2016 Skate America Videos- no spoilers | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Videos- no spoilers

TMC

Record Breaker
Cant wait for the B.Esp vids!

I have this tradition with a friend who is a huge Prince fan and therefore got into Jason as well a few years ago. Every year I share Jason's best performance on FB with her :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Where are the lists. This is a mess. Thank you to the people who hijacked a much better thread and drove mao88 off with rudeness. This sucks.

Speaking of rudeness, please stop being rude to Doris and to those of us who made an effort to contribute lists to this thread.
The lists in this thread for Saturday's and Sunday's competitions have exactly zero links from Mao (who preferred -- as is her prerogative -- to discontinue her great lists :bow: that we all appreciated).

If you had bothered to take two seconds to look at the first page of this thread, you would have seen that the lists are there.

And/or if you had bothered to take two seconds to look at the last several posts at the end of this thread, you would have seen that Doris made note that she had moved the lists to the top of the thread.

If you want a "much better thread," then please CONTRIBUTE "much better" lists of your own.

Otherwise, please stop your whining and complaining.

ETA:
I do recall that you have health issues, which of course I regret.
But health issues are not an excuse for your rudeness.
And if you are incapable of contributing, that does not give you license to complain about what others are offering.​

Last edited:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Speaking of rudeness, please stop being rude to Doris and to those of us who made an effort to contribute lists to this thread.
The lists in this thread for Saturday's and Sunday's competitions have exactly zero links from Mao (who preferred -- as is her prerogative -- to discontinue her great lists :bow: that we all appreciated).

If you had bothered to take two seconds to look at the first page of this thread, you would have seen that the lists are there.

And/or if you had bothered to take two seconds to look at the last several posts at the end of this thread, you would have seen that Doris made note that she had moved the lists to the top of the thread.

If you want a "much better thread," then please CONTRIBUTE "much better" lists of your own.

Otherwise, please stop your whining and complaining.

ETA:
I do recall that you have health issues, which of course I regret.
But health issues are not an excuse for your rudeness.
And if you are incapable of contributing, that does not give you license to complain about what others are offering.​

If you knew where I was this weekend you might not be so judgemental. I absolutely can't search cut paste on an iPad that comes and goes a phone crazy etc. I was rude I apologize. I,did want to pm Mao88 and she is blocked now. She did yeomans work for years and I think the forum owes her an apology. I recall something similar in the past. She had strict rules and was totally concise. No discussion just neat concise and absolutely excellent.

I'm not only upset she felt usurped but that she has apparently left for good and we cannotprivately thank her. I think I was the one that asked years ago for lists and she popped up and just did it. I just think she is awesome and if only respected this would not have happened. There are two kinds of people who say what they think- old and sick and I am both. I know a lot of people feel the same but will not speak up. She has been great and I thanked her several times like many and I wanted her to see that comment but she has left the building.

I get attached to many posters comments or that reliable thread to save time. I'll never get over Olympia. It is a great comfort her threads and excellence is to be admired. I hope the forum leader asks her to com back if she has a way to reach her. Maybe Doris knows her. Doris is amazing always.

Sorry I was so snappy and I do think it will get better organized in future competitions. I've been looking for results and podiums ceremonies and Eurosport or Cbc. People like me especially loved her format. I loved seeking the order the scores and picked who and where to watch. Simply fabulous and a damn shame it is gone. But thanks to all those who did do this.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I think I was the one that asked years ago for lists and she popped up and just did it.

... Doris is amazing always.

... But thanks to all those who did do this.

My thanks in return for your reply, skateluvr. Wishing you the best with your health.

I am touched to hear that Mao originally started her lists in response to your request. Never knew that. Very sweet :cool:.
I will keep my fingers crossed that she will resume her videos/results lists that were so valuable to you and that became so valuable to many of us.

Agree that Doris is amazing. With a group effort for the lists + Doris' placement of the lists at the top of the thread, the no-spoilers thread can serve a different purpose -- as a starting point for some who did not see the live competition.
We winged it on Saturday and Sunday, and at least have a list for each segment. (Those from me are a far cry from the encyclopedic things of beauty created by Mao. With no apology, my own goal was as basic as it can get: getting together one video per program ASAP.)

penguin

On the Ice
With all due respect, the people who contributed here did not drive Mao88 (whose work has been much appreciated) off this site. When it became clear that Mao88 was not going to be continuing her thread with links, I, like the others who stepped up, figured we could contribute something to fill in the gaps so that people could have videos. Perhaps what we contributed was not up to par with your standards, but then you can go ahead and contribute something much better next time, rather than sniping at people who were just trying to help as Mao88 has done all this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

LRK

Record Breaker
I'd like to say that I for one truly appreciate the work people have done in this thread, and the willingness with which so many people stepped in to help.

Mao88's work through the years has been amazing and inestimable - but if she chooses to discontinue that, it is certainly her right to do so. We have no right to make demands on her time or efforts - or anyone else's.

Again, a big thank you both to her - and everyone else who are willing to help and make this forum such a great place to be.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
That's because I'm at SkAM and I'm not uploading anything until Monday... ;) ...

sabinfire :bow:, thx for all the videos uploaded to your 2016 Skate America channel:

Available there as of tonight:

- Men's SP Full Broadcast -- Universal HD
- Ladies SP Full Broadcast -- Universal HD

- Ladies Full Broadcast NBC
- Men's Full Broadcast NBC

- Ladies Fluff

- Pairs FS Full Broadcast -- Universal HD
- Ice Dance FD Full Broadcast -- Universal HD

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
sabinfire :bow:, thx for all the videos uploaded to your 2016 Skate America channel:

Available there as of tonight:

- Men's SP Full Broadcast -- Universal HD
- Ladies SP Full Broadcast -- Universal HD

- Ladies Full Broadcast NBC
- Men's Full Broadcast NBC

- Ladies Fluff

- Pairs FS Full Broadcast -- Universal HD
- Ice Dance FD Full Broadcast -- Universal HD

Most of these videos are no longer available as of a few hours ago. Sorry about that, beyond my control. :cry:

micnow

Rinkside
On the ISU Skating channel, I can not find the videos for example the ladies SP + FP anymore (the videos were there after the competition). There are some videos from Skate America but not all.
Anyone has an idea where the videos are?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
On the ISU Skating channel, I can not find the videos for example the ladies SP + FP anymore (the videos were there after the competition). There are some videos from Skate America but not all.

There still are Ladies Free Skates, but I do not see SP anymore too.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

There still are Ladies Free Skates, but I do not see SP anymore too.

Interestingly, it apparently is not consistent as to which archived videos still are available to each of us on the ISU Eurovision channel at this point.

Like micnow, I no longer have any Ladies at all available to me.

FWIW, the six archived 2016 Skate America videos still available to me:

Men's FS 2/2
Pairs FS 1/2
SD 1/2 + 2/2
Exhibition 1/2 + 2/2​

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Interestingly, it apparently is not consistent as to which archived videos still are available to each of us on the ISU Eurovision channel at this point.

Like micnow, I no longer have any Ladies at all available to me.

FWIW, the six archived 2016 Skate America videos still available to me:

Men's FS 2/2
Pairs FS 1/2
SD 1/2 + 2/2
Exhibition 1/2 + 2/2​

Type "chicago" in search, enter and you will have two pages of videos of SA. (but not all unfortunately)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Type "chicago" in search, enter and you will have two pages of videos of SA. (but not all unfortunately)

Thx for the good tip :).

Odd that the 2016-17 GP tab is useless (at least for me).
I get nothing from the tab. At least it should show the same group that comes up in the search results.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thx for the good tip :).

Odd that the 2016-17 GP tab is useless (at least for me).
I get nothing from the tab. At least it should show the same group that comes up in the search results.

No problem ;) I also got nothing from the tab, that was the first thing I tried on Saurday to get videos and it's still not working.

Last edited:

micnow

Rinkside
Thanks cathlen as well. I didn't have the idea to fill in "Chicago" into the search box. I tried Skate America and others. Now I found Ladies FP as well.

I hope it worls for Skate canada as well.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
On the ISU Skating channel, I can not find the videos for example the ladies SP + FP anymore ...

Thanks cathlen as well. I didn't have the idea to fill in "Chicago" into the search box. I tried Skate America and others. Now I found Ladies FP as well.

I hope it worls for Skate canada as well.

FYI, today I used the search term "USA" and the Skate America Ladies SP was in the search results. (Not sure whether you still were looking for it.)

Thx again to cathlen for the tip to use the search function.