2016 Finlandia Trophy Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Ladies FS

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The Edea piano boots are starting to get on my nerves. They look like the type of skates a recreational skater would buy at Walmart. Ugly. Blecch.

#firstworldproblems

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
gosh i missed the pairs... and apparently if i believe this thread, ladies are on? where are you guys watching? in the pair thread people mentioned different places? youtube and what not... help?

MsSweetie

Rinkside
Times like these I wish spoken word/vocals weren't allowed still... but then I think about how we'd be listening to the same classical music from every third skater.

MsSweetie

Rinkside
I can only think of Weaver/Poje when I hear this song, and to skate to this you need to be fierce... so I'm not 100% sure that this is the right look for her.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, the upside to skating to this song is that you have the excuse for any mistake you make built into the song - "Je suis malade", that's why, you know. Also "fatigue" - but I think it's probably best to go easy on the "whiski", all things considered... ;)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm tired of "Malade" ... but that didn't prevent me from really enjoying this skater. Yasmine Yamada skates with feeling and feels the music.

LRK

Record Breaker
What a weird dress. I can't even decide if it is good weird or bad weird... I keep going back & forth on it - thankfully I don't have to make up my mind on the subject.:)

Meanwhile, somebody has a cough - please someone offer the cougher a lozenge.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
A fun fact:

This beautiful music to which Luibov performed is composed by Anthony Hopkins, yep, the ultimate Hannibal Lecter. :)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Who was the man sitting with the girl from Finland? He looks very familiar. I see the second group on the ice but I have no sound. Is that normal for the youtube stream?

Last edited: