Practice Schedule | Golden Skate

Practice Schedule

Elaine666

Final Flight
Why are all the ladies's practices during Fri/Sat so early in the morning? I'm not a morning person, so I may have to skip those.

This year is much better comparing to last year. I remembered last year I got up around 5:30 in the morning in order to watch ladies' first group practice as it started around 6:30 :confused2:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Why are all the ladies's practices during Fri/Sat so early in the morning? I'm not a morning person, so I may have to skip those.

It might be partly to practice for Pyeongchang. Skating times are planned earlier than normal and some practices will be very early. Doing some early AM practices at GPs give skaters a chance to know what to expect and adjust.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
It might be partly to practice for Pyeongchang. Skating times are planned earlier than normal and some practices will be very early. Doing some early AM practices at GPs give skaters a chance to know what to expect and adjust.

Grand Prix practices in NA typically begin first thing in the morning. 8AM-9AM starts are fairly standard and not particularly early.

Last year at Skate Canada, ladies practices began at 6AM on Saturday morning. And at Skate America, the first practices on Saturday were 7AM. So, we're lucky they are later this year.

I'm not a morning person either, so getting up at dawn all weekend isn't exactly my preference...

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
Definitely don't think I'll go watch any of the morning practices based on our travel time from Downtown Toronto but I'll definitely be there from 1:30pm to 7pm Thursday!!

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Does anybody know if we can watch practice sessions with the competition tickets? I have an all event ticket buy gave the practice ticket away since I can not go on Thursday. But I still would like to watch the practice on Friday and Saturday. Thanks for any information regarding this!

Elaine666

Final Flight
Does anybody know if we can watch practice sessions with the competition tickets? I have an all event ticket buy gave the practice ticket away since I can not go on Thursday. But I still would like to watch the practice on Friday and Saturday. Thanks for any information regarding this!

As far as I know, the practice ticket is only for Thursday's practice. As long as you have tickets on the competition days you can watch practice sessions on those days. Same for the gala that you can watch the rehearsal of gala if you have a ticket to the gala.

jao86

Spectator
Does anyone know what the camera policy is for the practice sessions at Hershey Centre? Will I be able to bring a DSLR? Thanks!

crosses9

Rinkside
I just read the twitter : " Tickets to #SCI16 Thursday practices are free at the @hersheycentre box office tomorrow morning. Box office opens at 7am!"

Lysambre

Final Flight

Everybody's practice is roughly 6 hours before they have to compete (on Friday and Saturday at least). Women being the first to compete, are also the first to practice.
For the Thursday, the practice times are close to what they will be the next two days, to give their bodies a little time to adjust.