Practice reports? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice reports?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Okay my thoughts on men:

Group 1: Boyang, Brendan, Nam, Sergei V, Kovtun. In general: format was warmup and then each guy had time to do programs. None of them ran full programs with jumps. Some did jumps outside programs. Most of them just seemed to be getting used to ice.

Brendan: my favorite of this group. He has nice flow, upper body, spins. No jumps in program but did a few nice ones outside program - too much going on to identify.

Nam: my second favorite, and he wins award for most improved. He looks more mature and has better speed, flow and use of upper body. Spins still need work. No jumps in program. Did okay 3A later.

Boyang: I was most curious about him. He did SP. Spider-Man - not my favorite music. We didn't get much of the program so hard to tell how much he's improved presentation. He looks better in terms of flow. Spins a bit better. I think this will give him chance to show more personality but not much today. Still work in progress. Good 3A in program. Outside program I saw him pop 4Z but height was jaw dropping. He fell on one other jump.

Kovtun didn't do much in program. He looked okay but in person presentation not as improved as it looked at Finlandia. Mayb because still getting used to ice. He did a few jumps outside program. Tilted 3A. Jumps look muscled.

Voronov didn't do much in program but he has nice presentation. He did a good 3A-3T. He popped several 3Z in and outside of program.

Group 2 in a minute.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Group 2

Jorick, Shoma, Jason, Tim, Adam. For the most part all of the guys did their programs.

Jorick - didn't do his full program but he has a very nice presence on ice. I got distracted watching some of others so can't say more - sorry.

Shoma - looks good! He has been in Chicago a few days and seems acclimated to time. He fell on opening 4F but did quad combo okay - a bit tilted but hung on. He did a good quad (4F?) oh side program.

Jason - FS - fell on quad and 2d 3A but rest of program looks really good - big improvement over last year. He looks much faster. I think he has good chance to medal. Jason fans, will post more details in fan fest. Looked best of everyone to me but I'm biased.

Tim - he has lots of potential but is not soup yet. Program needs more mileage.

Adam - SP. looks good, smooth. Nice rippon z combo. Okay 3A. He looks about like us classic. He did full program but didn't perform full out.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Thank you everyone for the updates! From that small clip, Boyang looks like he's definitely improved :clap:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2nd half of the Shibs short dance :eeking: They did not just mixed Sinatra on top on Jay Z? :disapp: I need to re-watch my video but I was not feeling that.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Maia in catsuit! And pony tail! Music That's Life. Didn't do full program full out. I liked what I saw but don't know enough. Their non touching st sq with twizzles looked good to me.

No HD. It sounds like they just didn't come not like they withdrew.

Pogrebinsky Benoit didn't watch whole thing but I like them. They did one really spectacular lift. And she did a biellmann spin.

Apologies didn't watch rest of dancers - trying to post.