Predictions for Russian Junior Worlds team | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Predictions for Russian Junior Worlds team

Kittosuni

Medalist
I think the main reason why Konstantinova got the nod over Gubanova is because she is eligible for the olympics. Russia wants her to have experience and get her name out there.

moriel

Record Breaker
I think the main reason why Konstantinova got the nod over Gubanova is because she is eligible for the olympics. Russia wants her to have experience and get her name out there.

I dont think thats a priority.
They have Medvedeva and Pogo. They have Elena. Both Zagitova and Tsurskaya can turn seniors. I don't think there is a desperate need to promote one junior over another junior because some olympic scheme.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I think she's just better prepared now, at this point in time, so the was selected
If the team should have been selected earlier when Gubanova had good results - she would have been selected
Some skaters just do better in the later part of the season:confused2:

Pracygr

On the Ice
They were 15 points apart in the end. Was Konstantova supposed to get all 5s in components or something? They weren't even close to competing for the same spot.

kalee

On the Ice
I think she's just better prepared now, at this point in time, so the was selected
If the team should have been selected earlier when Gubanova had good results - she would have been selected
Some skaters just do better in the later part of the season:confused2:

Same logic as why Mariah Bell and Karen Chen are going to Worlds instead of Gracie. Whoever is performing because they are in form at this point of the season, is duly rewarded. The fact that there are so many cases where a skater can't maintain the same form through GP, Nationals and ISU Championships shows how amazing Evgenia's consistency is, as well as how consistent Anna has become this season.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I still don't understand this 'war' on Konstantinova. I didn't have her in my radar at all, but then I hardly follow the junior girls. Lately I've seen so much stuff about why she doesn't deserve her place and whatnot, and it's making me root for her instead of all the others. Geez, it's not like she's the one choosing herself over the rest - and she doesn't even come from a politically strong background.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I still don't understand this 'war' on Konstantinova. I didn't have her in my radar at all, but then I hardly follow the junior girls. Lately I've seen so much stuff about why she doesn't deserve her place and whatnot, and it's making me root for her instead of all the others. Geez, it's not like she's the one choosing herself over the rest - and she doesn't even come from a politically strong background.

For some reason people get very jealous about "their" ladies and have to tear the others down even though it's hardly Stasya's fault that she delivered and others bombed. But also, a lot of those comments came from a known troll who's been banned multiple times before. Just saying.

OT, but it gets so confusing when I read Russian pages with Google Translate and Stasya's name is translated as "Beyonce" :laugh: Almost as confusing as Russian Nationals translating to "Czech Republic."