Skate America Previews | Golden Skate

Skate America Previews

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I found very nice Preview on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xChwvinEblg (it was posted before S/H WD, so they're included)

Would be nice if USFSA did some previews like last year too :) I can't wait to see some skaters programs :hap85:

No Brendan :no:

Also, I think their numbers are out of date, because Brendan's TCS is now much higher than 210 - pretty sure he was over 220 at SLC.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
My Empress Sui and Knight Han won't be in SA, :sad46: but the withdrawal is a wise decision for them though. :thumbsup:

It would still be interesting to watch who's gonna take the title. Tarasova/Morozov vs Seguine/Bilodeau is an easy guess, but I also hope James and Cipres finally hits all elements as a fresh start and Denny and Fraizer climb up far in the event.

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I found very nice Preview on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xChwvinEblg (it was posted before S/H WD, so they're included)

Would be nice if USFSA did some previews like last year too :) I can't wait to see some skaters programs :hap85:

This makes me miss Sui/Han, but I'm glad they're resting, and I'm very excited about the rest of the competition! (Also, I LOVE your new icon picture and caption)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No Brendan :no:

Also, I think their numbers are out of date, because Brendan's TCS is now much higher than 210 - pretty sure he was over 220 at SLC.
About the scores, it's probably because it was uploaded on September 15th. Since then Challengers happened, skaters WD and skaters were added, but I still think it's a good Preview. I know you'd like to see Brendan, I'd like to see Michal in SC Preview, but I get it that not every skater can be included :(

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Do we know what the schedule for media teleconferences is and when they might show up on Icenetwork. I know Ashley and Adam's were yesterday.

LRK

Record Breaker
About the scores, it's probably because it was uploaded on September 15th. Since then Challengers happened, skaters WD and skaters were added, but I still think it's a good Preview. I know you'd like to see Brendan, I'd like to see Michal in SC Preview, but I get it that not every skater can be included :(

As far as I can see, the criteria for inclusion are the skaters/teams with the five overall best total scores - and they are shown in that order: 5-4-3-2-1.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Do we know what the schedule for media teleconferences is and when they might show up on Icenetwork. I know Ashley and Adam's were yesterday.

My two cents:

AFAIK, USFS never has released to the general public the full schedule for media calls.
Sometimes a member of the media (or even USFS itself) will make a casual allusion to whose call is coming up next, for example, or whose calls are coming up the next day.
If you are absolutely dying to know the full schedule in advance, I suppose you could try tweeting a query to a member of the media (and/or USFS and/or IN). Or if you are particularly interested in one or two skaters, such as -- maybe ;) -- Jason :laugh:, I think you might be more likely to get an answer if you ask just about him.

In the past, the time lag until the audio becomes available on IN has been very unpredictable.
Sometimes it is a full day (or even more); sometimes the audio is published on the same day as the call.

Published this morning:

I haven't listened to either call, but from yesterday's tweets:

- Per Rutherford (IIRC), Adam said that he would put a quad toe in his FS.
(I know you already reported the music change for his FS, but haven't seen anything on GS about his quad.)

- Christine Brennan asked Ashley about Trump, and then wrote an article about Ashley's response.