2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Mens FS

newyn

On the Ice
I really like Paul Fentz's Pink Floyd program but gosh, does the costume really have to be that literal :scratch2:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Oh, I have never seen him before. Can you share a story about him?

"He is a bone marrow donor for his father, who was diagnosed with severe MDS in June 2015 and acute leukaemia a few month later." - Wikipedia

Therefore, he had to skip last season, and suffered some health problem himself in the aftermath of the operation.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I hate the new rule for falls, who said there's hardly any skates with more than two falls? :tantrum:

It is harsh, but I think I'm ok with it. Splatfests should never be rewarded and maybe some skaters will figure out it's better to not attempt a level of difficulty they know they may not be able to execute.

da96103

Record Breaker
They don't close the boards at the exit/entry to the Kiss and Cry. Someone might just do a triple jump combo and jumped out of the rink.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
What's the new rule regarding falls? I must have not been paying attention while vacationing at the Caribbean during the summer (sips Pina Kolyada)

Third fall gest -2.00. Fourth as well. That's why Samohin and Hino got -4.00 for three falls.

MIM

Medalist
"He is a bone marrow donor for his father, who was diagnosed with severe MDS in June 2015 and acute leukaemia a few month later." - Wikipedia

Therefore, he had to skip last season, and suffered some health problem himself in the aftermath of the operation.

I hope the best for his father and him. He looks healthy and enthusiastic out there skating! Thank you for sharing the awesome story.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Not clean, but Majorov looked healthy and seemed to enjoy competing. After all efforts and sacrifice for his father, his appearance here just made me pleased to watch him.

I didn't know any of that back story, thank you very much for sharing! And all the best to Majorov and his father, good to see him competing again, he's so much fun :)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Daniel Albert NAURITS

In a black glitter top with silver sparkle trim and matching belt buckle. Two major falls already. Not as elegant as his countryman, and his choreo isn't as intricate, but he shows glimpses of potential here and there. I wonder if they're training mates.

Fared better on the later jumps.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
6 Daniel Albert NAURITS (EST)

Music: Dank Mozart by Illuminati; A Call from Heaven by Brainwash

Black sparkly shirt with white trim, black pants

3A - fall, maybe <
3A+REP - fall, maybe <
2Lz
FCSp
StSq
?
3Lo
3T
3S
CSSp
ChSt
2A
CCoSp - hand down at start?

Shaky start, better 2nd half

FS: 41.41+56.16-2.00 = 95.57, 152.41, 4/6

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
Daniel!! His facial expression!!
His lines and performance grit is really goood!!!! I am impressed!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It is harsh, but I think I'm ok with it. Splatfests should never be rewarded and maybe some skaters will figure out it's better to not attempt a level of difficulty they know they may not be able to execute.

I would be okay with rule if it wasn't for quads already being punished more than other jumps. (I mean the -4.00 GOE).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I would be okay with rule if it wasn't for quads already being punished more than other jumps. (I mean the -4.00 GOE).

We'll see how the season unfolds...I may change my mind if a bunch of guys who play it safe with all triples end up winning over those who don't. :noshake:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
7 Jiri BELOHRADSKY (CZE)

Music: Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven

White blouse, black pants

3Lz+2T
2A
3F
FCSp
StSq
3T
3Lz+1Lo+3S - fall