2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens SP

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Once again, I am popping in to remind those who have forgotten that Patrick's SP is an upgraded exhibition program. He has used this program for the past two seasons. So no, he didn't poach this from Adam. He chose these songs because his parents are fans of The Beatles, and he grew up listening to their music.

I enjoyed watching Jorik's new SP. I am quite surprised he got a new program choreographed and ready to go in just one week. He seems to like Josh Groban. Ivan as well. Europeans this year will be round 2 of the 'Battle of the Josh Groban SPs'. :)

TMC

Record Breaker
Having been at the arena, I enjoyed Kolyada and Hendrixxxx the most. Mihail got me laughing in delight and Jorik brought me to very unexpected tears. In my mind they are in shared first place, followed by Kovtun and then Chan & Chen in third. This might be controversial, but I thought the judges did a pretty good job with the PCS here. They gave Chen and Chan quite a bit less than I expected they would (before I'd seen them skate) and Kovtun a bit more, but in the end I agreed with their judgement.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The skaters I most enjoyed in this competition were Kovtun, Chen, Chan and Hendrickx. Especially I was surprised for the presentation of Chen, he has improved a lot. His PCS was a bit low, but I´m sure it will grow at once if he finishes on the podium here and continues to place well in his first GP. Reputation, that´s the name of the game....

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Having been at the arena, I enjoyed Kolyada and Hendrixxxx the most. Mihail got me laughing in delight and Jorik brought me to very unexpected tears. In my mind they are in shared first place, followed by Kovtun and then Chan & Chen in third. This might be controversial, but I thought the judges did a pretty good job with the PCS here. They gave Chen and Chan quite a bit less than I expected they would (before I'd seen them skate) and Kovtun a bit more, but in the end I agreed with their judgement.

As a Mika fan, that makes me soooooo happy to read :love: thank you for posting, I'm glad you had fun :)

TMC

Record Breaker
As a Mika fan, that makes me soooooo happy to read :love: thank you for posting, I'm glad you had fun :)

He was great today, too. I'm with my mum and she brought only one rose and she gave it to Mihail :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Patrick's music is distracting for me because Adam Rippon just used Blackbird last year and did it with more style. It's extra distracting on a meta level because Adam should have beaten Patrick at Worlds, so now having Patrick skate to this music is a constant reminder. I don't mind the birds in the soundtrack at all, however, and objectively I think it's a fine enough program.

:laugh2:

lol.. patrick has been skating to blackbird for a couple years in EX.. i think it's adam's program that could be seen as "leftovers" and I am obviously joking here... as both programs are so different in conception and musical choices.... they have nothing to do with one another. Also, so many skaters use the same music... anyways...
but really get over it about Adam should have beaten Patrick... where was Adam in the SP? How many quads did he land? At some point, one needs to accept the facts and let it go.... Adam was behind Patrick, where he belonged. If you do indeed believe the opposite, and it prevents you from enjoying Patrick's SP, sorry for your loss my friend. :roll9:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I can honestly say I like Nathan's SP (It's much better than his FP right now), it suits him :) Patrick may not be my favourite skater, but watchnig him skate is always immense pleasure for me. And I like his Beatles SP too!

TMC, it makes me super happy that Mika had some fans in the rink! :ghug:

TMC

Record Breaker
I can honestly say I like Nathan's SP (It's much better than his FP right now), it suits him :) Patrick may not be my favourite skater, but watchnig him skate is always immense pleasure for me. And I like his Beatles SP too!

TMC, it makes me super happy that Mika had some fans in the rink! :ghug:

The audience really did love him. He got one of the biggest applauses and quite a few flowers and tossies :)