or so, but no responses yet to the dinner invite. I was wondering if there was a different time during the weekend where folks wanted to get together? Maybe a Saturday brunch instead around noon before the Ladies Free skate?

Let me know.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I realize we're still two weeks out or so, but no responses yet to the dinner invite. I was wondering if there was a different time during the weekend where folks wanted to get together? Maybe a Saturday brunch instead around noon before the Ladies Free skate?

Let me know.

Anyone? Bueller, Bueller?

lyndichee

Medalist
Working and won't make it to Hershey until Friday evening. Hope some people will respond to your invite :)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
AFAIK Thursday are only practice programs, so I may come if it still available. I live pretty close (walking distance) to Square One. Up to know I have no idea of the schedule for this competition. I have a bunch of tickets, as I bought the full package, but I don't know the rules. Can we attend practice?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
AFAIK Thursday are only practice programs, so I may come if it still available. I live pretty close (walking distance) to Square One. Up to know I have no idea of the schedule for this competition. I have a bunch of tickets, as I bought the full package, but I don't know the rules. Can we attend practice?

AFAIK, you'll need a ticket to attend the Thursday practices - I have an all event package and it came with one. I'm actually thinking of canceling the Scaddabush dinner due to low response (and have some shopping to do at the mall that evening since I'm only in town until Sunday AM and most of the time will be at the Hershey Centre)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
AFAIK, you'll need a ticket to attend the Thursday practices - I have an all event package and it came with one. I'm actually thinking of canceling the Scaddabush dinner due to low response (and have some shopping to do at the mall that evening since I'm only in town until Sunday AM and most of the time will be at the Hershey Centre)
OK, as I said I live close to Square One. Unfortunately, after/or because of recession, Sq 1 is not what it used to be. Still many new big stores have opened (Holt Renfew, Simmonds). The Bay is a Canadian line of stores, other popular stores are Apple, Sephora...I don't really know what you would like to find...actually you may check Sq1 website.
We could meet for a coffee or something small, if you want or if somebody else comes maybe Scaddabush. Your idea is great, but I only found it today, as I was checking information about SC...maybe that's explaining the lack of response

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, as I said I live close to Square One. Unfortunately, after/or because of recession, Sq 1 is not what it used to be. Still many new big stores have opened (Holt Renfew, Simmonds). The Bay is a Canadian line of stores, other popular stores are Apple, Sephora...I don't really know what you would like to find...actually you may check Sq1 website.
We could meet for a coffee or something small, if you want or if somebody else comes maybe Scaddabush. Your idea is great, but I only found it today, as I was checking information about SC...maybe that's explaining the lack of response

Thanks, I checked out the SQ1 website - also need to pick up some items at Whole Foods Thurs evening before they close at 9. Staying at an AirBnb condo near there.

I was thinking instead of Thursday evening, we could try brunch on Saturday before the Ladies FS. Of course, there are Free dance practices at that time, but I'd be up for something around noonish. Anyway, PM me if you want to trade mobile numbers to text during the event about meeting up (this goes for Sabrina or anyone else who may want to meet up during the weekend)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Thanks, I checked out the SQ1 website - also need to pick up some items at Whole Foods Thurs evening before they close at 9. Staying at an AirBnb condo near there.

I was thinking instead of Thursday evening, we could try brunch on Saturday before the Ladies FS. Of course, there are Free dance practices at that time, but I'd be up for something around noonish. Anyway, PM me if you want to trade mobile numbers to text during the event about meeting up (this goes for Sabrina or anyone else who may want to meet up during the weekend)

I've send you a private message. Hope we meet soon...

Bonesfan

On the Ice
apgold, maybe post a get-together message on Patrick's and Yuzuru's fan fests? It seems like quite a few posters will be at Skate Canada.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
apgold, maybe post a get-together message on Patrick's and Yuzuru's fan fests? It seems like quite a few posters will be at Skate Canada.

That's a great idea, thanks. I just posted in both of their threads.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's a great idea, thanks. I just posted in both of their threads.

Anyone want to meet for brunch at Scaddabush today at 12:15? Reservation under Goldstein. Details on location in first post.

PM me if coming. I know it's short notice. Thanks.