2016 Finlandia Trophy Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Free Dance

Dots

Final Flight
I S/B's twizzels. However they are not selling this tango at all. THe lifts are great thought.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I actually liked Stepanova/Bukin's Russian Tango :biggrin: It's was refreshing and gigantic step forward after last season's dances fiasco! And I absolutely loved their dance spin, very original :) They deserve to win this with big margin, IMO.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
The first set of twizzles look like spins. It's cool. Are the judges cool with it, though?

It was a tango, but didn't feel like a tango.

Lota

Record Breaker
YES! THANK YOU! While this dance is far from polished, at least it's something different and they definitely brought the energy! Hope for even more improvement in the future! :cheer:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
172.83 for Stepanova/Bukin. They win. Congrats to them!

madison

Record Breaker
I actually liked Stepanova/Bukin's Russian Tango :biggrin: It's was refreshing and gigantic step forward after last season's dances fiasco! And I absolutely loved their dance spin, very original :) They deserve to win this with big margin, IMO.
Agree on that.
Maybe someone could explain how come Madison and Zachary take such big marks?
For me they are totally unmatched, she is too big for him and the dance was really common ....

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well that tango was certainly very busy, but I'm not sure how much of a connection between themselves was there. It was like they are still in the "we're getting all these steps down" to work on the connection yet. A tango without tension.

On the plus side, they're really put in a lot of work in the off season. I see a new commitment from them. They're really gunning for Russia #1 and it is already paying off for them. Beating H/D here is a HUGE deal.

Snow63

Record Breaker
The first set of twizzles look like spins. It's cool. Are the judges cool with it, though?

It was a tango, but didn't feel like a tango.

Nope, it was not pirouettes, the traveling was clear. And there's not such criteria as 'ice coverage' for judges to mark twizzles.

Lota

Record Breaker
Maybe since they had to do hip-hop, swing or whatever for the SD, most decided to go sloooow for the FD? lol

That's actually probably the case :laugh: The smarter teams must have anticipated that and gone with something... less dreary :laugh:

sneakers

Match Penalty
wowza, StepBukin as Russian No.1 ???
I guess its not that farfetched after all...

Ilinykh / Zhignashin, Sinitskina / Katsalapov and Zahorski / Gyureiro battling for No.3 will be exciting...

noidont

Final Flight
All incredibly boring programs. Thought Tiffany and John looked the cleanest and the fastest. Of all the Montreal teams only Smart/Diaz are interesting to me.
This is a bad year for ice dance...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Nope, it was not pirouettes, the traveling was clear. And there's not such criteria as 'ice coverage' for judges to mark twizzles.

Makes you wonder, why isn't ice coverage a criteria for twizzles? I think top couples do it anyways but it would be interesting to see if that was made mandatory.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Agree on that.
Maybe someone could explain how come Madison and Zachary take such big marks?
For me they are totally unmatched, she is too big for him and the dance was really common ....

No matter how bad/unoriginal/average their dances are, they still are top level skaters with top level skills. And Zach is one of the best male partners in business, so yeah, they'll get their marks, but IMO they need something different to be on top.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
After watching Ice Dance this weekend I'm glad Sara Hurtado/Kiril Khaliavin are not training in Montreal like new partnership of Adria Diaz. Montreal has not enough ideas for all teams they are coaching....

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Yeeeeeeeee SB!!! totally different from both Sinkats & Pipergillies! I like teams that maybe don't have genious skills but they just work work & work! (Sort BS but I'm totally team SB for now)

madison

Record Breaker
No matter how bad/unoriginal/average their dances are, they still are top level skaters with top level skills. And Zach is one of the best male partners in business, so yeah, they'll get their marks, but IMO they need something different to be on top.

Of course they are, but at this level almost all are.