Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
21-23 Oct. 2016
Hoffman Estates (Chicago), United States

Ladies Short Program
Friday, Oct. 21, 2016, 19:05, UTC -5

Check out the conversions for various time zones here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...=248&p4=33&p5=166&p6=195&p7=136&p8=179&p9=256

Start order

StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Angelina KUCHVALSKA
LAT
2Serafima SAKHANOVICH
RUS
3Mao ASADA
JPN
4Mariah BELL
USA
5So Youn PARK
KOR
Warm-Up Group 2
6Gracie GOLD
USA
7Roberta RODEGHIERO
ITA
8Kanako MURAKAMI
JPN
9Mai MIHARA
JPN
10Gabrielle DALEMAN
CAN
11Ashley WAGNER
USA

Entries (in World Standing order)​

Ashley Wagner, United States (#4)
SP "Sweet Dreams are Made of This" by Annie Lennox; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
LP Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 3 by Muse; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne

Gracie Gold, United States (#8)
SP "Assassin's Tango" from Mr & Mrs Smith soundtrack, by John Powell; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP "Daphnis and Chloé" by Ravel; choreo by Lori Nichol

Kanako Murakami, Japan (#10)
SP Carmen by Georges Bizet, Gypsy Dance by Georges Bizet; choreo by Mihoko Higuchi
LP E lucevan le stelle (from "Turandot") by Giacomo Puccini; choreographed by Mihoko Higuchi

Gabrielle Daleman, Canada (#12)
SP Acte IV Prelude from "Herodiade" by Jules Massenet, Scene XIV Ballet Finale from "Herodiade" by Jules Massenet; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin; choreo by Lori Nichol

Roberta Rodeghiero, Italy (#13)
SP "A levare" by Astor Piazzolla and "Yo Soy Maria" by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Massimo Scali, Corrada Gordani, Lukas Csolley
LP Natalie Cole Medley: "Non Dimenticar," "Love," "Smile," "Paper Moon;" choreo by Massimo Scali, Corrada Gordani, Lukas Csolley

Angelina Kuchvalska, Latvia (#14)
SP If You Go Away by Shirley Bassey and Duendo by Bozzio Levin Steven choreo by Benoit Richaud
FS O Fortuna (from "Carmina Burana") by Carl Orff; Ameno Dorime by Enigma/Era and The Mass by Era; choreo by Natalja Lipska

So Youn Park, South Korea (#15)
SP Man with the Golden Arm (soundtrack); choreo by Cindy Stuart
LP Aranjuez, Mon Amour performed by Nana Mouskouri; choreo by David Wilson

Mao Asada, Japan (#22)
SP Danza Ritual del fuego (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla; choreo by Lori Nichol
LP En la cueva - La noche (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla, Pantomime (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla, El aparecido (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla; choreo by Lori Nichol

Serafima Sakhanovich, Russia (#26)
SP "Goodbye" by Jan A.P. Kaczmerak from Hachi: A Dog's Tale soundtrack; choreo by Olga Glinka
LP The Man with the Harmonica by Apollo 440, Amélie Poulain (soundtrack) by Yann Tiersen; choreo by Valentin Molotov

Mariah Bell, United States (#48)
SP "Roxie Heart,” “Hot Honey Rag” & “All That Jazz” from the Chicago soundtrack; choreo. by Rohene Ward
LP "East of Eden" by Lee Holdridge; choreo by Rohene Ward

Mai Mihara, Japan (#61)
SP "Rondo Capriccioso" by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Massimo Scali
LP "Cinderella" by Patrick Doyle; choreo by Yuka Sato

Last edited by a moderator:

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
Does anyone know if the starting order is the same as usual for GP events (Sp goes off of World Standings, highest to lowest but reversed and fs goes off of placement in the sp reversed) or are they doing a draw this year? I like it much better the way they usually do it. (Sorry this doesn't really have to do with this thread, I didn't know where else to put it)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want to see Mao and Mariah on the podium. :rock:

Tyranid

Final Flight
I just hope that Serafima can skate her best and not get PCS scores of a 3'rd tier junior.

Sima fighting! :clapper: :hap10: :cheer2:

Layback11

Record Breaker
After reading that article about Gracie in The Edge, I'm really hoping she can come out charging here and do amazing. (Okay, I always am, but it really seems like she needs it psychologically.)

tinnychan

On the Ice
Does anyone know if the starting order is the same as usual for GP events (Sp goes off of World Standings, highest to lowest but reversed and fs goes off of placement in the sp reversed) or are they doing a draw this year? I like it much better the way they usually do it. (Sorry this doesn't really have to do with this thread, I didn't know where else to put it)

It will be a random draw this year for all the GP event including Final. (World Standing will only affect the starting order in ISU Championship and Olympics)

Good for such skater like Mihira and Bell, they don't have to skate first and receive relatively low PCS.

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
It will be a random draw this year for all the GP event including Final. (World Standing will only affect the starting order in ISU Championship and Olympics)

Good for such skater like Mihira and Bell, they don't have to skate first and receive relatively low PCS.

Wait, so someone like Ashley could end up in the first warm up group? Or are they still splitting it and drawing within the group? I like it much better the way it usually is.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Good. Perhaps that will help dispell...

^this kind of unproven/superstitious/mumbojimbo/conspiracy theory/nonsense...

I guess plenty of people will still cling to the belief that such things happen as a matter of routine though... despite plentiful examples of skaters scoring highly from early groups... even relatively unknown skaters.

Oh but of course those exceptions can be "explained" by "strong feds", "reputation", "home cooking", "judge nationality", etc, can't they... -_-

Not that there is any guarantee that skaters with low scoring potential won't still end up in an early group, or that high scorers won't still end up in a later group...! Because it's random, right?!

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh, is it that time of the year again? Figure Skating Grand Prix season? YAY! And it seems like the Ladies field for Skate America is an exciting one already. Shout out to Kanako, I hope she can finally go up the ranks again.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It will be a random draw this year for all the GP event including Final. (World Standing will only affect the starting order in ISU Championship and Olympics) ...

Thx for educating me, tinnychan :bow:.

The start order has been published. http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpusa2016/SEG003.HTM

@LynnRutherford
Well, judging from 1st ladies practice, Mai Mihara is threat to win gold or silver here. #SkateAmerica
12:32 PM - 20 Oct 2016
https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/789187433455685632

:cool: :popcorn:

I look forward to Gabrielle Daleman's short program. Massenet is one of Lori Nichol's favorite composers. This music (I don't know about the cut) was used in Michelle Kwan's 1996-97 short program. It (Herodiade) presents a different take on the Salome theme (which Michelle presented to Wagner the previous year.)

In Herodiade, Salome is a virtuous girl who is attracted to John the Baptist's religious teachings and tries to save his life. At the end she kills the wicked queen and herself, after John is beheaded by Herod. (Something like that. :) )

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Isn't this supposed to be happening now?

ETA nevermind I am a whole day ahead...

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't this supposed to be happening now?

ETA nevermind I am a whole day ahead...

I did that the a few weeks back with a JGP or something and made an almost exact replica of your post right down to the ETA. :dance3:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did anyone notice that the Tech team for both singles events is:

TC: Julia ANDREEVA RUS
TS, ATS: Masako KAWAI JPN, Fernand FEDRONIC FRA

Ashley had better rotate her jumps, because she won't be getting any slack---same for Mao, Jason Brown and Adam Rippon.